Decompile EXE to AU3 Error

Unable to decompile an EXE to AU3 10 minutes after compiling it with Aut2Exe.

I have looked in the forum and found one reference to this, however without a solution.

I am using AutoIt version 3.3.0.0 downloaded from the website two days ago.

Any help would be appreciated.

Unable to decompile an EXE to AU3 10 minutes after compiling it with Aut2Exe.

I have looked in the forum and found one reference to this, however without a solution.

I am using AutoIt version 3.3.0.0 downloaded from the website two days ago.

Any help would be appreciated.

Decompile support was removed after 3.2.5.1 to help people protect their code. The Exe2Aut.exe files are for earlier versions only.

If you do a forum search for "Decompile", you will discover that pretty well all threads along this line have been locked.

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"

The autoit installation includes a decompiler program, but that does not work and has not worked for a while. The reason is that if someone on the forum posts an exe, they obviously don't want to release their source code. If the decompiler worked, that would defeat the purpose. If this is someone else's script, I would highly suggest stopping, because it is immoral and could get you into trouble with the creator. If it is your script, don't ever delete the source code. Unless you use the script often, there is no reason to keep an exe. Just keep the source in a folder with the rest of your source codes.

Edit: GeoSoft got there just as I was posting.

Edited by dantay9