Based on the Outlook UDF written by wooltown, we (wooltown and I) decided to extend the functionality of the Outlook UDF.
As the OutlookEX UDF ("EX" like "extended") has a completely different approach compared to the Outlook UDF it's a complete rewrite.
We would like to discuss the design of the UDF with the community. Every feedback, function request etc. is highly welcome.
As soon as the discussion shows that we are on the right track we would like to release an alpha version for everyone to test.
So please don't be shy and post what you think of this UDF or what functions you need!
- Every item in Outlook is uniquely identified by EntryID and StoreID. The default StoreID is your inbox
- Every item has properties to describe the item (subject, startdate ..) and methods to act upon the item (move, delete …)
- The search and action functions are now separated. As an example the user first searches for the items to be deleted and then calls the delete function
- If a method can be used for more than one item type (e.g. mail, calendar and notes) the function is called _OL_ItemXXX else the function is called _OL_CalendarXXX
- The number of properties you can get or pass to most functions is not limited by the number of parameters defined for the function.
Properties can be passed as parameters (up to 10) or in an unlimited array as parameter 1
- The UDF allows to access all kind of folders (see the following listing). Folders can be passed by name or as an object to a function
- A lot of testing is still needed as we have written and tested the functions using Outlook 2002 SP3 and Outlook 2010
"wrapper" or "shortcut" functions will be available to let you do all tasks in one go e.g. _OL_Wrapper_SendMail for all functions above.
The documentation for this UDF (aside from the docu in the UDF itself) will be placed in the AutoIt Wiki.
So we can easily modify the docu without releasing a new version each time.
There will be pages describing the UDF in general and pages for individual item types (like mail) with
detailed information and a lot of tips & tricks.
Starting point: http://www.autoitscript.com/wiki/OutlookEX_UDF_-_General
2014-07-27: Version 184.108.40.206
As always: Please test before using in production!
KNOWN BUGS (last changed 2014-09-30)
- _OL_ItemRecipientAdd: When passing the recipient(s) as objects parameter $iType is ignored. This way you can't set CC or BCC recipients.
Thanks to NewProgger from the german forum for pointing me to this bug.
OutlookEX 220.127.116.11.zip 350.88KB 1202 downloads
History.txt 21.77KB 195 downloads
Edited by water, 30 September 2014 - 07:28 AM.