This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more here. X
X

Photo

Notify - New version 30 Jan 13

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#61 MKANET

MKANET

Wayfarer

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:00 PM

Thank you Melba23,

The below works, however, I'm not too sure if this is the most straight-forward to display the message for 2 seconds and fade in and out...

_Notify_Set(2, 0xFF9C18, 0x000073, "Arial Rounded MT Bold", False, Default) $hNot_2 = _Notify_Show(48, "Title of Message", "This is the message.", 0, 0, -1000, -1000) Sleep (2000) _Notify_Hide($hNot_2)

PS: How do I get rid of the white border around the notify window?

MKANET,

The beta version in this post already has a fade in/out option. You cannot get better service than that! ;)

M23

Edited by MKANET, 16 June 2012 - 07:10 PM.

#62 Melba23

Melba23

I'm old - what's your excuse?

• Moderators
  • 19,889 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:04 PM

BrewManNH,

Interesting - I can see no reason why this should happen as the UDF creates a GUI which should become the default for the font/colour/style settings. ;)

Could you replace your GUISwitch patch with this change to the label code and see if it makes any difference? All it does is define the UDF label ControlID for the settings rather than using the -1 shortcut - perhaps this will prevent your script from picking up the UDF settings: :)
AutoIt         
; Create labels     Local $cLabel     If $sTitle Then         ; Title         $cLabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel($sTitle, 4 + $iIcon_Reduction, 0, $iLabel_Width, $iLabel_Height)         GUICtrlSetFont($cLabel, 9, 800, 0, $aNotify_Settings[1][3])         GUICtrlSetBkColor($cLabel, $aNotify_Settings[1][2])         GUICtrlSetColor($cLabel, $aNotify_Settings[1][1])         GUICtrlSetStyle($cLabel, $aNotify_Settings[1][0])         ; Message         $cLabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel($sMessage, 4 + $iIcon_Reduction, 20, $iLabel_Width, $iLabel_Height)         GUICtrlSetFont($cLabel, 9, 400, 0, $aNotify_Settings[1][3])         GUICtrlSetBkColor($cLabel, $aNotify_Settings[1][2])         GUICtrlSetColor($cLabel, $aNotify_Settings[1][1])         GUICtrlSetStyle($cLabel, $aNotify_Settings[1][0])     Else         ; Message         $cLabel = GUICtrlCreateLabel($sMessage, 4 + $iIcon_Reduction, $iLabel_Y, $iLabel_Width, 40 - $iLabel_Y)         GUICtrlSetFont($cLabel, 9, 400, 0, $aNotify_Settings[1][3])         GUICtrlSetBkColor($cLabel, $aNotify_Settings[1][2])         GUICtrlSetColor($cLabel, $aNotify_Settings[1][1])         GUICtrlSetStyle($cLabel, $aNotify_Settings[1][0])     EndIf

M23
StringSize - Automatically size controls to fit text                                                               ExtMsgBox - A user customisable replacement for MsgBox
Toast - Small GUIs which pop out of the Systray                                                                Marquee - Scrolling tickertape GUIs
Scrollbars - Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command                                   GUIFrame - Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIExtender - Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI                                      NoFocusLines - Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
ChooseFileFolder - Single and multiple selections from specified path tree structure      Notify - Small notifications on the edge of the display
Date_Time_Convert - Easily convert date/time formats, including the language               GUIListViewEx - Insert, delete, move, drag, sort and edit ListView items

#63 Melba23

Melba23

• Moderators
  • 19,889 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:56 PM

MKANET,

Apologies - as we posted at about the same time yesterday I missed your post above. :)

The code looks fine - why would you expect me to offer a better way than that? ;)

If you want to remove the border, you will have play with the GUICreate line in the UDF to get a borderless GUI. I would suggest removing the $WS_EX_STATICEDGE extended style as starting point. :)

M23
StringSize - Automatically size controls to fit text                                                               ExtMsgBox - A user customisable replacement for MsgBox
Toast - Small GUIs which pop out of the Systray                                                                Marquee - Scrolling tickertape GUIs
Scrollbars - Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command                                   GUIFrame - Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIExtender - Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI                                      NoFocusLines - Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
ChooseFileFolder - Single and multiple selections from specified path tree structure      Notify - Small notifications on the edge of the display
Date_Time_Convert - Easily convert date/time formats, including the language               GUIListViewEx - Insert, delete, move, drag, sort and edit ListView items

#64 MKANET

MKANET

Wayfarer

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:24 AM

Hi M23, thanks so much for replying. I'm still gaining confidence in my own coding; as, I'm still very new to autoit. I'm glad that I'm on the right track. It looks like removing the white border is still a bit above my skill level and experience to do at this time. I was able to manipulate the border; but not quite enough to remove completely.

BTW, I have one suggestion for you to consider for next version.. rounded corners...

#65 Melba23

Melba23

• Moderators
  • 19,889 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:42 AM

MKANET,

I have one suggestion for you to consider for next version.. rounded corners

Not a chance. :)

But there are plenty of threads on the forum about how you can do it yourself. ;)

M23

Edited by Melba23, 17 June 2012 - 09:43 AM.
Fixed emoticons

#66 MKANET

MKANET

Wayfarer

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:48 PM

Edit: Please disregard my last post. It was user error.

Edited by MKANET, 19 June 2012 - 02:44 PM.

#67 Melba23

Melba23

• Moderators
  • 19,889 posts

Posted 19 June 2012 - 07:38 PM

MKANET,

Just as well I went to play golf today (a level round as well ;)) and decided to look at your problem tonight! :)

M23

#68 Melba23

Melba23

• Moderators
  • 19,889 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

[New Version] - 30 Jan 13

Ooops! I just realised I never released the beta that was posted last spring! So here it is:

New: Notifications can now:

- Stay almost hidden in the border until you click them on them to display.
- Fade in/out as well as slide - either mode can be set as default or on an individual basis.
- Appear/disappear at user-defined speeds - again these can can be set as default or on an individual basis.

Thanks to z0iid for the suggestions. :thumbsup:

Fixed: A couple of bugs - thanks BrewManNH. ;)

New files and zip in first post. :)

M23

#69 careca

careca

Universalist

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:39 PM

Hi, Notify does what i need, but i would like to do some changes, the thing is that i want to use it with an image, and i can do that, but it has 32px and i want to increase it to 48 or 64, but if i do that, the messa overlaps the image, and it gets a bit weird, how can i increase the image size proportionaly without messing up the message?

FinishedTaskShutdown - List windows, choose the one that uppon close will trigger shutdown.CheckBoxesInstall - A gui with checkboxes and a button to run the checked boxesResolutionTrayTip - Click an image and see it's resolution in the tray tip Time4Shutdown - Set the time to shutdown and let the countdown start!FirefoxBackupRestore - Backup and/or Restore Firefox ProfileWallpaperDir - Open directory where current wallpaper is FolderIconchanger - Change windows folder iconsVolumeEditor - Assign a Label/Letter to a volumeOhm'sLawCalculator - Calculates ohms, volts, amps & watts.BeatsPlayer - Music playerClipReg - Jump to registry

"Give a man a fish and he can eat for a day, teach him to catch a fish and he will clear the waters of them until they are all gone."

#70 Melba23

Melba23

• Moderators
  • 19,889 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 10:45 AM

careca,

The notifications are only 2 lines deep as they are designed to be used for small announcements - having a larger image would defeat the whole object of the UDF.  So I am not prepared to increase the image size displayed within them - sorry. :(

M23

#71 careca

careca

Universalist

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 12:44 PM

Ok, i guess i can live with it, until something bigger comes up, now i had to find a way to make them appear everytime, because it seems that sometimes it skips some notifications, i was thinking maybe delete a present notify, before displaying another.

FinishedTaskShutdown - List windows, choose the one that uppon close will trigger shutdown.CheckBoxesInstall - A gui with checkboxes and a button to run the checked boxesResolutionTrayTip - Click an image and see it's resolution in the tray tip Time4Shutdown - Set the time to shutdown and let the countdown start!FirefoxBackupRestore - Backup and/or Restore Firefox ProfileWallpaperDir - Open directory where current wallpaper is FolderIconchanger - Change windows folder iconsVolumeEditor - Assign a Label/Letter to a volumeOhm'sLawCalculator - Calculates ohms, volts, amps & watts.BeatsPlayer - Music playerClipReg - Jump to registry

"Give a man a fish and he can eat for a day, teach him to catch a fish and he will clear the waters of them until they are all gone."

#72 Melba23

Melba23

• Moderators
  • 19,889 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 01:15 PM

careca,

You can only display as many notifications as there is space to display them - could you be running up against that limit? :huh:

And try adding some errorchecking code to see if you can indentify why the missing notifications did not appear. All you need is explained in the function header: ;)

;Failure: Returns -1 and sets @error as follows: ;                          1 = Maximum number of notification that can be displayed ;                          2 = Icon parameter invalid ;                          3 = Other parameter invalid (@extended 1=$iDelay, 2=$iClick, 3=$iShow, 4=$iHide) ;                          4 = StringSize error ;                          5 = Title/text will not fit in widest message (@extended = 0/1 = Title/Text) ;                          6 = Notification GUI creation failed

M23

#73 Ivo

Ivo

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 08:24 AM

Hi,

very cool, I really like it and can use it for one of my future projects

Keep up the good work.

BR.

Ivo

Ivo

#74 ManoBro

ManoBro

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:10 AM

Thank you very much Melba23 it's great  :D

#75 TheSaint

TheSaint

*** Knight Templar ***

• MVPs
  • 5,170 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:26 AM

@Melba23 - If I haven't thanked you already or even if I have, Thanks!

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth! Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies. If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment. If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it. I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination. I may have the Artistic Liesense to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox

#76 ViRnik

ViRnik

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:14 AM

Thanks man, I love it.

#77 AntiFros

AntiFros

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:44 PM

I found this script very useful but I need one more improvement. I want to be notified while Im playing games. I tested it and it wont pop up in the game. Other programs such as skype pop ups their info boxes and I can see them while Im playing Battlefield 3 and it wont crash that game or something.

#78 Melba23

Melba23

• Moderators
  • 19,889 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 06:46 PM

AntiFros,

I need one more improvement. I want to be notified while Im playing games

I am not interested in adding that functionality - especially when asked in such a manner. ;)

M23

#79 AntiFros

AntiFros

Seeker

• Active Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 07:56 PM

English for me is third language so sorry if I say something wrong. All my freetime I spend developing and creating game mods such as mods for battlefield 2 or Counter Strike. For long time I searched for method which would show me what happens in my script (script gather information from website and notifies me the news) without crashing the game interface (msgbox do that). Notify is perfect but it wont work like I want. Anyway thanks for this great script.

#80 Melba23

Melba23

• Moderators
  • 19,889 posts

Posted 16 March 2014 - 08:27 PM

AntiFros,

And as I understand from your last post that you want this new UDF functionality to announce how your game-bot is progressing, then the answer is most definitely "NO". And if you have not done so already, I suggest you read the Forum rules in pretty short order. :naughty:

M23

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users