AutoIt3Wrapper can not run Obfuscator if the SciTE.exe does not exists.

dv8

Agree and that is one of the modifications in the latest versions of AutoIt3Wrapper to allow portability and running it from any directory or drive without the need to update the registry or config files.

I ran into one issue with SciTE, not an AutoIt3 issue, when using it from a USB drive. If you don't have the environment variable "SciTE_HOME" set to where you have the SciTE program running from, in my case it's set to the directory the program I use to start SciTE and set the variable, SciTE defaults to looking for the "SciTEGlobal.properties" in the folder that SciTE is running from, but the "SciTEUser.properties" file is automatically assumed to be found in the current user's user profile directory on Win7 it's "C:User<username>" and doesn't read the one in the SciTE folder. The SciTEConfig program that comes with the full editor always defaults to the user profile folder and ignores the "SciTE_HOME" environment variable.

That was what I was attempting to avoid by using guinness' Portable AutoIt a while ago. Like I said, this is by design in SciTE, so all that is really needed now is a batch file to set the environment variable that keeps running until SciTE is closed, the environment variable set by a batch file only lives as long as the batch file runs.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

• Developers

True that the SciTEConfig isn't looking at these and that is something to look at for me. :)

On Windows, the global properties file is located in the directory of the executable. The user properties file is looked for in the user profile directory as set in the USERPROFILE environment variable, or in the directory of the executable if USERPROFILE is not set. For GTK+ the user properties file is found in the user's home directory and the global properties in a directory set at build time - normally /usr/share/scite. If the "SciTE_HOME" environment variable is set on either Windows or GTK+ then it is where both the global and user properties files are found.

Just for my interest: Why do you set this SciTE_HOME variable for the portable version?

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

I set the env. variable so that Scite looks for the user.properties file in it's folder rather than the User profile on the computer. Because of the way that Scite looks for it's files it's the only way for it to be able to find the portable SciteUser.properties file on the thumb drive, and that's because on every computer I've used the USERPROFILE environment variable has been set, and it looks like Scite looks at them in order

1) SciTE_Home variable

2) UserProfile variable

3) Folder that Scite is run from if 1 or 2 isn't set.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Guys I just wanted to let you know that the Donation page and button are currently nowhere to be seen on the site through the available links (except on the "AutoIt Tools: Logoff Screensaver" page). I had to do a search for "donation" in order to find the donation page. You may want to fix that, because it may lower the number of donations for you...

There's also a button on the front-page of the forum (Help the website!).

I too did some testing the same as BrewManNH and the only way I've found is setting the SciTE_Home environment variable and then executing SciTE, though the script doesn't have to continue running once SciTE is loaded.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

• Developers

SciTEConfig is changed to take the SCITE_HOME environment variable into account like SciTE does.

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I just tested my portable SciTEConfig with a computer that has AutoIt3 installed on it. It correctly reads the properties file from the thumb drive, but when I clicked "Save+Apply" it saved the settings into the user profile version of the properties file instead of the file it read it from. It seems it respects the variable on read, but not write.

• Developers

Strange, this is not what I see during testing.

How are you setting the Scite_home environment variable?

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I set it using guiness' portable autoit application, the application sets the variable and starts SciTE. I tested to make sure that the variable is valid by running this line ConsoleWrite(EnvGet("scite_home") & @LF) in Scite and I can see that it's set right, but SciteConfig is still trying to save to the C:Usersusername folder.

• Developers

I am only setting the $userdir variable in SciTEconfig one time so it should be either right or wrong.

Much of the information is retrieved by using the SciTE director interface so maybe the environment isn't the same when SciTEConfig is shelled.

Try setting it in your Window system setting to see if that works for you.

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.