CompileIt - an experimental AutoIt-to-machine code compiler 0.0.1

(1 review)

scintilla4evr

2 Screenshots

About This File

This is an experimental AutoIt-to-machine code compiler, written in AutoIt, JavaScript and C.

Make sure you have GCC installed and configured within CompileIt before using.

• Like 2

User Feedback

You may only provide a review once you have downloaded the file.

Skysnake

I have access to the Code::Blocks GCC compiler.

In order to get this to work, I did the following:

• Create a local folder with all the includes required, the supplied .au3 sample files for the project, as well as the supplied includes;
  • Create a new project (.cbp) and added all these files (select *);
  • Hit Build!

The output file should be created as expected.  :) 

The challenge here is not compiling AutoIt to machine code, but in developing the compiler friendly parts of AutoIt at a pace that matches user needs.  By proving that AutoIt can be compiled like this, even if it first has to be transliterated into a lower level language, such as C in this case, the door is open for full function compiled AutoIt executables - in machine code.

This also places AutoIt in a position where it can produce compiled scripts, much the same way Lua does.

At this time the achievement is getting the idea to work in practice.  Even baby steps will change the way AutoIt can be used in the future.

Watch this space. :)

Skysnake

Share this review

Link to review
  • Similar Content

• argumentum
      By argumentum
      AutoIt Machine Code Algorithm Collection
      By Ward, November 11, 2010 in AutoIt Example Scripts 
      Posted November 11, 2010 (edited) I have already published a lot of AutoIt UDF about algorithm, but all of them only support 32 bits or so called X86 system. Recently I got a computer with Windows 7 64 bits, so I finally added X64 support to most of my old projects. Besides, I also added some new. For example, some compression algorithm and SHA3 Candidates.
      Following are the algorithms list:
      Checksum   CRC16   CRC32   ADLER32 Compression   FastLZ   LZF   LZMA   LZMAT   MiniLZO   QuickLZ Encode   Base64   ARC4   XXTEA   DES   AES Hash   Checksums (CRC16/CRC32/ADLER32)   MD2   MD4   MD5   SHA1   SHA2 (SHA224/256/384/512)   SHA3 Candidates     BLAKE     BMW (Blue Midnight Wish)     CUBEHASH     ECHO     SHABAL     SKEIN Some points to mention:
      All of the subroutines have one or more examples to demonstrate the usage. Since the function and usage of subroutine are easy to understand. A complete subroutines and parameters list are unavailability now. Sorry for my lazy. All of the subroutines here invoked by Lazycat's method (through CallWindowProc API). My MemoryDLL UDF is not necessary this time. Although MemoryFuncCall (part of MemoryDLL) is still good, but inevitably, it is slower than CallWindowProc. Some subroutines have the same name with my old machine code version UDF. But for some reason, I rearrange the position of the parameters. Please not mix up. If you notice, yes, checksums are duplicated. But they receive different parameters. One is the old style, and another use the same interface as other hashes. Choose what you like, but don't use them in the same time. Some algorithm already supported by the standard UDF "Encryption.au3". But I still provide them, because some system lack of the full support of Windows Crypt Library. If you are looking for only one hash algorithm, for example, used in encryption, I suggested "SHABAL_TINY.au3". Although it is a bit slower then SHABAL, but it is smaller, and it supports different size of output (from 32 to 512 bits).
    • Dreamfire
      By Dreamfire
      Hi,
      Since today, exe's are being flagged as having a trojan by Windows Defender (Fuery.B!cl)
      Version:  3.3.14.3 - SciTE Version 3.7.3

• Earthshine
      By Earthshine
      So, I made this console app--using TreeWalkers of course to walk the UI Tree-- that starts at the root and looks for enabled, active controls--and in piping that to a file, I got this (edited, lots of controls in that list), above. LOL, so, those commands that are stored in memory are control elements! Sweet. this UIAutomation stuff is awesome. @junkew got me into this, blame his IUIAutomation kit. So there is this OLD vb OCX that is super ornery, but his kit can manipulate it, even if it is just SendKeys, So I must build a C# wrapper of my own... LOL this stuff is so cool. I have tried TestStack.White and MANY other wrappers, they seriously suck, no support either.
      I used canned Microsoft example code too for the most part. This is an extreme for me though, our modern stuff I can test easily enough, but I want my own kit to use to discover and poke around with. I like to use the IUIAutomation tool as a sanity check too, it's very useful.

• scintilla4evr
      By scintilla4evr
      Okay, this is exciting.
      I'm proud to introduce CompileIt - an experimental compiler, that allows to compile AutoIt to machine code.
      ...Kind of. CompileIt does compilation in a similar way the Glasgow Haskell compiler does: translates the code into a lower-level language (in CompileIt's case it's C), and then compiles the code in that language.
      Now, this project is still in its infancy, since, although it is simple to use, AutoIt is incredibly complex on the inside (automation, COM, etc.). So, CompileIt can compile only a very small subset of what we know as AutoIt.
      Here's a list of things CompileIt (partially) supports (or not):
      Numbers, booleans, strings Some built-in functions If, For and While statements Exporting DLL functions (you can now write DLL's in AutoIt, guys!) No arrays, automation, GUI or COM. A more detailed list is included with CompileIt.
      CompileIt is written in AutoIt (the compiler interface), JavaScript (parser, executed with ChakraCore), and of course C.
      GCC is required to compile scripts. After you extract the files, run CompileIt.exe and configure it to work with GCC.