Yahtzee

dantay9

I saw Xenobiologist and theguy0000 made some very functional yahtzee games, but I was very disappointed with their graphics (probably because these were made a while ago). I was going to just remake the gui and combine the best qualities of each script, but I got so far into it that there is absolutely no resemblance. I got many of the pictures as screenshots from a yahtzee game for pocket pc's. This is not nearly done, but I thought I would post it and see what you guys think.

The images don't always work, that will be fixed in later versions. I also have not completed the help file. I will include the rules, strategies, and contributors. Don't worry, if I used your code, you will be acknowledged in the help file. Here is the todo list:

-- GUIGetMsg will replace GUIGetCursorInfo (for speed)

-- Installation will have the options for source code, images, or images compiled into a dll.

-- Inverting the selection of the dice (selected dice are rolled, not held)

-- Better sounds. (If you have a good sound, post a link to the sound)

-- Universal font or using font without installing it

-- Clearer pictures

-- My own Installer (right now, I use InstallCreator so features are limited) No longer needed

-- Update script that allows you to keep your current high scores and settings.

-- Smoother new user menu

-- Low Score doesn't work

-- Every so often some of the dice and the roll button disappear

I probably won't make an installer or a completed help file until the game is fully functional. If I forgot you in the partial help file, notify me and you will be included.

This won't get done in the next version, but eventually, this will make a great game. I am open to any suggestions that will make the game better.

The updater layout came from here. The zip function came from here. Compile the script and put it in the same directory as Yahtzee!.exe. The picture probably won't appear until after the first update. This updater can also be used as an installer.

Full Download Available Here.

Download available here.

3/31/10: Currently under revision to iron out flaws

Edit: Updated download link. The updater no longer works.

Edited by dantay9

Hi, thank you for sharing your efforts it's looking good >_<

With a bit more polishing it'll look quite professional.

Keep up the good work.

Suggestions:

Not sure but I think you can use a font without installing it on a pc.

If so then maybe use the font without installing it on the system.

With your installer you might want to add a shortcut to the yahtzee game itself.

I noticed once installed I only had a shortcut to the uninstaller in my start menu programs.

(Tried it on a winXP SP3 x86 pc)

With your graphics maybe make them the size that the gui/control will be.

This way the images stay nice and sharp and crisp when set to a control.

As it is the some of the images get stretched to fit the gui/controls so they lose the crispness.

Speed up the control clicks.

Controls seem a little slow to respond when clicked.

Since your including the source (which I really appreciate thank you) maybe include all functions/includes like Icon.au3, _SetImage, _PointInEllipse, _GuiRoundCorners .... etc

If just makes so others can compile the source without wondering what they've missed.

Myself I know the functions, it might save ppl having to search the forum for them.

(sorry if I missed them, but I didn't really see them in the source)

Cheers

Thank you for the detailed analysis smashly. I am working on the speed. The reason some of the buttons are slow to react is that they aren't buttons at all. They are part of the background. I just use the GUIGetCursorInfo in place of GuiGetMsg. Since this was the very first version, I was just hopinig it would work. Now I can polish it up and make it look better. I am planning on providing the source in separate files such as it is now, but also have a combined version that can be run as a standalone. It would be much easier to deal with.

Edited by dantay9

Updated!

Fixed the lag for the buttons on the new user screen.

Loaded all the guis at the beginning of the script.

Changed all guigetcursorinfo calls to guigetmsg by using pictures as buttons instead of coordinates. which increased speed.

I think Arial Black is a universal font, so I changed the default font to that.

The buttons are now clearer.

Merged the scripts together to make a single script for the game.

Moved todo list to first post.

It took a while to merge the scripts together, so if something doesn't work correctly, I probably forgot something.

Edited by dantay9

Hi,

after setting the points to whatever, you can automatically start the next roll. This makes the game a bit faster.

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

I don't know Yahtzee! but it looks nice!

Thanks for sharing!

UEZ

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

It says the ZIP folder got some Errors in opening..My system possess 6 GB Ram/500GB HD/Core Duo..(Home Based Vista) Premium simply..

NOD 32 Ver.4 as my AnitVirus..It shows some Errors..Is there any way to open it or obtain it..There is no way i got error in my PC..

Because i always take it to maintainance 2 time per 3 MONTH..So, mine PC is clear.

Everyone of you say that the game is good but i also want to play that game can u help me open the Game.?!*

Its a reQuest from me. :D:(

>_< :(

I have ESET Smart Security 4 and I don't have any problems (but I do have Windows XP). Are you having trouble opening the zip files generally? Is your antivirus saying there is a virus inside the zip folder? Try disabling your antivirus long enough to download the zip file and unzip the contents. Then turn your antivirus back on. See if you can run the program then. If not, it should be much easier to find the exact file causing the virus alarm to be tripped.

Edited by dantay9

Added updater to first post and low score works now.

I have noticed that every so often, some of the dice will disappear. Sometimes the roll button will also disappear. Is anyone else experiencing this or know how to fix it?

Edited by dantay9

OK, posted the executables for download and the source on the forum.

Recoded the updater so that if needed, the updater could also be reinstalled or I could even update the updater.

Added the option to select the dice to roll instead of the dice to hold.

Edited by dantay9