Detect if a file is a file that it says it is

Champak

Is there a way to see if a file is the type of file it claims to be? Ex. when you try to play an mp3 file in wmp or some other media players, if it isn't really an mp3 file it will tell you that it isn't. Is it possible to detect if something is an mp3 file with autoit without looking at the extension?

Maybe this could be a good place to start collecting information: "... Forensic applications need to identify file types by content"

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Thanks for letting me know that. If that is the case, then it wouldn't work anyway. What I was trying to do is detect "corrupted" mp3 files. I figured that for whatever reason a corrupted mp3 wouldn't show up as an mp3 file....since media players are crapping out or telling me that the files are not mp3s. The ID3 is there regardless of if the file is "corrupted" or not. So I guess I have to figure a different way to do this.