Active Directory UDF - Help & Support

water

I think it's because the labels for that date field say: "Account Expires" and "End of:" which says to me, that if you set the expiration date to 7-31 it will expire at the end of 7-30. I found this link that explains the "AccountExpirationDate" information a lot clearer than I ever knew.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

Freaky, I just found that same link a few minutes ago.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

That's the link I am referring to in function _AD_SetAccountExpire (check the help file). This web site is a very good resource regarding AD.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I have added a remark to function _AD_SetAccountExpire (actually I cited R.L.Mueller) to explain what's going on.

I modified function _AD_GetAllOUs. You can now select what you want to be returned. OUs (default), CNs or both. This modification will be part of the next version.

For you to test now:

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

back to the _ADMoveObject issue.....

do you think the problem may be relate to the need for a path with spaces to be enclosed in quotes??

putting quotes in a string can be a bit tricky

example from something else i was working on:

$moveString =" /c dsmove """ & $sObject & """ -newparent """ & $mirrorContainer & """"

anyone got any ideas for settingn the Terminal Services Profile information in AD using AutoIt? i have been racking my brain for months on this one.

I think you can set these attributes using _AD_ModifyAttribute. A list of attributes can be found here (they all start with ms-ts).

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

do you think the problem may be relate to the need for a path with spaces to be enclosed in quotes??

Don't think so. It's quite common to have a space in the CN of a user (Firstname Lastname).

I think it is related to the comma and the required escape character. Maybe a function evaluates the FQDN and removes the escape character. Then the move crashes.

If you like to test could you please insert the MsgBox statement in front of the call to the move method:

MsgBox(0,"", $sAD_Object & @CRLF & $sAD_CN)
    $oAD_OU.MoveHere("LDAP://" & $sAD_HostServer & "/" & $sAD_Object, $sAD_CN)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

OK, then it's easy.

Replace line

$sAD_CN = "CN=" & _AD_GetObjectAttribute($sAD_Object, "cn")
in function _AD_MoveObject with line
$sAD_CN = "CN=" & _AD_FixSpecialChars(_AD_GetObjectAttribute($sAD_Object, "cn"))
Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Strange. The MsgBox should display two lines of data. I'm interested in the second one. It should be now "CN=LastName, FirstName X - TestUser".

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

This is quite strange ;)

I will come up with a reproducer script tomorrow.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

So the solution I posted did solve the problem? If yes, I will change the function for the next release accordingly.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Glad we could solve the problem ;)

The solution will be part of the next version of the UDF!

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

the _AD_GetObjectProperties() dont show Terminal Services properties. it will show just about everything else i need but not the Terminal Service Info.

$aProperties = _AD_GetObjectProperties($testuser)

_ArrayDisplay($aProperties, "Active Directory Functions Properties for user '" & $testUser & "'")

maybe i just dont understand how Terminal Services propeties are stored. maybe it is not part of the normal AD Properties.

if i could get/add/modify Terminal Services paths using the AD UDF it would be happy, happy, happy.

Unfortunately the Terminal Service info is stored as a binary large object (blob) in property "userParameters". Please check this link.

To access this info you need to acces the "msts*" properties as listed here. Use the Ldap-Display-Name format (msTSProfilePath) not the CN format (ms-TS-Profile-Path).

Looks like your AD server must be >= Windows 2008.

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki