Any "Real world" tutorials?

I'm finding it hard to get to grips with autoit, I cant get into all these tutorials on making a gui appear and guessing a number or playing a sound etc. I cant find any "real world" tutorials that lead to an end result that would be useful. I mean something like take a bunch of pics in folder A, resize them with (eg) irfanview, put them in folder B.

I dont mean to cause offence to anyone I can see that some abstract tutorials can be useful at first but does anyone know of any tutorials with more practicle and useful results that people can relate too?

The Wiki is a good place to start too.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Please go to the tutorial page and check the tutorials there especially AutoIt 1-2-3.

If this isn't enough then I would browse through the example section of the forum.

Do you have a problem in mind you'd like to solve?

Most users learn AutoIt by reading the FAQ, tutorials and then start to program. If questions arise then you can:

• look into the help file
  • search the forum
  • ask a question on the forum

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I have been on the forums now for quite awhile and have never coded before so learning on limited time is definately not the easiest thing to do but I would recommend starting out with basic small tasks and grow from there. The people in the forums are an extreme wealth of information and will almost always be able and willing to help in your projects. The best recommendation I could give would be to 'try' the scrtipt whatever it is you are looking to do and paste your code into the forums when you get stuck.

-BillWill

I started learning AutoIt because I already had something to do in mind and I found that AutoIt has the capabilities to address my problem. Most times, I learn stuff on the way as I go about solving my problem. Tutorials aren't much use for me other than for reference when applicable.

So, I guess my recommendation would be along the lines of: think of something that would be useful for you or cool to have that AutoIt can make, then go about making it. You'll learn more things, that will stick better, that way.

Edited by omikron48