seangriffin

FileSystemMonitor UDF

On 1/7/2019 at 4:37 PM, argumentum said:

Hi :)
What you are been asked is your code, as anyone can get the UDF.  So cough up your script.

Sorry, English isn't my native language, so I don't know what you mean with "So cough up your script".

When you read my posts starting from ...

...I am not sure how to get a running UDF file, because to downloadable UDF file is not running, as far as I can evaluate this. It seems to me, that the Windows 10 API has changed which must be adjusted within the UDF, which wasn't possible to me and which is the reason why I am started writing posts here --> To get informed if there is an updated and working UDF file or to get help with the adjusting of the UDF.

My problem is, that I don't have any experience with the DllStruct... calls / function of AutoIt, as i wrote in previous posts...

So, back to starting post of me:

Is there a UDF version available which works on current windows 10 systems with current AutoIt version 3.3.14.5?

3 hours ago, Taneeda said:

so I don't know what you mean with "So cough up your script".

Meaning: Post your script :)

you could use _WinAPI_FindFirstChangeNotification.htm or something from the help file. In so far, nothing has been perfect in my experience.

The attached zip file contains my current working copy...

On 1/18/2019 at 3:55 PM, argumentum said:

you could use _WinAPI_FindFirstChangeNotification.htm or something from the help file. In so far, nothing has been perfect in my experience.

...I will try to use/integrate this function, thank you very much for this hint, sounds like it could be an alternative to the UDF.

au3_scripts.zip

--- UPDATE ---

After some research and different tries, I found WinAPI_ReadDirectoryChanges(), but the usage resulted in an execution problem, which is explained in...

...and solved by...

At the moment, this nice RDC UDF solved my problems and usage of FileSystemMonitor UDF isn't necessary anymore.

Edited by Taneeda