Create users in AD along with custom folders

I am NOT, and I stress NOT, a programmer or very good scripter, but I can modify most scripts to get the desired result.

I am however at a loss on this script. I don't even know where to begin, or how to get it to the GUI stage once I do get the underlying functions working.

Any help getting started would be great, and very much appreciated.

Here's what I am looking to accomplish.

1) Ability to add users into Windows Active Directory based on templates stored in an OU, with basic information.

- home folder (connect)

- terminal services user profile

- terminal services home folder (connect)

- organization info

2) After user is created;

- create/share home folder and assign rights for the user to it

- create/share terminal services folder and assign rights to it

3) GUI front-end to manage all of this.

I'm basically asking someone to write the basics of this for me. I don't know enough to start it, but once it's there I should be able to continue on with it.

I would like to do this without having to use our current method of manually creating the user and then running VBS scripts that make and set permissions for the folders.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

For the required Active Directory functions there is a UDF (User Defined Functions) available (please see my signature) that lets you create a user and set the required properties.

I'm not sure if you'll find someone that writes all the code for you.

But did you search the forum? There are some example scripts with GUI available.

I would recommend to first write the AD and Directory functions, test them and afterwards write the GUI.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I was afraid you'd say that. :blink:

Thanks for the UDF, I'm sure it'll help.

I'll give it my best, but like I said, I'm no programmer. This could be a lifetime project for me. LOL

The part I can help most is with the AD stuff.

I would suggest to write a function that creates a user using _AD_CreateUser.

If you run into problems please post the code and the messages you get.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki