Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Skysnake

passing an Array to a function (files to mailer)

4 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

I have built an array with FileListtoArray (pretty neat, discovered this after writing all of it the long way....) - now I want to pass this Array to the mailer - function call to _INetSmtpMailCom

Problem is I do not want to call the _INetSmtpMailCom for each instance in the Array.

-> This is the question: I read somewhere (AutoIt Help/Forum?) that [paraphrase] you can pass an Array to a Function and it will repeat until all items in Array have been processed, but first item in Array must... [something] - and this is where I get stuck. Could someone please point me in the right direction? I need to see where to look, or alternate see a little piece of code that shows how I feed my FileListArray to _INetSmtpMailCom - please?

Skysnake

Edited by Skysnake

Skysnake

Why is the snake in the sky?

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

If you want to send a single mail and attach all the files in the array to this mail then this should work:

$s_AttachFiles = _ArrayToString($yourArray,";",1) ; 1 means that the array has the number of records in element 0
_INetSmtpMailCom($s_SmtpServer, $s_FromName, $s_FromAddress, $s_ToAddress, $s_Subject, $as_Body, $s_AttachFiles)

Taken from the UDF:

$AttachFiles = "" ; the file(s) you want to attach seperated with a ; (Semicolon) - leave blank if not needed
Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Thanks, I try tonight, reply on Monday. Cheers

Skysnake

The reference I mis-remembered was in the AutoIT help for Call(). Anyway I put it into a FOR/NEXT loop and have achieved what I wanted, thanks.

Skysnake

Skysnake