Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ZECK

Problems with Inpout32.dll to control parallel port

4 posts in this topic

Hi!

I made a circuit to control some relais with the parallel port, but I can't control relay correctly with autoit (it works only in batch (.BAT file))

If I write

#Include <Constants.au3>
Opt("TrayMenuMode", 1)

$DLLFileAndPath = @ScriptDir & "/inpout32.dll"; remove the @ScriptDir & leading backslash if you prefer to keep the DLL in your system directory
$PortAddress = "0x378"; the default LPT1 on most machines

HotKeySet("{ESC}", "esci")

While 1 
    DllCall($DLLFileAndPath, "int", "Out32", "int", $PortAddress, "int", "1000000") //---> I have only 7 relais (i don't know if it is correct)
WEnd

Func esci()
    DllCall($DLLFileAndPath, "int", "Out32", "int", $PortAddress, "int", "0000000")
    Exit
EndFunc

It works (It turn on the first relay), but If I try to turn on the fourth relay it turn on the first, the second and the fourth.

The same happen when i try to turn on the fifth relay and with sixth too, but the other ones works!

Thanks,

ZECK

P.S. Sorry for my English XDXDXD

post-61700-0-73501600-1291755294_thumb.j

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

You might try it this way:

$PortAddress = 0x378

DllCall($DLLFileAndPath, "int", "Out32", "short", $PortAddress, "short", 0x80)

Note that actual hex numbers are used instead of strings. For example, 0x378 vice "0x378", and to set bit 7 you want 0x80 vice "10000000". And some Googling around seemed to show those were "short" (16-bit) parameters vice "int" (32-bit).

:graduated:

Edited by PsaltyDS

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

oooh!!! thanks !!

I understand now, i tryed to put binary but it goes hex ahhahahah

thank you!

I wish you a Good Evening :graduated:

Edited by ZECK

You'll want to keep the DLL loaded while working will DLLCalls. I created a UDF based on Phillip Gibbons inpout* DLL+drivers. It includes byte, word, and dword output functions also.

See my