Portability issues running compiled exe on different Windows OS'

schuc

I just wanted to ask there are any gotchas to be aware of when running an autoit compiled script on different Windows 32bit environments..? So far, I haven't found much on the topic.

As an FYI, this script in question basically goes out to a few different sites to get the latest version of AntiVirus and AntiRootkit programs.

I am running my script on two Windows machines with the following results:

Machine A

- Win7 Ult 32bit

- Script was developed/compiled here and works perfectly

Machine B

- Win XP Home 32 bit

- Compiled exe runs and looks right visually, but doesn't download the files in the queue.

Clearly, I'm going to need to do some debugging and see where in the InetGet() process is breaking down, but I figured I would put the question out there for general comments regarding portability.

I just tested a script I had using InetGet() (x32 compiled) on different systems without a hitch.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

• 2 weeks later...

I just tested a script I had using InetGet() (x32 compiled) on different systems without a hitch.

I'm sorry to not reply earlier guinness... I saw your reply a long time ago. I took in your feedback and understood that the problem had to be with my script and worked to resolve my own issues. I so appreciate that this forum has amazing people so willing to help like yourself and I try to not bother people unless I am truly stuck and have done my own due diligence.

Best Regards....

Thanks Zedna

I appreciate your reply. I did get my original problem resolved. For reference to others, the problem was my own doing... I was trying to reference and, subsequently, save a file to a directory that did not yet exist on the NT system. I have since added measures to ensure the source and target directories exist and act accordingly if they do not. I know...pretty simple, but sometimes these simple things can get ya if you don't check for error codes and the like. It's just not realistic to check for error codes after every line so I'm still developing workable solutions in my functions to find this balance.

As always... Suggestions are welcome.

Thanks Zedna for your offer to assist. It is very much appreciated.

Best regards..

Edited by schuc