Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
koushik6685

Data Driven / Automate using Excel

5 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I'm new to AutoIt scripting. I've posted my sample code below for simple save. Now i want to automate using excel. I have marked the place as bold to where to occur. Kindly let me know how i can proceed.

Run("C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Apps\4.0\45P9YT.LOP\PXD38HAG.NEBApp...UYN_cf5bed669b633588_0002.0000_7768b931aa8711fa\AppI")

WinWaitActive("Login")

Send("John")

ControlClick("Login","","&Login")

WinWaitActive("App")

send("{RALT}")

Send("{DOWN}")

Send("{ENTER}")

WinWaitActive("App - [input]")

MouseClick("left", 237, 132, 1)

WinWaitActive("App - [input]")

Send("2024") /******** This is the place where i'm sending data. Now I want to include an excel file & from there i need to read & fetch data to the field, so that, there will be an iteration / Data Driven can be made. Kindly make suggestion of how it will be possible to do that? ********/

ControlClick("App - [input]","","Save")

Try:

_ExcelBookOpen

_ExcelReadSheetToArray

_ExcelBookClose

Your example script looks a bit cryptic. Could you please explain which program you try to automate?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

It is a windows Application, trying to automate windows forms. Need to send values from Excel to form fields, selec values from lisbox etc. ...

#5 ·  Posted (edited)

The approach with Send and Mouseclick might not work properly depending on what the user does while the script is running.

I would suggest to send data to controls and click on buttons to use Control* functions.

Edit:

Example

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki