Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Martjan

Strange behavior for @Username

4 posts in this topic

My machine is running windows 7 home premium.

My username is renamed using the config panel, user accounts, etc.

Now whem I'm trying to retrieve my username using @username, it gives me my old username!.

Any idea's/workarounds!?

Thanks!

@Username gives you the "ID of the currently logged on user". Has the ID changed (that's what you use when userid/password is requested for login)?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Also, you will notice that under the users folder in the root directory (C:), you will notice that your user's file is your old username. As I understand it, your username isn't changed, it just displays different text.

C: drive is also giving old username.

Username is changed using windows user accounts rename etc. (should do the trick)

But then, how do I retreive the new username!

PS it might have something to do with this similar situation: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-security/how-do-i-rename-the-built-in-administrator-account/50314c5c-db07-41f5-bd62-ee8f4d9a4f71