Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
willichan

Automating PowerPoint 2007

3 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

A client has a collection of around 300 .PPT files created under PowerPoint 2003, using the default screen ratio (though they have long since upgraded all their systems to 2007). These will now be used on with a new XIBO display system with a wide aspect (16:10) monitor. Since the PPT files were created for a smaller monitor, there are large, empty, eye-sore areas on the display.

They have asked me to convert all 300 files to have the proper 16:10 ratio. I know how to do this manually through the GUI, but was hoping there might be a UDF using APIs out there before I have to start going through the process with the Windows Info Tool.

--edit--

typos

Edited by willichan

you can find the PowerPoint UDF. It might at least be a good starting point.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Thanks. I am going through that one now. From the looks of it, I will probably have to do it as a gui automation.