Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
pacman1176

What tool do AutoIt developers use to document their Helpfile?

8 posts in this topic

I'm doing a senior project, and we'd really like to find out what type of software tools AutoIt uses to create their helpfile. It is the cleanest, most awesome helpfile I've probably ever read. Does anybody here know?

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

The UDF help files are created this way:

The function header files are extracted from the UDF file by a script named "BuildTemplates", a script named "Txt2htm" then creates the html help files.

I don't know how the CHM files are then created from this html files.

The formating of the html help files is controlled by CSS templates.

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

The function header files are extracted from the UDF file by a script named "BuildTemplates", a script named "Txt2htm" then creates the html help files.

This is no longer true. The function headers are out of date and will be removed at some point. The TXT files are maintained directly.

Hey, cool thanks.

#6 ·  Posted (edited)

don't know how up2date this all is but here is some source code for the tools. last updated Dec 12, 2011

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/files/beta/autoit/autoit-docs-v3.3.7.23-src.exe

Wrong folder, 7.23 is in the beta (parent folder), not beta archive. And then there is the question why you would try to link someone to a old version instead of the current.

Archive > autoit-docs-v3.3.8.0-src.exe (seventh from top)

Edited by AdmiralAlkex

I am a huge fan of doxygen, and use it in several projects.

Though from what you say you are less concerned about how the docs are generated and more concerned with their looks... Which *shouldn't* have anything to do with the generation itself. Doxygen I know allows for you to specify CSS files etc.

I think we can also compile CHM files using HTML Help Workshop. It takes HTML files for input.