Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Danyfirex

Help "FindWindow" DllCall

6 posts in this topic

Hi, today I'm following Dealing_with_Dll Tutorial. And I don't know how to put the parameters.

I don't understand what this means.

lpClassName [in, optional]

Type: LPCTSTR

The class name or a class atom created by a previous call to the RegisterClass or RegisterClassEx function. The atom must be in the low-order word of lpClassName; the high-order word must be zero.

If lpClassName points to a string, it specifies the window class name. The class name can be any name registered with RegisterClass or RegisterClassEx, or any of the predefined control-class names.

If lpClassName is NULL, it finds any window whose title matches the lpWindowName parameter.

sorry for my grammar mistakes...

This is my code:

$X = dllcall("user32.dll","HWND","FindWindow","str","str")
        msgbox(0,"",$X)

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

A few things:

• There is no function called Findwindow. You have to specify whether you want to pass ansi or unicode strings, by calling either "FindWindowA" or "FindWindowW" respectively. I am surprised that isn't covered by the tutorial. This is the same for all functions in the winapi that take string parameters (except a few that only allow one or the other), and can be told by the fact they use LPCTSTR (read as: Long Pointer to a constant TCHAR string), TCHAR being either ansi or unicode depending on what is being used. Scroll to the bottom of msdn pages and look for the row in the table saying "Unicode and ANSI names" to see these.
  • DllCall requires parameters as well as type names. Right now you are only passing the types, which makes no sense. Look at the documentation for DllCall again, and you'll see that parameters are given as DllCall("Dll", "Return Type", "Function", "Arg type 1", "Arg 1", "Arg type 2", "Arg 2", ..., "Arg type N", "Arg N")
  • DllCall returns an array, so nothing will show up in the message box. Instead, you can show the return value from the function by reading the first element of the array, or show the entire array using _ArrayDisplay. If you are using the array though, you must check for errors as the return value might now be an array at all if the function fails.
A good reference point is to look at how it has already been implemented in _WinAPI_Findwindow. This will also show you how to deal with the fact that the lpClassName parameter is not necessarily a pointer to a string. Edited by Mat

Use the AU3Info tool or _WinAPI_GetClassName($hWnd) to get the class name.

$X = DllCall("user32.dll", "HWND", "FindWindow", "str", "Shell_TrayWnd", "str", "")
MsgBox(0, "", "Out: " & $X[0] & @CRLF & "In #1: " & $X[1] & @CRLF & "In #2: " & $X[2])

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

Mat

I thought it did not matter if I put"W"or "A" as long as I use "str"or "WSTR" respectively.

thank you so much Kafu

Edited by Danyfirex

I thought it did not matter if I put"W"or "A" as long as I use "str"or "WSTR" respectively.

You are right (sort of) I hadn't realised that AutoIt automagically adds the 'A' by default. However, if you passed a wstr parameter it would still try and use the ansi version (according to the docs). You can ignore my first point above then. I've just got into the habit of always saying which one I wanted.

ok thank you Mat and Kafu

thank you for your advice.

Solved..

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• nznet
      By nznet
      Hi Guys,
      I have been trying to write the API calls to Coinigy.com in AutoitScipt. I have managed to solve most of them put are having trouble with the ones that require parameters to be passed.
      The source to the API calls can be found here:
      http://docs.coinigy.apiary.io/#reference/market-data/market-data/data-{type:history}
      Example code from this site:
      curl --include \      --request POST \      --header "Content-Type: application/json" \      --header "X-API-KEY: " \      --header "X-API-SECRET: " \      --data-binary "    {         \"exchange_code\": \"GDAX\",         \"exchange_market\": \"BTC/USD\",         \"type\": \"history\"     }" \ ' https://api.coinigy.com/api/v1/data '  
      This data one is really annoying me. I have the following so far:
      #include <Array.au3> #include <string.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #Region Coinigy Const Global $sCoinigyAPIUrl = "https://api.coinigy.com/api/v1/" #EndRegion Coinigy Const #Region keys Global Const $sCoinigyAPIKey = "" ; just removed my APIKey Global Const $sCoinigyAPISecret = "" ; just removed my APISecret #EndRegion keys $sResults = CoinigyQueryPrivate("data", "exchange_code=GDAX&exchange_market=BTC/USD&type=history") ; Trade history, asks and bids for any supported exchange/market ConsoleWrite("Market Data: " & $sResults & @CRLF & @CRLF) Func CoinigyQueryPrivate($sMethod, $sParameters)     Local $oHTTP = ObjCreate("winhttp.winhttprequest.5.1")     $oHTTP.Open("POST", $sCoinigyAPIUrl & $sMethod, False)     $oHTTP.SetRequestHeader("X-API-KEY", $sCoinigyAPIKey)     $oHTTP.SetRequestHeader("X-API-SECRET", $sCoinigyAPISecret)    ; $oHTTP.Send(Binary($sParameters)) ; tried this as well     $oHTTP.Send($sParameters)     Local $sReceived = $oHTTP.ResponseText     Return $sReceived EndFunc   ;==>CoinigyQueryPrivate  
      If I do other queries that don't require Parameters they work perfectly. I am just totally stumped by the parameter passing queries. I have tried everything and I still can't get it to go. Would really appreciate some help.
      If you want to try for yourself live, Coinigy.com give a free 30 trial.... 
      Please help...
      Thanks in advance.
    • falcontechnics
      By falcontechnics
      Dear master, hello,
      I got the speech API from Google. But I could not find how to use. Could you help me with a simple example?
      "https://speech.googleapis.com/v1/speech:recognize?key=MyKey"
    • nhardel
      By nhardel
      So I have been bashing my head in for a couple days and have searched both AutoIT forums and Thwack Forums for an answer.  I understand this could be hard to help sense I can't provide a server for someone to help me test against.  I am trying to use the WinHTTP.au3 to connect with Solarwinds Orion SDK thru REST/JSON api calls.  Here is the documentation that they provide.
      https://github.com/solarwinds/OrionSDK/wiki/REST
      I have been trying just to make a basic connection but for some reason cannot get past the authorization process with WinHTTP.  Here is my test code.
      #Region Includes #include <log4a.au3> #include "WinHttp.au3" #EndRegion Global $sAddress = "https://usandl0213:17778/SolarWinds/InformationService/v3/Json/Query?query=SELECT+NodeID+FROM+Orion.NODES" Global $array_URL = _WinHttpCrackUrl($sAddress) ;~ Row|Col 0 ;~ [0]|https ;~ [1]|2 ;~ [2]|usandl0213 ;~ [3]|17778 ;~ [4]| ;~ [5]| ;~ [6]|/SolarWinds/InformationService/v3/Json/Query ;~ [7]|?query=SELECT+NodeID+FROM+Orion.NODES Global $hOpen = _winhttpOpen() If @error Then _log4a_Fatal("Error intializing the usage of WinHTTP functions") Exit 1 EndIf Global $hConnect = _winhttpConnect($hOpen, $array_URL[2]) If @error Then _log4a_Fatal("Error specifying the initial target server of an HTTP request.") _WinHttpCloseHandle($hOpen) Exit 2 EndIf Global $hRequest = _WinHttpOpenRequest($hConnect, _ "GET", _ "/SolarWinds/InformationService/v3/Json/Query?query=SELECT+NodeID+FROM+Orion.NODES", _ "HTTP/1.1") If @error Then _log4a_Fatal(MsgBox(48, "Error", "Error creating an HTTP request handle.") _WinHttpCloseHandle($hConnect) _WinHttpCloseHandle($hOpen) Exit 3 EndIf _WinHttpAddRequestHeaders($hRequest, "Authorization: Basic YXV0b2l0X2xvZ2luOnRlc3Q=") _WinHttpAddRequestHeaders($hRequest, "User-Agent: curl/7.20.0 (i386-pc-win32) libcurl/7.20.0 OpenSSL/0.9.8l zlib/1.2.3") _WinHttpAddRequestHeaders($hRequest, "Host: usandl0213:17778") _WinHttpAddRequestHeaders($hRequest, "Accept: */*") _WinHttpSendRequest($hRequest) If @error Then MsgBox(48, "Error", "Error sending specified request.") Close_request() Exit 4 EndIf ; Wait for the response _WinHttpReceiveResponse($hRequest) If @error Then MsgBox(48, "Error", "Error waiting for the response from the server.") Close_request() Exit 5 EndIf Global $sChunk, $sData ; See what's returned If _WinHttpQueryDataAvailable($hRequest) Then Global $sHeader = _WinHttpQueryHeaders($hRequest) ;~ ConsoleWrite(@crlf) ConsoleWrite($sHeader & @CRLF) ; Read While 1 $sChunk = _WinHttpReadData($hRequest) If @error Then ExitLoop $sData &= $sChunk WEnd ConsoleWrite($sData & @CRLF) ; print to console Else MsgBox(48, "Error", "Site is experiencing problems.") EndIf Close_request() Func Close_request() ; Close open handles and exit _WinHttpCloseHandle($hRequest) _WinHttpCloseHandle($hConnect) _WinHttpCloseHandle($hOpen) EndFunc I am definitely connecting to the server but get a 401 Unauthorized response.  Output of above script:
      Header:
      HTTP/1.1 401 Unauthorized Cache-Control: private Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2017 15:31:21 GMT Content-Length: 1668 Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8 Server: Microsoft-IIS/7.5 Set-Cookie: ASP.NET_SessionId=lgwin2qsbbrip2mxg01fot05; path=/; HttpOnly Set-Cookie: TestCookieSupport=Supported; path=/ Set-Cookie: Orion_IsSessionExp=TRUE; expires=Thu, 27-Jul-2017 17:31:21 GMT; path=/ WWW-Authenticate: Negotiate WWW-Authenticate: NTLM X-UA-Compatible: IE=9 X-AspNet-Version: 4.0.30319 X-Powered-By: ASP.NET X-Same-Domain: 1 X-Content-Type-Options: nosniff X-Frame-Options: SAMEORIGIN X-XSS-Protection: 1; mode=block Body:
      <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"> <html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"> <head><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/orion/js/jquery-1.7.1/jquery-ui.css.i18n.ashx?l=en-US&v=42660.90.L&csd=%23b0b9c5;%23d2ddec;%2392add1;" /> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/orion/styles/orionminreqs.css.i18n.ashx?l=en-US&v=42660.90.L&csd=%23b0b9c5;%23d2ddec;%2392add1;" /> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/webengine/resources/steelblue.css.i18n.ashx?l=en-US&v=42660.90.L&csd=%23b0b9c5;%23d2ddec;%2392add1;" /> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/orion/ipam/res/css/sw-events.css.i18n.ashx?l=en-US&v=42660.90.L&csd=%23b0b9c5;%23d2ddec;%2392add1;" /> <script type="text/javascript" src="/orion/js/orionminreqs.js.i18n.ashx?l=en-US&v=42660.90.L"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="/orion/js/modernizr/modernizr-2.5.3.js.i18n.ashx?l=en-US&v=42660.90.L"></script> <script type="text/javascript" src="/orion/js/jquery-1.7.1/jquery-1.7.1.framework.min.js.i18n.ashx?l=en-US&v=42660.90.L"></script> <script type="text/javascript">(function(){var de=$(document.documentElement); de.addClass('sw-is-locale-en'); $.each(jQuery.browser,function(k,v){if(v===true){ de.addClass('sw-is-'+k); de.addClass('sw-is-'+k+'-'+parseInt(jQuery.browser.version)); }}); })();</script> <script type="text/javascript">SW.Core.Loader._cbLoaded('jquery');</script> <script type="text/javascript">SW.Core.Date._init(0,-14400000);</script> <title> </title></head> <body> <script> window.location = 'Login.aspx'; </script> </body> </html> To me this looks like it if it is still looking for my credentials.   I did verify that things work as expected using Chrome and REST test client.  I do get certificate errors in IE if I try to go directly.  Bypass certificate issues and page will try to save out to .json file

Looking for any help.
    • luckyluke
      By luckyluke
      Hello,
      Im trying to read the output from CMD using Dllcall, here is my code:
      #include <WinAPI.au3> #include <array.au3> Global Const $STD_OUTPUT_HANDLE = -11 Global Const $_CONSOLE_SCREEN_BUFFER_INFO = _ "struct;int dwSizeX;" & _ "short dwSizeY;" & _ "short dwCursorPositionX;" & _ "short dwCursorPositionY;" & _ "short wAttributes;" & _ "short Left;" & _ "short Top;" & _ "short Right;" & _ "short Bottom;" & _ "short dwMaximumWindowSizeX;" & _ "short dwMaximumWindowSizeY;endstruct" $pCmd = Run( "cmd.exe" ) Sleep(1000) $hCmd = WinGetHandle("") ConsoleWrite('handle:' & $hCmd & @CRLF) $aRet = DllCall("kernel32.dll", "int", "AttachConsole", "dword", $pCmd) ;_ArrayDisplay($aRet) If $aRet[0] <> 0 Then $vHandle_data='' $vHandle='' $vHandle_data = DllStructCreate($_CONSOLE_SCREEN_BUFFER_INFO) ; Screen Buffer structure $aRet1 = DllCall("kernel32.dll", "hwnd", "GetStdHandle", "dword", $STD_OUTPUT_HANDLE) if not @error Then $vHandle = $aRet1[0] $aRet = DllCall("kernel32.dll", "int", "GetConsoleScreenBufferInfo", "hwnd", $vHandle, _ "ptr", $vHandle_data) MsgBox(0, '1',DllStructGetData($vHandle_data, 'dwSizeX') & _WinAPI_GetLastErrorMessage()) EndIf It did not work, i got the message 'The handle is invalid'. Please help?
      Thank you in advance!
    • MazeM
      By MazeM
      Hi
      here's another UDF for the serial port. It is very similar to CommAPI using kernel32.dll, but all code is packed into a single file without any dependencies, not even using WinAPI.au3. It differs from existing UDF that it doesn't allow a timeout when reading, instead it always returns immediately, either with the requested amount ob bytes read or with a failure status. And of course there is a function provided to query the amount of available bytes in the receive buffer. The reason behind this design decision: You can do 1000 other things in the main loop while checking from time to time if enough data bytes arrived. There's no point to block the program waiting for the serial port.
      It is currently a work-in-progress, as I didn't test all functions yet. The code was developed and tested on Windows 7 64 bit.  The ComUDF-Tests.au3 shows some tests and basic usage of the UDF. Maybe there's no reason to use this UDF, given the existence of the others UDFs, but I did it to get to know DllCall better - I use structs no only to pass but also to get data back (I don't use the array returned by DllCall to read that data, unless required). You're welcome to test it on older and newer Windows versions.
      Here's a list of the implemented functions:
      ; _ComListPorts ; _ComOpenPort ; _ComSetTimeouts ; _ComClosePort ; ; _ComSetBreak ; _ComClearBreak ; _ComGetInputcount ; _ComGetOutputcount ; _ComClearOutputBuffer ; _ComClearInputBuffer ; ; _ComSendByte ; _ComReadByte ; _ComSendBinary ; _ComReadBinary ; ; _ComSendChar ; _ComReadChar ; _ComSendCharArray ; _ComReadCharArray ; _ComSendString ; _ComReadString ; ; __ComClearCommError ; __PurgeComm Maze

ComUDF.au3
      ComUDF-Tests.au3