SCREENSAVER CODING, NEED HELP!!

HI EVERYONE!!!

I'm new to Autoit, but i have a good basis about programming... i made a couple of scripts and i really like and enjoy this software!! ;)

Ok guys, i want to built up a screensaver, but a special one!

The main idea, is that the screensaver, while is in function is able to navigate thru website. I am building a site wich will include a dashboard, and i want include with it a screensaver, the use of the screensave came to my mind because, when a screensaver goes on, user is not working on his computer. So, my software (dashboard) has to collect and send data to my web server, and i just want that transferts will be done while the user is not working with his computer, this way, i will avoid complaints about slowering the system of my members.

I can code the web part of it, but i dont know how to built the skeletton of it. Also, i may use the command mouseclick and send, which involves the mouse and the keyboard, so, i want to be the only way getting out of the screensaver is to press "ESC" key ( a message like "press ESC to exit" will show on the scrren while screensaver is on)

can you help me or redirect me to someone that can help?

thanks a lot!!

I don't know what kind of screensaver you are looking for.

You can use e.g. GDI+ to start a simple animation after a specific timeout in full screen mode.

There are a lot of GDI+ examples here...

Br,

UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

When searching the forum you can find some examples for screensavers. One of them is

Theres's even an for screensavers.

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

what is GDI+??

i also tried the UDF but it cant load _SS_UDF.au3, i get error opening file error.

i like the stars UEZ, maybe simply introduce animated text in it, thanks water for the example ;), would simply do the job for ver 1.0 of my project...

Is it possible to enter some basic _IE function in it?

Desactivate sleeping mode (by mouse and keyboard) except for the <ESC> key??

and will it work ok in winXP/7 even if it is in screen saver mode?

GDI is described here.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Good idea UEZ, but i'd better like having as in water example a text that bounce in the screen. I would like using this text to send messages to my member. As the screensaver will count idle time, for each hour the screensaver will be on constantly (each time the member press ESC to go out of it, the counter will start again from zero at the next screensaver happening), so, in the txt message, i want to include a 1 hour live countdown... Also having like a message box bouncing will permit me to tell my members event that happened while he was away.

during the one hour countdown, the program has to do IE tasks (where do i put those instructions in the code?) - login to my site, collect infos that the dashboard need, etc... (im ok with this part of coding)

... and once the countdown is over, the screensaver has to do some extra actions... (where should i make the test and put those actions?) - place a draw entry for the next draw (to promote my site and get more members entry)

and... do autoit 3 can handle more than than one screen, in my case i have 3 attached to my system. this caused me problems for the bouncing text, as i think, autoit had bigger data than my default display