Calculate from string (variable)

I hope that tha is my final stupid question but i just cant find how to calculate sometnig from a variable

$text5= Clipget ()
$text5 = ;What is here?

in that case the variable contains something like 5+2 or other numbers and other string +/-/X/.....

is thud be simple but I can't get it trouth i made several trys and all of tham failed please help I have another way of doing the operation but it takes too long for the perpes i'm using the script

Copy this text.

Go into SciTE and run

$text = ClipGet()
msgbox(0,"",$text)

it literally copies whatever you have saved to the clipboard.

Spoiler

“Hello, ladies, look at your man, now back to me, now back at your man, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped using ladies scented body wash and switched to Old Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a boat with the man your man could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an oyster with two tickets to that thing you love. Look again, the tickets are now diamonds. Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady. I’m on a horse.”

I don't understand what you had a hard time comprehending?

Success: Returns a string containing the text on the clipboard. Failure: Sets @error to 1 if clipboard is empty to 2 if contains a non-text entry.

to 3 or 4 if cannot access the clipboard.

So you test it

msgbox(0,"",ClipGet())

The helpfile info seemed pretty cut and dry to me.

Spoiler

“Hello, ladies, look at your man, now back to me, now back at your man, now back to me. Sadly, he isn’t me, but if he stopped using ladies scented body wash and switched to Old Spice, he could smell like he’s me. Look down, back up, where are you? You’re on a boat with the man your man could smell like. What’s in your hand, back at me. I have it, it’s an oyster with two tickets to that thing you love. Look again, the tickets are now diamonds. Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady. I’m on a horse.”

yes that sends 5+2 and it shud send 7 I need it calculated....

You're going to have to separate the numbers at the operator. Look at StringSplit(). Then perform the calculation. You'll have to create an algorithm to check for which operator is in use etc.

Spoiler

ok will try

am... after the split it shud looklike ??? $text1 what here $text2 what here $text 3 What here $Anser

so the calculation shud be than?

$text1=5

$tex2 =+

$text3 = 2

if StringInStr ($text,"+") Then
Local $number1 = Stringleft ("+")
Local $number2 = StringRight ("+")
Else
if StringInStr ($text,"-") Then
  Local $number1 =StringLeft ("-")
  Local $number2 = StringRight ("-")
  ;same for others "X" eth....
EndIf
EndIf
;Get String from the $text???
;How To calculate the result???

no my skript gives error..... any ideas???

Edited by saio

If its as simple as all additions, it can look like this:

$text = ClipGet()
$asText = StringSplit($text, "+", 0)
$calcText = 0
For $i = 1 to $asText[0]
    $calcText+=$asText[$i]
Next
msgbox(0,"",$calcText)

Is there a certain pattern to the strings? Such as, is it always addition? Are the values always single digits?

Spoiler

If you are already creating a "calculation string" (i.e. 4+2, 5-3, etc.) Then you should be able to use the "execute" function to evaluate/calculate it.

If you are already creating a "calculation string" (i.e. 4+2, 5-3, etc.) Then you should be able to use the "execute" function to evaluate/calculate it.

Oh nice. That's exactly what you want.

Spoiler