Windows 7 issue

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks like an empty database file and no INI file, is the program located on a computer somewhere that has all of the support files necessary?

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

It looks like the source code (mainnewdatabase.au3) has been changed after the last compile of the source code.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

But according to the code the ini file has to be in the same directory as the script. Please copy the ini file to the script directory.

Have you already done the changes BrewManNH and I proposed?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I copied all the ini files and pasted them to the directory where the .au3 files are. But nothing comes up when I right click on a record.

I'm not sure if the files are kept anywhere else. Personally I dont think so. What other files are missing, maybe i can do a search.

The file QAHoldDatabase.exe might be the production app that is already in a folder with an a english.ini file.

Do the Windows XP and Windows 7 have the same version of Excel? I know the files could be the same format but the Excel windows titles might have changes.

In post #10 you showed the QAHoldDatabase.au3, in post #16 you attached mainnewdatabase.au3.

Which one are we talking about right now?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Yes, I tested it with another XP machine. Both XP and 7 machines have office 2010. I can right click on a record and another box opens fine, but nothing on the Windows 7 machine.

In post#10 i pasted the code that was in mainnewdatabase.au3. But it didnt paste everything so i attached the entire file in post#16.

You guys think it is a version issues? SInce it works fine in XP.

Post #10 has line

#AutoIt3Wrapper_outfile=QAHoldDatabase.exe
at the top of the script. The source you attached on post #16 is named mainnewdatabase.au3.

Usually the source and the compiled exe have the same name.

But I take your last post that we are only talking about 1 source code?

Edited by water

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Fine. Can you now add the MsgBox as I proposed in this

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

A closing bracket ")" at the lineend is missing. To run the script simply press F5 in SciTE.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

>"C:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3SciTE..autoit3.exe" /ErrorStdOut "cin-fservElkGroupsDataQualityFor JoeQuarantine DatabaseAutoIt Sourcemainnewdatabase.au3"

! SQLite.au3 Error

--> Function: _SQLite_Query

--> Query: SELECT * FROM 'Preferences' WHERE Pref = 'FDYear';

--> Error: no such table: Preferences

cin-fservElkGroupsDataQualityFor JoeQuarantine DatabaseAutoIt Sourcemainnewdatabase.au3 (106) : ==> Subscript used with non-Array variable.:

If $arResult[$arResult[0]] <> @YEAR Then

If $arResult^ ERROR

>Exit code: 1 Time: 4.078

That didnt help. I think you were correct earlier about the source code being somewhere else. I dont think we are looking at the correct source code. The exe that I'm launching is named QAHoldDatabase.exe so there should be a source code named QAHoldDatabase.au3, correct? If so, then thats the file that needs to be updated.

Am I thinking about this correctly?

Yes, I think you are correct.

Source and compiled exe usually have the same name.

I hope you can find the correct source.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki