Capture a RUN result

Hi guys,

during the last couple of days I'm struggling with StdoutRead and StderrRead. First of all the Function description isn't that clear.

For my purpose I just need StdoutRead, actually all I want to do is read the output of a command but it doesn't do it as I wish.

Basically all I'm doing is:

- Reading a excel file and put few hostname in an array.

- Ping the hostname, if it's up, then run the wmic, so I want to get the SN of that client.

- Compose a new excel with a list divided in two colums: Hostname | SN

The problem is that the output I read isn't clear at all, I managed to put the readed output in an array but then the string is a bit weird.

All I'd like is to get an array with only 2 positions occupied:

SerialNumber

XXXXXXXX

Instead I'm getting a lot of empty locations in the array (made by the spaces between the "SerialNumber" and "XXXXXXX").

$command=Run($wmic, @SystemDir, @SW_HIDE, $STDERR_CHILD + $STDOUT_CHILD)   ;Run the WMIC and capture the stream in $command
         While 1
          $line &= StdoutRead($command)   ;Captured stream is now in $line
          If @error Then ExitLoop
         Wend
         $outputcommand = StringSplit($line, @CRLF, 2)   ;Split the stream in an Array - The array increments everytime.

That's the part of the code were the output is being splitted in the array. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks ;)

Why run WMIC and grab the output? You can directly use WMI and get the results. Search the Example Scripts forum for "Scriptomatic".

This script will let you input the WMI query and generates the AutoIt code for you.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki