controlclick coordinates help

Hi, so I'm currently doing test automation within a program known as Creo Elements. I'm new to AutoIt, and so far I really enjoy working with it. However while I've found automating IE to be really accessible with auto it, I'm having a bit more difficulty automating a program like creo.

I want a solution to automating that doesn't involve mouseclick, as that doesn't scale very well...

I've already looked to this thread for help on the matter:

It seems like specifying the coordinents per each resolutions is a huge hastle, and I would rather get control click working.

But my problem with control click, is there are multiple buttons within creo that all have the same information.

The control information for the button looks as follows:

>>>> Control <<<<

Class: MenuBar

Instance: 1

ClassnameNN: MenuBar1

Name:

Advanced (Class): [CLASS:MenuBar; INSTANCE:1]

ID:

Text:

Position: 0, 0

Size: 1139, 27

ControlClick Coords: 348, 14

Style: 0x54000000

ExStyle: 0x00000000

Handle: 0x000B0116

However when I use controlclick like this: ControlClick($sAppTitle,"","[CLASS:MenuBar; INSTANCE:1]")

it doesn't click on the Tools button like I want, it instead clicks on the Resources button.

So my question is can I use the the Control click coords, so that I may specify the location of this button that I want? If so, how I would I input, that, I've tried putting them after the in a manner like:

ControlClick($sAppTitle,"","","[CLASS:MenuBar; INSTANCE:1]","left",1,348, 14)

This is the way it specifies in the help doc, but when I do that I dont get any button clicked at all.

Thank you,

Athos

Edited by Athos

Oh wow, I can't believe I missed that. Now it seems to work fine.... Thanks John ;) My only problem is that as soon as it the drop down tool menu goes away really fast, is there anyway to slow it down?

Actually, now it's doing this thing where it's clicking on the button but the menu isn't dropping down....I'm wondering whats up with that...

Edited by Athos