Progress Bar for file/folder delete.

I have an application which delete folder and files specified by the user. Everthing workes fine but problem comes when the file/folder size is bigger(morethan 1GB). The GUI hangs when deleting large file/folder size. The idea is to have a progress bar with looping statement when deletion is in progress. So that looping stops the hanging of GUI and progress bar shows users to know about the process/progress. However i am unable to figureout how to detect deleting process.

Thank you in advance.

Search 'progress marquee' or look in my signature.

UDF List:

_AdapterConnections()_AlwaysRun()_AppMon()_AppMonEx()_ArrayFilter/_ArrayReduce_BinaryBin()_CheckMsgBox()_CmdLineRaw()_ContextMenu()_ConvertLHWebColor()/_ConvertSHWebColor()_DesktopDimensions()_DisplayPassword()_DotNet_Load()/_DotNet_Unload()_Fibonacci()_FileCompare()_FileCompareContents()_FileNameByHandle()_FilePrefix/SRE()_FindInFile()_GetBackgroundColor()/_SetBackgroundColor()_GetConrolID()_GetCtrlClass()_GetDirectoryFormat()_GetDriveMediaType()_GetFilename()/_GetFilenameExt()_GetHardwareID()_GetIP()_GetIP_Country()_GetOSLanguage()_GetSavedSource()_GetStringSize()_GetSystemPaths()_GetURLImage()_GIFImage()_GoogleWeather()_GUICtrlCreateGroup()_GUICtrlListBox_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_CreateArray()_GUICtrlListView_SaveCSV()_GUICtrlListView_SaveHTML()_GUICtrlListView_SaveTxt()_GUICtrlListView_SaveXML()_GUICtrlMenu_Recent()_GUICtrlMenu_SetItemImage()_GUICtrlTreeView_CreateArray()_GUIDisable()_GUIImageList_SetIconFromHandle()_GUIRegisterMsg()_GUISetIcon()_Icon_Clear()/_Icon_Set()_IdleTime()_InetGet()_InetGetGUI()_InetGetProgress()_IPDetails()_IsFileOlder()_IsGUID()_IsHex()_IsPalindrome()_IsRegKey()_IsStringRegExp()_IsSystemDrive()_IsUPX()_IsValidType()_IsWebColor()_Language()_Log()_MicrosoftInternetConnectivity()_MSDNDataType()_PathFull/GetRelative/Split()_PathSplitEx()_PrintFromArray()_ProgressSetMarquee()_ReDim()_RockPaperScissors()/_RockPaperScissorsLizardSpock()_ScrollingCredits_SelfDelete()_SelfRename()_SelfUpdate()_SendTo()_ShellAll()_ShellFile()_ShellFolder()_SingletonHWID()_SingletonPID()_Startup()_StringCompact()_StringIsValid()_StringRegExpMetaCharacters()_StringReplaceWholeWord()_StringStripChars()_Temperature()_TrialPeriod()_UKToUSDate()/_USToUKDate()_WinAPI_Create_CTL_CODE()_WinAPI_CreateGUID()_WMIDateStringToDate()/_DateToWMIDateString()Au3 script parsingAutoIt SearchAutoIt3 PortableAutoIt3WrapperToPragmaAutoItWinGetTitle()/AutoItWinSetTitle()CodingDirToHTML5FileInstallrFileReadLastChars()GeoIP databaseGUI - Only Close ButtonGUI ExamplesGUICtrlDeleteImage()GUICtrlGetBkColor()GUICtrlGetStyle()GUIEventsGUIGetBkColor()Int_Parse() & Int_TryParse()IsISBN()LockFile()Mapping CtrlIDsOOP in AutoItParseHeadersToSciTE()PasswordValidPasteBinPosts Per DayPreExpandProtect GlobalsQueue()Resource UpdateResourcesExSciTE JumpSettings INISHELLHOOKShunting-YardSignature CreatorStack()Stopwatch()StringAddLF()/StringStripLF()StringEOLToCRLF()VSCROLLWM_COPYDATAMore Examples...

Updated: 22/04/2018

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Skeletor
      Hi All,
      I want to make my progress bar progress with the amount of File lines read. 
      How would I do this correctly. So far the code below can sometimes run in the middle of the progress bar and state completed.. and other times it can run into the 200%. 

;======================================================================== ProgressOn("TITLE", "ACTION") ;======================================================================== For $count = 1 To _FileCountLines($FileRead) Step 1 $string = FileReadLine($FileRead, $count) $value1 = $input[1] $value2 = $input[2] $value3 = $input[3] $value4 = $input[4] $TM = FileWrite("C:\temp\test.txt", $value1 & " " & $value2 & " " & $value3 & " " & $value4 & @CRLF) ProgressSet($count, $count & "%") Next ;======================================================================== ; PROGRESS BAR OFF ;======================================================================== ProgressSet(_FileCountLines($FileRead), "Completed!") Sleep(750) ProgressOff() ;========================================================================  
    • By mond1106
      Hi,

Im new to autoit im exploring some function and I am interested with the progress bar.

Is it possible to have a end user input in how much the bar will progress?

I saw this code in the examples.
      Example()
      Func Example()
          ; Display a progress bar window.
          ProgressOn("Progress Meter", "Increments every second", "0%")
          ; Update the progress value of the progress bar window every second.
          For $i = 10 To 100 Step 10

Sleep(1000)
              ProgressSet($i, $i & "%")
          Next
          ; Set the "subtext" and "maintext" of the progress bar window.
          ProgressSet(100, "Done", "Complete")
          Sleep(5000)
          ; Close the progress window.
          ProgressOff()
       EndFunc   ;==>Example

Thank you.

• By ur
      The below script is used by me before for copying files/folders with progress bar(windows default progress bar).
      I found similar option for moving by using same object.
      But not able to find for delete.
       dml.vbs  (This is a vbscript one and I am posting in this forum because autoit is made on top of vbscript and it might have similar functions.)
      So, I checked in AutoIT forums and found below script files and which I have been modified for my requirement.
      In those below I found delete2.au3 is working fine but hanging during deletion of huge memory files/folders.
      Delete1_au3 
      Delete2_au3 
      Delete3_au3
      Please try to provide a solution.

• By JotaPx
      Hi,
      i've been scripting around a bit with autoit but i always had this problem that i find a bit stupid on my part:
      ~Can't stop a script execution during a rotine...   "duh!" you may say   else take a look at this sample script:
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> $main = GUICreate("5.5 seconds!",1100,25,125,0,-1,$WS_EX_TOPMOST) $prog = GUICtrlCreateProgress(0,0,1000,25) $OK = GUICtrlCreateButton("GO!",1000,0,25,25) $Stop = GUICtrlCreateButton("Stop",1025,0,50,25) $label = GUICtrlCreateLabel("-",1075,0,25) GUICtrlSetState($Stop,$GUI_DISABLE) GUICtrlSetState($main,$GUI_ONTOP) GUISetState() $go = 1 while 1 $msg = GUIGetMsg() Select Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit case $msg = $OK GUICtrlSetState($OK,$GUI_DISABLE) GUICtrlSetState($Stop,$GUI_ENABLE) Do $msg = GUIGetMsg() GUICtrlSetData($prog,0) sleep(1000) GUICtrlSetData($prog,20) sleep(1000) GUICtrlSetData($prog,40) sleep(1000) GUICtrlSetData($prog,60) sleep(1000) GUICtrlSetData($prog,80) sleep(1000) GUICtrlSetData($prog,100) sleep(250) MouseClick("left") until $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE EndSelect WEnd How can i use the Stop button to Stop the rotine? Any toughts on that?
      best regards
    • By johnmcloud
      Hi guys, i have two question about Progress bar,
      I'm testing this code:

ProgressOn("Progress Bar", "Sample progress bar", "Working...") For $i = 0 To 100 ProgressSet($i) Sleep(5) Next MyFunc() ProgressSet(100, "Done!") Sleep(750) ProgressOff()
      1) Thi function does not work as expected, seem working with time, sometime finish first, sometime finish later. The func is a runwait(@comspec) can process file from 1MB to many GB, so i don't know how to set it

2) There is a version can integrate with GUI?

Thanks for support