Update the Word UDF that comes with AutoIt (former WordEX thread)

water

The newest beta versions of Autoit (3.3.9.6 and 3.3.9.7) already include the latest version of this UDF and replace the version delivered with Autoit 3.3.8.1

This is a script breaking change so be sure to change existing scripts if using the latest beta.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• 2 months later...

MVPs -

I just installed the latest Beta version of AutoIT and update my script and everything is working fine except I am unable to use the $bVisible & $bForceNew parameters on the _Word_Create function.  

I get a variable used before being delared error.  If I remove the both of these parameters, everything works fine, but of course the Word window in not hidden from the user as I need it to be.

-hogfan

Can you please post the code you use and the error message you get in the SciTE output pane?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

;Open the correct letter template
Local $oWordApp = _Word_Create($bVisible = False, $bForceNew = True)
;Msgbox(0,"", "Created Word Instance")
Local $oDoc = _Word_DocOpen($oWordApp, $myTemplate)

and the output from Scite:

--> Press Ctrl+Alt+F5 to Restart or Ctrl+Break to Stop
"C:\myapp.au3" (5718) : ==> Variable used without being declared.:
$oWordApp = _Word_Create($bVisible = False, $bForceNew = True)
$oWordApp = _Word_Create(^ ERROR
->12:32:58 AutoIt3.exe ended.rc:1
>Exit code: 1    Time: 47.080
Edited by hogfan

Your syntax is wrong: Please try:

;Open the correct letter template 
Local $oWordApp = _Word_Create(False, True)
;Msgbox(0,"", "Created Word Instance")
Local $oDoc = _Word_DocOpen($oWordApp, $myTemplate)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

That worked.  Thanks for the assistance.  The example showed the = so I thought I needed to specify.  Working good now!   Thanks for the updates to this UDF.  It is very useful.  My users will be very happy their letter automation is working again. :)

-hogfan

What you see is only the description of the syntax to be used in your code.

Example:

_Word_Create([$bVisible = False[, $bForceNew = True]])

This means:

Both parameters are optional because they are put into brackets.

If you don't specify them then the value after the "=" is used as the default value.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• 3 months later...
  • Moderators

Thread closed as UDF now part of release v3.3.10.2. All further bug reports or feature requests should be made through Trac. :)

M23

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area