Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
stormbreaker

Making something like compiler

7 posts in this topic

:bye: Hello everybody. Yesterday I decided to work on my own CD/DVD AutoPlay program (written in C++). Now, I want to 'combine' the configuration file with the main program (just like the Aut2Exe Compiler combines the .bin file and .au3 script, there are other examples like 7-zip's SFX modules etc.). I have a little bit knowledge that the combination is done by something like:

copy /b mybin.bin+myscript.au3 myexe.exe

Could anyone please provide some guidelines, tips, references etc. to get me started in this direction?

Regards,

MKISH

----------------------------------------

:bye: Hey there, was I helpful?

My Current OS: Win8 PRO (64-bit); Current AutoIt Version: v3.3.8.1

Not sure how it's done, but all that command will do is corrupt the file by concatenating the 2 together into the myexe.exe file.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

BrewManNH, this command indeed works for 7-Zip's SFX Modules. I created a SFX using this command with .sfx file. Try it.

that will not corrupt the exe- that's a technique known as EOF (end of file) data.

1. get a file handle to your exe.

2. write to the end a header string.

3. write your data.

to read it:

1. the executable opens a READ ONLY handle to itself.

2.scans ahead till it finds header string.

3. reads in data

4. ?????

5. PROFIT!!!!!!!

ongoing projects:-firestorm: Largescale P2P Social NetworkCompleted Autoit Programs/Scripts: Variable Pickler | Networked Streaming Audio (in pure autoIT) | firenet p2p web messenger | Proxy Checker | Dynamic Execute() Code Generator | P2P UDF | Graph Theory Proof of Concept - Breadth First search

:bye: Thnx bro, I'll try it once I get home. :ILA:

That's not a compiler by any stretch. That's an embedded interpreter.

:oops: These technical terms get over my head sometimes... anyways, a hundred thnx to Richard (for the correction) and twitchyliquid64 (for this cool trick).

:graduated: Proves the concept that I still have a lot to learn...

Best Regards,

MKISH