4 posts in this topic

Hi there everyone,

I have a text file that looks something like the following:

Administrator        Guest               Matt                   
jaes                     james               jas                    
jasdfs               jasds               js                 
Matthew              pjaasddasdfs            pjaasdds               
pjads                pjdfs

Notice the odd formatting; there are not always a consistant amount of spaces between terms, I'm looking for a way to break up this text file into the individual terms (in this case user accounts), and not include the spaces. Any ideas?

Thanks for any advice!

Matt

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

If it's at least "consistant" with two or more spaces separating the columns, below will work.

The example returns a two dimensional array... rows ->[n][n]<- columns

#include <Array.au3> ; for _arraydisplay() func

Global $gs_somefile = "somefile_here.txt"
Global $ga_parsed = _myparse_filefunc($gs_somefile)

_ArrayDisplay($ga_parsed)

Func _myparse_filefunc($s_file)

Local $s_fread = $s_file
    If FileExists($s_file) Then $s_fread = FileRead($s_file)

If $s_fread = "" Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0)

Local $a_lines = StringSplit(StringStripCR($s_fread), @LF)

Local $a_col = 0
    Local $i_cols = 1, $i_rows = 0, $i_ub
    Local $a_wret[$a_lines[0] + 1][$i_cols]
    For $iline = 1 To $a_lines[0]
        If StringLen(StringStripWS($a_lines[$iline], 8)) = 0 Then ContinueLoop
        $a_col = StringRegExp($a_lines[$iline], "(?s)(.+?)(?:z|s{2,})", 3)
        If @error Then ContinueLoop
        $i_ub = UBound($a_col)
        If $i_ub > $i_cols Then
            $i_cols = $i_ub
            ReDim $a_wret[$a_lines[0] + 1][$i_cols]
        EndIf
        For $iword = 0 To $i_ub - 1
            $a_wret[$i_rows][$iword] = $a_col[$iword]
        Next
        $i_rows += 1
    Next

If Not $i_rows Then Return SetError(2, 0, 0)

ReDim $a_wret[$i_rows][$i_cols]
    Return $a_wret
EndFunc
Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

#include <Array.au3>

$file = @ScriptDir & "test.txt"
$data = FileRead($file)
$data = StringStripWS($data, 7)
$array = StringSplit($data, " " & @CR)

_ArrayDisplay($array)

Edited by Spiff59
1 person likes this

Thanks guys, both work fine!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Shirdish_chakravarthi
      By Shirdish_chakravarthi
      Hello Guys this is my gui and i need the numeric value typed in the highlighted  inputbox. if this value is greater than 1 i need to perform some operations
      \

Here is the summary about that field which i got from wininfo tool

i tried writing the code as shown below.. but the msgbox is popping up empty value..when the same code is pasted under some button action i am able to access the value present in the field..but when placed alone as written in the attached script i am unable to fetch it... 

here i am using the valu present in the field

can you guys tell me what's wrong??? or how can i get that value?

My_GUI.au3

• Shirdish_chakravarthi
      By Shirdish_chakravarthi
      in need the path/text present int above shown input box to be copied or retrieved into a variable .. how can i do that?

Thanks

• Shirdish_chakravarthi
      By Shirdish_chakravarthi
      Hello Friends i am new to autoit and i am stuck in middle of automation of flashing tool..
      my requirement is i have a window and i have to get the value present in that window (below is the picture)

in the above window i need to get the value of the highlighted field.the value of this filed keeps on changing...ii need to get the current value present in the field..below are the details of the window and field..

CAN it be done?

thanks

• rudi
      By rudi
      Hello.
      I'm too stupid to see my mistake:
      To investigate the internal "dictionary" of TIFF files I'd like to read in the files in binary mode and to check, if there are more than one pages "in" this TIFF.
      Notepad++, "View as Hex" is presenting the first bytes as "49 49 2a 20 08 20 20 20 12" for the TIF attached to this posting
      The "TIFF Header Format" is easy:
      Offset 00h, 2 Byte = Byte Order, "II"=intel, "MM"=motorola. (I = 0x49)
      --> II
      Offset 02h, 2 Byte = Version Nr.
      Offset 04h, 4 Byte = pointer to first IFD entry
      Description of TIFF header: https://www.awaresystems.be/imaging/tiff/faq.html#q3

Howto read and analyse the binary content correctly? This is my messy, not operational code:

$sampleTiff="H:\daten\tif\11\11\111111.TIF" $h=FileOpen($sampleTiff,16) $content=FileRead($h) ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $content = ' & $content & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console FileClose($h) $type=VarGetType($content) ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $type = ' & $type & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console $ToString=BinaryToString($content) ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $ToString = ' & $ToString & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & @CRLF) $content=StringTrimLeft($content,2) ; cut off the leading "0x" ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $content = ' & $content & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console for $i = 1 to 8 step 8 $next=StringMid($content,$i,2) ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $next = ' & $next & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console $Chr=BinaryToString($next) ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $Chr = ' & $Chr & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & "---" & @CRLF) Next Regards, Rudi.
      111111.TIF
    • houser747
      By houser747
      I have previously used _IEFormElementGetObjByName and _IEFormElementSetValue to enter text into a search box on a form and then submit the form.
      I am now trying to enter text into a search box which is not part of a form. 
      Here is the HTML from the website that i'm trying to enter the data on and then submit the search.
      <div class="row">
          <div class="form-group col-xs-12">
              <span id="FullWidthWithSubmenuContent_FullWidthContent_MainContent_AircraftRegistry_lblSearchText" for="input-search">Registreringsbeteckning</span>
              <div class="input-group col-xs-12">
                  <span id="FullWidthWithSubmenuContent_FullWidthContent_MainContent_AircraftRegistry_preSearchText" class="input-group-addon">SE -</span>
                  <input name="ctl00$FullWidthWithSubmenuContent$FullWidthContent$MainContent$AircraftRegistry$txtSearchText" type="text" value="DTH" id="FullWidthWithSubmenuContent_FullWidthContent_MainContent_AircraftRegistry_txtSearchText" class="form-control" />
              </div>
          </div>
      </div>
      <div class="row">
          <div class="form-group col-xs-12">
              <label class="sr-only" for="">Sök</label>
              <input type="submit" name="ctl00$FullWidthWithSubmenuContent$FullWidthContent$MainContent$AircraftRegistry$btnSearch" value="Sök" id="FullWidthWithSubmenuContent_FullWidthContent_MainContent_AircraftRegistry_btnSearch" class="btn btn-primary ladda-button" data-style="expand-right" />
          </div>
      </div>
      Many thanks in advance
      cheers
      Roger