4 posts in this topic

Hi there everyone,

I have a text file that looks something like the following:

Administrator        Guest               Matt                   
jaes                     james               jas                    
jasdfs               jasds               js                 
Matthew              pjaasddasdfs            pjaasdds               
pjads                pjdfs

Notice the odd formatting; there are not always a consistant amount of spaces between terms, I'm looking for a way to break up this text file into the individual terms (in this case user accounts), and not include the spaces. Any ideas?

Thanks for any advice!

Matt

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

If it's at least "consistant" with two or more spaces separating the columns, below will work.

The example returns a two dimensional array... rows ->[n][n]<- columns

#include <Array.au3> ; for _arraydisplay() func

Global $gs_somefile = "somefile_here.txt"
Global $ga_parsed = _myparse_filefunc($gs_somefile)

_ArrayDisplay($ga_parsed)

Func _myparse_filefunc($s_file)

Local $s_fread = $s_file
    If FileExists($s_file) Then $s_fread = FileRead($s_file)

If $s_fread = "" Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0)

Local $a_lines = StringSplit(StringStripCR($s_fread), @LF)

Local $a_col = 0
    Local $i_cols = 1, $i_rows = 0, $i_ub
    Local $a_wret[$a_lines[0] + 1][$i_cols]
    For $iline = 1 To $a_lines[0]
        If StringLen(StringStripWS($a_lines[$iline], 8)) = 0 Then ContinueLoop
        $a_col = StringRegExp($a_lines[$iline], "(?s)(.+?)(?:z|s{2,})", 3)
        If @error Then ContinueLoop
        $i_ub = UBound($a_col)
        If $i_ub > $i_cols Then
            $i_cols = $i_ub
            ReDim $a_wret[$a_lines[0] + 1][$i_cols]
        EndIf
        For $iword = 0 To $i_ub - 1
            $a_wret[$i_rows][$iword] = $a_col[$iword]
        Next
        $i_rows += 1
    Next

If Not $i_rows Then Return SetError(2, 0, 0)

ReDim $a_wret[$i_rows][$i_cols]
    Return $a_wret
EndFunc
Edited by SmOke_N

[center]Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.[/center]

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

#include <Array.au3>

$file = @ScriptDir & "test.txt"
$data = FileRead($file)
$data = StringStripWS($data, 7)
$array = StringSplit($data, " " & @CR)

_ArrayDisplay($array)

Edited by Spiff59
1 person likes this

Thanks guys, both work fine!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Innominate
      By Innominate
      How can I filter out everything in a string except for text between specific tags, specifically between <title>Message title</title> and <body id="msgFeedSummaryBody" selected="false">Summary text</body>

I also want to extract the URL, which is given three times:
           1. Message-Id: <https://www.linktopage.htm@localhost.localdomain>
           2. Content-Base: https://linktopage.htm (no closing tag for this, just a line feed with the next one beginning with “Content-Type: “)
           3. <base href="https://www.linktopage.htm">

Having extracted the Message title, Summary text, and URL, I want to save that in one of various text files, with a prompt for user input giving me a way (such as entering a letter, word, or clicking a radio button; the latter is preferable) to specify which file.

Here is the code I have so far:

#include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 2) ;1=start, 2=subStr, 3=exact, 4=advanced, -1 to -4=Nocase HotKeySet("^h", "_copy") While 1 Sleep(100) WEnd Func _copy() Send("^u") ; opens the message source of the news feed in my e-mail client (Thunderbird) showing all of the desired information Sleep(1000) Send("^a") ; select all of it Sleep(1000) Send("^c") ; copy it to clipboard EndFunc Now how can I filter the clipboard contents (as above), add to it (adding “-----------------------” as a separator, display it to the screen (for confirmation), and append it as plain text to one of several different files?

Thank you!
    • 5ervant
      By 5ervant
      What's the best way to receive file from a desktop app?
      app.exe will execute a cmd with "au3file.exe /path/of/the/file.xml" and the au3file.exe will get and delete that. Or else? THE MOST IMPORTANT PART OF THE QUESTION
      And best way to transfer file to a desktop app?
      au3file.exe do a $_POST request and the app.exe MUST HAVE a local HTTP server that can receive $_POST, but it looks heavy 'cause the app must have a server such XAMPP. au3file.exe execute a cmd with "app.exe /path/of/the/file.xml" and the app.exe will now get that file and delete. Or else?  
    • vikashbitm2010
      By vikashbitm2010
      Hi all,
      I want to return string from autoit script to the python code.
      Autoit:
      Exit("22 FE 45") -> not working
      Exit(1) -> Working
      Exit(0) -> Working
      python:
      import os
      res=os.system(autoitmine.exe)
      print "res",res
      I got some hint of @ExitCode macro, but dont know how to use it to get the string in python variable 'res'.
      Please resolve this issue for me if anyone knows about this.

• jjohn
      By jjohn
      Hi all,
      I have the following code, basically, it populates an array with unique characters found in a string, but it turns out only one character is in the array, i don't want to think it is due to a bug of autoit at this point, so i need your help on why, please
      Dim $sx[0] Dim $cn $ss = "Xx" ConsoleWrite(StringLeft($ss, 1) & " " & StringRight($ss, 1) & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite(StringLeft($ss, 1) = StringRight($ss, 1) & @CRLF) ;here show X <> x ConsoleWrite(@CRLF) ;the following is to populate array $sx with different unique characters in $ss For $b = 1 To StringLen($ss) $flg = 0 For $a = 0 To UBound($sx) - 1 ;if asc(StringMid($ss,$b,1)) = asc($sx[$a]) Then ;if this line is used instead of the next, everything is fine If StringMid($ss, $b, 1) = $sx[$a] Then If StringMid($ss, $b, 1) = "x" Then ConsoleWrite("<<->>" & StringMid($ss, $b, 1) & " " & $sx[$a] & @CRLF) $flg = 1 ExitLoop EndIf Next If $flg = 0 Then $cn = $cn + 1 ReDim $sx[$cn] $sx[$cn - 1] = StringMid($ss, $b, 1) EndIf Next ConsoleWrite(UBound($sx) & @CRLF);list the ubound of $sx ;list what is in array $sx For $a = 0 To UBound($sx) - 1 ConsoleWrite($sx[$a] & @CRLF) Next same code in a file is attached as uniqueChar2Array.au3
    • FroVN
      By FroVN
      Hi, i want read all text in website doc.google, link : https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ePaOK3w4mOi0fmOF7WQmF5kYvAXQtztVI7018wei_xs/edit (This is all my account , don't remember :v) how i read all text in this web? Tks