Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xinx

Creating AD Groups and OUs - any examples?

7 posts in this topic

Hi all.

I was wondering whether anyone could kindly provide me with some examples of creating a group in AD as well as an OU please?

Or is this not possible?

Many thanks in advance! :idiot:

Sure. Please have a look at my Active Directory UDF (for download please see my signature). Use functions _AD_CreateOU and _AD_CreateGroup.

The UDF provides an example for every function.

1 person likes this

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

+1 to waters UDF's.

They are one of the single most productive UDF's for an enterprise (in my opinion) that exist for AutoIt.

I rely on his AD functions daily.

1 person likes this

Most of the gratitude goes to Johnathan Clelland, the author of the base code of the AD UDF named adfunctions. I brushed it up a bit, extended and added some functions, added help file and examples and try to answer as many questions as possible.

I'm glad this and some other UDFs are used by so many users!

1 person likes this

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2017-04-18 - Version 1.4.8.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2017-02-27 - Version 1.3.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Sure. Please have a look at my Active Directory UDF (for download please see my signature). Use functions _AD_CreateOU and _AD_CreateGroup.

The UDF provides an example for every function.

Excellent. Thanks again water :thumbsup:

Glad to be of service :D

1 person likes this

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

You always have to call _AD_Open before you can call any other function. At the end call _AD_Close

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• water
      By water
      On one/multiple big sheet(s) you get users (columns) and groups (rows). The list is sorted descending by number of members so you get the users with most groups and the groups with most members on top of the page. You can filter by (multiple) samaccountname(s), department or you can create your own LDAP query filter. You can filter the resulting list of groups using a Regular Expression.
      Version 2.0 uses maps so at the moment it requires the latest beta version of AutoIt!
      BTW: If you like this tool please click the "I like this" button. This tells me where to next put my development effort
    • water
      By water
      ADAT is a tool to simplify common AD administration tasks. Every administration task has its own tab. It is easy to add new functions (tabs) to the tool. Some often used functions are already available: list users, computers, OUs. File ADAT.ini can be customized to hold the AD logon information if necessary.
      BTW: If you like this tool please click the "I like this" button. This tells me where to next put my development effort
    • squirrelc0de
      By squirrelc0de
      Hi there, 

I have a question about persistent drives and AD. 
      I am playing around with a script but I'm missing something. What i want to do is if a user is part of an OU, it will map a network drive and be persistent. However if a user is moved out of that OU, they will need to have the persistent drive removed. 

I'm using the ad plugin script, and i can map the drives if a user is in a specific ou, but i cannot seem to delete the drive if the user is out of the OU. 

Here's an example of code I'm using: 

#Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** #AutoIt3Wrapper_Compression=4 #AutoIt3Wrapper_Res_Fileversion=1.0.0 #EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** #include <AD\AD.au3> func MapDrives() _AD_Open() if _AD_RecursiveIsMemberOf(OU) Then Mapdrive1() Elseif _AD_RecursiveIsMemberOf(different ou) drivemapdel EndIf _AD_Close() EndFunc Func MapDrive1() Drivemapdel ("Z:") DriveMapAdd ("Z:"."\\server\share",$DMA_PERSISTENT,0) EndFunc  
      By 31290
      Hi guys, 
      I'd like to write a piece of tool that would allow me to update a certain field in our Active Directory from a comma separated csv file composed like this:

This file, automatically generated, can hold more than 10k lines.
      Thus, I need column A to be in one variable, column B in a second one and column C in a third one.
      I'm really missing this part as updating the AD is fairly easy once the 3 variable are populated. 
      I see things like this:
      Here's my attempts at the moment:
      #include <File.au3> #include <Array.au3> Global $csv_file = @DesktopDir & "\Book1.csv" Global $aRecords If Not _FileReadToArray($csv_file,$aRecords) Then MsgBox(4096,"Error", " Error reading log to Array error:" & @error) Exit EndIf For $x = 1 to $aRecords[0] Msgbox(0,'Record:' & $x, $aRecords[$x]) ; Shows the line that was read from file $csv_line_values = StringSplit($aRecords[$x], ",",1) ; Splits the line into 2 or more variables and puts them in an array ; _ArrayDisplay($csv_line_values) ; Shows what's in the array you just created. ; $csv_line_values[0] holds the number of elements in array ; $csv_line_values[1] holds the value ; $csv_line_values[2] holds the value ; etc Msgbox(0, 0, $csv_line_values[1]) Next Any help on this please? 
      Thanks in advance
      -31290-
    • water
      By water
      Should the AD UDF support the fine grained password policy available since Windows Server 2012?
      What do fine-grained password policies do?
      You can use fine-grained password policies to specify multiple password policies in a single domain and apply different restrictions for password and account lockout policies to different sets of users in a domain.