Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dany

[SOLVED] Buttons placed behind Tab item

9 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

The script below demonstrates my problem. If I run this script all icon buttons save the one created before the tab control are placed behind the tab and only the icon shows. I've tried everything I could think of, setting different styles, states etc. to the GUI, tab, button, icon... Well you get the picture. Nothing has worked thusfar and I'm at a complete loss here. Any help would be much appreciated.

This will create a GUI with two tabs and four buttons of which three are behind the tab control.

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <ButtonConstants.au3>

Local $iExit, $iGUIMsg

GUICreate('Problem...', 180, 150, -1, -1, $GUI_SS_DEFAULT_GUI, $WS_EX_TOPMOST)
; This button will show correctly.
$iExit = _IconOnButton('Close', 10, 120, 160, 20, 200)
; Create tab.
GUICtrlCreateTab(5, 5, 120, 140)
; First item and button with missing text and borders.
GUICtrlCreateTabItem('One')
_IconOnButton('First', 10, 30, 160, 20, 3)
; Second item and button with missing text and borders.
GUICtrlCreateTabItem('Two')
_IconOnButton('Second', 10, 60, 160, 20, 24)
; Close tab control.
GUICtrlCreateTabItem('')
; Another button with missing text and borders.
_IconOnButton('Third', 10, 90, 160, 20, 1001)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
While 1
    $iGUIMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $iGUIMsg
        Case $iExit, $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE ; Exit
            Exit
    EndSwitch
WEnd

; By Valuater
Func _IconOnButton($BItext, $BIleft, $BItop, $BIwidth, $BIheight, $BIconNum, $BIDLL = 'shell32.dll')
    GUICtrlCreateIcon($BIDLL, $BIconNum, $BIleft + 5, $BItop + (($BIheight - 16) / 2), 16, 16)
    GUICtrlSetState( -1, $GUI_DISABLE)
    Local $XS_btnx = GUICtrlCreateButton($BItext, $BIleft, $BItop, $BIwidth, $BIheight, $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS)
    Return $XS_btnx
EndFunc
Edited by dany

[center]Spiderskank Spiderskank[/center]GetOpt Parse command line options UDF | AU3Text Program internationalization UDF | Identicon visual hash UDF

It's because of your $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS style for buttons.

When the words fail... music speaks

Thanks for the reply. But I wish it was that easy...

Take out $WS_CLIPSIBLINGS and the buttons don't have icons. Not what I want. Reverse the order of the creation in _IconOnButton (button first, then the icon) and the icons do show but disappear as soon as the button's clicked.

[center]Spiderskank Spiderskank[/center]GetOpt Parse command line options UDF | AU3Text Program internationalization UDF | Identicon visual hash UDF

Why don't you use $BS_ICON style for buttons and set the icon directly to button?

When the words fail... music speaks

Afaik that doesn't allow for buttons with text, only icon buttons. Those do work btw...

dany,

This works for me: :)

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <GuiImageList.au3>
#include <GuiButton.au3>

GUICreate('Problem...', 180, 150, -1, -1, $GUI_SS_DEFAULT_GUI, $WS_EX_TOPMOST)
$iExit = _IconOnButton('Close', 10, 120, 160, 20, 200)
; Create tab.
GUICtrlCreateTab(5, 5, 120, 110)
_IconOnButton('First', 10, 30, 100, 20, 3)
_IconOnButton('Second', 10, 60, 100, 20, 24)
; Close tab control.
GUICtrlCreateTabItem('')
_IconOnButton('Third', 10, 90, 160, 20, 1001)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
While 1
    $iGUIMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $iGUIMsg
            Exit
    EndSwitch
WEnd

Func _IconOnButton($BItext, $BIleft, $BItop, $BIwidth, $BIheight, $BIconNum, $BIDLL = 'shell32.dll')

$cButton = GUICtrlCreateButton($BItext, $BIleft, $BItop, $BIwidth, $BIheight)
    $hImageList = _GUIImageList_Create(32, 32, 5, 3)
    _GUIImageList_AddIcon($hImageList, $BIDLL, $BIconNum, True)
    _GUICtrlButton_SetImageList($cButton, $hImageList)
    Return $cButton

EndFunc

The icon indices seem a little off - but I leave finding the correct ones to you. ;)

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

Something like this?

#include 
#include 
#include 
#include 
#include 

Local $iExit, $iGUIMsg

GUICreate('No Problem...', 180, 150, -1, -1, $GUI_SS_DEFAULT_GUI, $WS_EX_TOPMOST)

Global $iExit = GUICtrlCreateButton('Close', 10, 120, 160, 20)
_GUICtrlButton_SetImageList(-1, _GetImageListHandle("shell32.dll", -200, False))

; Create tab.
GUICtrlCreateTab(5, 5, 120, 140)

GUICtrlCreateButton('First', 10, 30, 160, 20)
_GUICtrlButton_SetImageList(-1, _GetImageListHandle("shell32.dll", -3, False))

GUICtrlCreateButton('Second', 10, 60, 160, 20)
_GUICtrlButton_SetImageList(-1, _GetImageListHandle("shell32.dll", -24, False))

GUICtrlCreateTabItem('') ; Close tab control.

GUICtrlCreateButton('Third', 10, 90, 160, 20)
_GUICtrlButton_SetImageList(-1, _GetImageListHandle("shell32.dll", -1001, False))

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)
While 1
    $iGUIMsg = GUIGetMsg()
    Switch $iGUIMsg
            Exit
    EndSwitch
WEnd

; using image list to set 1 image and have text on button
Func _GetImageListHandle($sFile, $nIconID = 0, $fLarge = False)
    Local $iSize = 16
    If $fLarge Then $iSize = 32

Local $hImage = _GUIImageList_Create($iSize, $iSize, 5, 3)
    If StringUpper(StringMid($sFile, StringLen($sFile) - 2)) = "BMP" Then
        _GUIImageList_AddBitmap($hImage, $sFile)
    Else
        _GUIImageList_AddIcon($hImage, $sFile, $nIconID, $fLarge)
    EndIf
    Return $hImage
EndFunc   ;==>_GetImageListHandle

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to
build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe
trying to produce bigger and better idiots.
So far, the Universe is winning.

funkey,

Great minds, eh? :D

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

#9 ·  Posted (edited)

AWESOME

Much appreciated, gentlemen. Funkey, your #includes are missing, but I get the point. I definetely need to read up on the standard lib.

Again, Thanks!

Edited by dany