Get security settings on a file share

dgs

Hi,

I am new to autoit and this forum so please be patient with me. thanks

I am automating a process at work and they want me to have the user type in a file share path into a box and then they want me to get the file share security settings and let the user pick one of them, then add the user to that AD security group.

I just need help getting the security settings so i can let the user pick it. I will figure out how to add the user to the AD group.

Thanks in advance.

I will figure out how to add the user to the AD group.

This can easily be done using my Active Directory UDF.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

can i use your Active Directory UDF to get the security settings on the file share when the person types it into the input box, and then put them in the AD group after the person chooses it from the list of security groups associated to that share?

sorry for the long sentence.

thanks

Unfortunately you can only do the AD stuff with my UDF (add a user to an AD group).

I don't know how to get the securtity settings of a file share. Maybe another UDF on the forum can access this information.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

You could use the icacls.exe tool in the background.

icacls.exe serversharepath

Output:

serversharepath  NT AUTHORITYSYSTEM:(I)(OI)(CI)(F)
                     BUIILTINAdministrators:(I)(OI)(CI)(F)
                     DOMAINYOURGROUP-MODIFY:(OI)(CI)(RX,W,DC)
                     DOMAINYOURGROUP-READ:(OI)(CI)(RX)

You'll have to figure out what the exp<b></b>ressions in the brackets mean. You can find the description everywhere.

Edited by hannes08
Regards,Hannes[spoiler]If you can't convince them, confuse them![/spoiler]