Sign in to follow this  
Nogo

_AD_GetObjectAttribute gives unexpected result

Nogo

Hello

I'm trying to get email from AD with _AD_GetObjectAttribute.

the following script gives back email adress for given sAMAccountName:

#include <AD.au3>
Global $aProperties
_AD_Open()
If @error Then Exit MsgBox(16, "Active Directory Example Skript", "Function _AD_Open encountered a problem. @error = " & @error & ", @extended = " & @extended)
$aProperties = _AD_GetObjectAttribute("anysAMAccountName", "mail")
ClipPut($aProperties)
MsgBox(0,"",$aProperties)
_AD_Close()

Tried many sAMAccountName's it works good, but on one Name 'XiaopenL' result is:

'$FUNCTION.CONET_JS_toLowerCase($FUNCTION.CONET_JS_CheckEMail($FUNCTION.CONET_JS_changeUmlaut($FUNCTION.CONET_JS_getFirstPart(Lu)$$)$$.$FUNCTION.CONET_JS_changeUmlaut($FUNCTION.CONET_JS_getFirstPart(Xiaopeng)$$)$$@xxx.xx!!99999999)$$)$$'

This is not the mail adress. Is it a failure of the AD-server?

Edited by Nogo

water

Please a look at this site. It describes attributee mail and proxyAddresses.

Could you get the values of attribute "proxyAddresses"? Be aware that it is a multivalue attribute and hence _AD_GetObjectAttribute returns an array.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (2018-06-01 - Version 1.4.9.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (NEW 2018-09-01 - Version 1.3.4.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
PowerPoint (2017-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:

ADO - Wiki

Nogo

Could you get the values of attribute "proxyAddresses"?

No it is not set.

But I've downloaded 'Active Directory Explorer'. -> The mail adress of sAMAccountName "XiaopenL" is set to

$FUNCTION.CONET_JS_toLowerCase($FUNCTION.CONET_JS_CheckEMail($FUNCTION.CONET_JS_changeUmlaut($FUNCTION.CONET_JS_getFirstPart(Lu)$$)$$.$FUNCTION.CONET_JS_changeUmlaut($FUNCTION.CONET_JS_getFirstPart(Xiaopeng)$$)$$@xxx.xx!!99999999)$$)$$

So everything is working ok. The Database is not tended right.

I didn't expected that this is the failure.

Many thanks for your help and for the link.

Edited by Nogo

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• tweakster2010
      By tweakster2010
      Hello All,
      It has been a long time since I posted, role changes etc involving work and I finally am back to modifying a program I write in AutoIt that has AD integration. I am at a point where we are modifying our structure where I am validating users access via what Distribution List they belong to in our AD OU's. What I have run into is the OU is a sub OU of a sub OU now. Meaning: CN=team, OU=DL, OU=Groups, DC=business.com(working), is now CN=Team, OU=SubDL, OU=DL, OU=Groups, DC=business.com (Not working).  Just curious if the AD functionality should be able to read it or maybe I am missing something?

ElseIf _AD_IsMemberOf("CN=Team,OU=Distribution Lists,OU=Groups,DC=business,DC=com", $sFQDN_User) Then #works for primary Distro ElseIf _AD_IsMemberOf("CN=Team,OU=SubDL,OU=Distribution Lists,OU=Groups,DC=business,DC=com", $sFQDN_User) Then #fails for subOU of DL How I am accessing AD to get the information:
      _AD_Open() Global $aUser = _AD_GetObjectsInOU("", "(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(samaccountname=" & @UserName & "))", 2, "ADsPath,Displayname,distinguishedName") Global $sDisplayName0 = $aUser[1][1] ; Displayname ;MsgBox(0,"", $sDisplayName0) If StringLeft($sDisplayName0, 2) = "9-" Then $Displaynamestring = StringTrimLeft($sDisplayName0, 2) $Displaynamestring1 = StringTrimRight($Displaynamestring, 6) The error code generated is a 1 with a 0 extended. I assume it is because it cannot find the SubOU.

Thanks for any assistance.
    • antmar904
      By antmar904
      I'm trying to read all cells used in column "C" in excel to an array but not sure how.

Local $NameArray = _Excel_RangeRead($oWorkbook, $oWorkbook.Activesheet, $oWorkbook.Range["C"].End)  
    • water
      By water
      Extensive library to control and manipulate Microsoft Active Directory.

Threads: Development - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
      Previous downloads: 30467

Known Bugs: (last changed: 2018-08-08)
      _AD_IsPasswordExired: It compares the expiration time (UTC - but should be local time) with the current time (local time). Which is 2 hours off here. Will be fixed in the next version.
      Or replace line If $aTemp[11] <= _NowCalc() Then Return 1 with
      If $aTemp[9] <= _NowCalc() Then Return 1  
      Things to come: (last changed: 2018-08-08)
      Internal function to convert Large Integer to Date String. _AD_ModifyAttribute fully supports single-value and multi-value attributes. Returns better error information. Better support for Fine Grained Password Policy
      BTW: If you like this UDF please click the "I like this" button. This tells me where to next put my development effort
    • Blois
      By Blois
      Hey Guys,
      Good?
      I'm ned help to consult in other domain. My three domain contains any domains.
      How do I get this query done?

Tks for the Help!