AutoIt communicate with Thunderbird

Anybody got any knowledge about communicating with thunderbird?

I asked a friend for something to do and he said he could want a "new mail displayer"

Automatically display my emails from thunderbird within a small popup

"title here"

[Read][Later][Delete]

The code behind a later list and the gui is no problem.

But getting the trigger from a new mail, getting the title, opening the specifc mail upon clicking read and deleting the mail is something i can't figure out.

I read some example code for something, but i think it said it was C. I don't know C.

Anyone know how i should aproach this?

Do i have to get help building some sort of middle link in C ?

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"]Hobby graphics artist, using gimp.Automating pc stuff, using AutoIt.Listening to music, using Grooveshark.[/font]Scripts:[spoiler]Simple ScreenshotSaves you alot of trouble when taking a screenshot!Don't remember what happened with this, but aperantly the exe is all i got.If you don't want to run it, simply don't._IsRun UDFIt figures out if the script has ben ran before based on the info in a ini file.If you don't want to use exactly what i wrote, you can use it as inspiration.[/spoiler]

If you search for Visual Basic and how to access Thunderbird you should find solutions which could easily be translated to AutoIt.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

okay, thanks!

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"]Hobby graphics artist, using gimp.Automating pc stuff, using AutoIt.Listening to music, using Grooveshark.[/font]Scripts:[spoiler]Simple ScreenshotSaves you alot of trouble when taking a screenshot!Don't remember what happened with this, but aperantly the exe is all i got.If you don't want to run it, simply don't._IsRun UDFIt figures out if the script has ben ran before based on the info in a ini file.If you don't want to use exactly what i wrote, you can use it as inspiration.[/spoiler]

After some searching all I can find from Visual Basic is people sending mail.

And most of them is using the command line to do so.

But i found a MAPI thing, but that doesn't do everything I need it to do, atleast thats what i understood.

And:

[The use of this function is discouraged. It may be altered or unavailable in subsequent versions of Windows.]

And then I found something about XPCOM, but I didn't understand that.

And then I found this after not searching like a gibbon:

Which links to AutoItObject UDF and "mail event system".

And from there i am lost.

Could anyone take a look at the link or maybe do a quick google, cause im stuck.

Sorry if I ask alot, but so far what I've found is either no good, or to complicated for me.

The subject was over the head of the other user too.

It's not an easy task you try to solve.

Does it have to be Thunderbird? For MS Outlook I would recommend my OutlookEX UDF which allows to act upon events easily.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Yes, sadly. This is more a challenge than a task.

If it was just to automate some mail stuff, I would just ask him to get outlook.

But he doesn't need it, its just a challenge he made since i was bored. Im not bored anymore. :P

I'll look into Thunderbird add-ons or other Thunderbird interacting programs and see how they have done it.

Also look into making my own add-on to work as a middle man between AutoIt and Thunderbird.