Sign in to follow this  
Rickname

Problem calling a COM function

Rickname

After searching how to get the Country and City from a specific IP, I found that the fastest and only method was using this COM object provided by http://dev.maxmind.com/geoip/downloadable where the download link is this one http://www.maxmind.com/GeoIP-COM-1.3.zip

It is a pretty basic and simple COM but I don't know how to implement it in a script >_< :think:

I will really apreciate any little help :) Thanyou

Edited by Rickname

water

Check GeoIP_doc.txt. There you'll find how to register the DLL. In the examples directory you'll find the ASP example that show how to create the object and then use the properties and methods.

• Like 1

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-06-01 - Version 1.4.9.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-01-27 - Version 1.3.3.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki
PowerPoint (2015-06-06 - Version 0.0.5.0) - Download - General Help & Support

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

water

Please do not post the in different forums :naughty:

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2018-06-01 - Version 1.4.9.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX (2018-01-27 - Version 1.3.3.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2015-04-01 - Version 0.4.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Rickname

Thanks alot water ( also I like more water than coca-cola ;) ) ! Yes I won't post cloned threads anymore but I couldn't delete my first thread and it was posted in the wrong section >_<.

One more little thingie , how that .ASP file can show to me the rest ? :thinking:

Edited by Rickname

water

The documentation tells you all you need. The ASP example translated to AutoIt to return the city for a hostname:

Global $oGeoIp = ObjCreate("GeoIPCOMEx.GeoIPEx")
$oGeoIp.set_db_path("C:\Program Files\GeoIP\")
$oGeoIp.find_by_name($sHostname)
$sCity = $oGeoIp.city
Untested!
  • Like 1

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Rickname

The documentation tells you all you need. The ASP example translated to AutoIt to return the city for a hostname:

Global $oGeoIp = ObjCreate("GeoIPCOMEx.GeoIPEx")
$oGeoIp.set_db_path("C:\Program Files\GeoIP\")
$oGeoIp.find_by_name($sHostname)
$sCity = $oGeoIp.city
Untested!

Dude, you're awesome, I don't have words ! Thanks a ton !!! IT just works ! I registered the dll as described, put there the datebase and the script you provided...its just awesome thanks dude !!

EDIT : I will make a UDF with this just for the ppl who will still need this :)

Edited by Rickname

water

Glad to be of service :D

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• Bilgus
      By Bilgus
      ; NetFirewallPolicy2 COM UDF Library for AutoIt3
      ; AutoIt Version : 3.3.14.5
      ; Description ...: Windows Firewall Policy2 Interface, Provides access to the firewall policy for Windows Vista+
      Including Test Script 
      UDF:
      Test Script:

• genius257
      By genius257
      I've made a library, based on AutoItObject UDF with the goal of implementing getter and setter functionality and make it possible to define new object properties in as few steps as possible.
      Thank you to @trancexx for getting me on the right track, and all users in Hooking into the IDispatch interface for the code to get me going.
      If I've forgotten to add credit, please let me know
      Example:
      #include "AutoItObject_Internal.au3" $myCar = IDispatch() $myCar.make = 'Ford' $myCar.model = 'Mustang' $myCar.year = 1969 $myCar.__defineGetter('DisplayCar', DisplayCar) Func DisplayCar($oThis) Return 'A Beautiful ' & $oThis.parent.year & ' ' & $oThis.parent.make & ' ' & $oThis.parent.model EndFunc MsgBox(0, "", $myCar.DisplayCar) More examples: https://github.com/genius257/AutoItObject-Internal/tree/master/Examples
      Version: 2.0.0
      AutoItObject_Internal.au3
      Documentation
      Edit2 (19th March 2017):
      First of all, sorry about the lack of updates on this project. I always start too many projects and end up ignoring old projects, if I run into problems ^^'.
      So I've started moving my AutoIt scripts to GitHub. I will still post the most recent script version here.
    • FrancescoDiMuro
      By FrancescoDiMuro
      Good evening everyone
      I'm working on a little project of mines, and I was trying to use WMI Object.
      The question which I don't find an answer is: 
      Once I do the query with WMI Object, something like "SELECT * FROM Win32_LogonSession", instead of specify the field of the collection returned, ( i.e. $colItems.Caption ), can I loop though each property and each value of the property, writing so one row of code only?
      Hope my question was clear enough.
      Thanks in advance.

Best Regards.
    • Bilgus
      By Bilgus
      I was Playing around With AutoIt this evening and wondered how hard it would be to get typeinfo like the COM Viewers do only using AutoIt
      Turns out it was pretty easy.
      A Few Notes:
      CAarray info is unfinished I didn't have any objects to test it on so I left it Limited.
      The Object must have IDispatch exposed (ITypeInfo is derivative)
      Its Just a proof of concept Run with it but don't carry scissors
      ITypeInfoCOM.au3
      ITypeInfoTest.au3

Output IWebBrowserApp

Output ObjCreate(MediaPlayer.MediaPlayer.1)

• Bilgus
      By Bilgus
       IGroupPolicyObject interface
      ;;IGroupPolicyObject #RequireAdmin #include-once #include <WinAPIConstants.au3> ; $S_OK #include <WinAPIReg.au3> ;_WinAPI_GetRegKeyNameByHandle Global Enum $GPO_SECTION_ROOT = 0x0, $GPO_SECTION_USER, $GPO_SECTION_MACHINE Global Enum $GPO_OPEN_LOAD_REGISTRY = 0x1, $GPO_OPEN_READ_ONLY Global Enum $GPO_OPTION_DISABLE_USER = 0x1, $GPO_OPTION_DISABLE_MACHINE Global Enum $GPOTypeLocal = 0x0, $GPOTypeRemote, $GPOTypeDS, $GPOTypeLocalUser, $GPOTypeLocalGroup Global Const $sCLSID_GroupPolicyObject = "{EA502722-A23D-11D1-A7D3-0000F87571E3}" Global Const $sIID_IGroupPolicyObject = "{EA502723-A23D-11D1-A7D3-0000F87571E3}" Global Const $dtag_IGroupPolicyObject = _ "New hresult(wstr;wstr;dword);" & _ ; Creates a new GPO in the Active Directory with the specified display name. "OpenDSGPO hresult(wstr;dword);" & _ ; Opens the specified GPO and optionally loads the registry information. "OpenLocalMachineGPO hresult(dword);" & _ ; Opens the default GPO for the computer and optionally loads the registry information. "OpenRemoteMachineGPO hresult(wstr;dword);" & _ ; Opens the default GPO for the specified remote computer and optionally loads the registry information. "Save hResult(bool;bool;ptr;ptr);" & _ ; Saves the specified registry policy settings to disk and updates the revision number of the GPO. "Delete hresult();" & _ ; Deletes the GPO. "GetName hResult(wstr;int);" & _ ; Retrieves the unique name for the GPO. "GetDisplayName hResult(wstr;int);" & _ ; Retrieves the display name for the GPO. "SetDisplayName hresult(wstr);" & _ ; Sets the display name for the GPO. "GetPath hResult(wstr;int);" & _ ; Retrieves the path to the GPO. "GetDSPath hresult(dword;wstr;int);" & _ ; Retrieves the Active Directory path to the root of the specified GPO section. "GetFileSysPath hresult(dword;wstr;int);" & _ ; Retrieves the file system path (UNC format) to the root of the specified GPO section. "GetRegistryKey hresult(dword;handle);" & _ ; Retrieves a handle to the root of the registry key for the specified GPO section. "GetOptions hResult(dword*);" & _ ; Retrieves the options for the GPO. "SetOptions hresult(dword;dword);" & _ ; Sets the options for the GPO. "GetType hResult(dword*);" & _ ; Retrieves type information for the GPO being edited. "GetMachineName hResult(wstr;int);" & _ ; Retrieves the computer name of the remote GPO. "GetPropertySheetPages hresult(ptr;uint*);" ; Retrieves the property sheet pages associated with the GPO. Test() Func Test() Local $iResult Local $oIGroupPolicy Local $aGpoType[5] = ["Local", "Remote", "Active Directory", "LocalUser", "LocalGroup"] $oIGroupPolicy = ObjCreateInterface($sCLSID_GroupPolicyObject, $sIID_IGroupPolicyObject, $dtag_IGroupPolicyObject) While True If Not IsObj($oIGroupPolicy) Then ConsoleWrite("Failed To Retrieve Interface") $iResult = $E_NOINTERFACE ExitLoop Else ConsoleWrite("Success: " & ObjName($oIGroupPolicy, 1) & @CRLF) EndIf Local $sLoc, $sPath, $sName, $iType $tKey = DllStructCreate("handle hKey") $iResult = $oIGroupPolicy.OpenLocalMachineGPO(BitOR($GPO_OPEN_LOAD_REGISTRY, $GPO_OPEN_READ_ONLY)) If $iResult <> $S_OK Then ExitLoop $iResult = $oIGroupPolicy.GetDisplayName($sLoc, 65535) If $iResult <> $S_OK Then ExitLoop $iResult = $oIGroupPolicy.GetName($sName, 65535) If $iResult <> $S_OK Then ExitLoop ConsoleWrite($sLoc & " : " & $sName & @CRLF) $iResult = $oIGroupPolicy.GetPath($sPath, 65535) If $iResult <> $S_OK Then ExitLoop $iResult = $oIGroupPolicy.GetType($iType) If $iResult <> $S_OK Then ExitLoop ConsoleWrite($sPath & @CRLF) $iResult = $oIGroupPolicy.GetType($iType) If $iResult <> $S_OK Then ExitLoop ConsoleWrite("Type: " & $aGpoType[$iType] & @CRLF) $iResult = $oIGroupPolicy.GetRegistryKey($GPO_SECTION_USER, DllStructGetPtr($tKey)) If $iResult <> $S_OK Then ExitLoop ConsoleWrite(_WinAPI_GetRegKeyNameByHandle(DllStructGetData($tKey, "hKey")) & @CRLF) ExitLoop WEnd Return SetError($iResult, 0, ($iResult = $S_OK)) EndFunc ;==>Test Note: Not well tested..