Sign in to follow this  
Caster

Trigger javascript event on website?

I'm working on a little monitoring script for my website, but I need to test the save function a few times as it has been tending to glitch out a little. I was thinking about AutoIt triggering "save()" every so often so I could meanwhile continue coding on other parts of the website.

Of course, I could just move the mouse pointer and then do "mouseClick(left)", but as I would like this to work on my laptop too instead of modifying it, it'd be nice if AutoIt could trigger "save()" which is an onClick event.

I'm not sure at all how I'd do this though :L

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Jahar
      I have an AutoIT script It monitors 2 websites for content that applys to me and the services that I provide. One site is : www.Freelancer.com The other: www.PeoplePerHour.com Both sites publish new jobs on their site hourly or so. My AutoIT app, will view those sites and present new jobs to me in a grid that pops up on my screen. Lately, the app has stopped showing me any jobs from PeoplePerHour.

For freelancer.com,  Inetget is giving full html but for peopleperhour, now its not coming.
      Func _CheckPPH()
          Local Static $hTimer = 0
          Local Static $hDownload = 0
          Local $aTitlesandUrls = 0
          Local Static $sTempFile = ""
          If $hTimer = 0 Then $hTimer = TimerInit()
          If $hDownload = 0 Then
              $sTempFile = _WinAPI_GetTempFileName(@TempDir)
              ConsoleWrite("Checking PPH..." & @CRLF)
              ConsoleWrite(">Downloading..." & @CRLF)
      ;~         $hDownload = InetGet("http://www.peopleperhour.com/freelance-jobs", $sTempFile, $INET_FORCERELOAD, $INET_DOWNLOADBACKGROUND)
              $hDownload = InetGet("http://www.peopleperhour.com/freelance-jobs", $sTempFile, $INET_FORCERELOAD)
      ;~         Return 0
          EndIf
      ;~     Sleep(30)
      ;~     Local $isCompleted = InetGetInfo($hDownload, $INET_DOWNLOADCOMPLETE)
      ;~     Local $isError = InetGetInfo($hDownload, $INET_DOWNLOADERROR)
      ;~     Sleep(30)
      ;~     If TimerDiff($hTimer) > 3000 And $isError Then
      ;~         ConsoleWrite("!PPH Fail" & @CRLF)
      ;~         InetClose($hDownload)
      ;~         $hDownload = 0
      ;~         Return 0
      ;~     EndIf
      ;~     Sleep(30)
          Local $Show = 0
      ;~     If TimerDiff($hTimer) > 3000 And $isCompleted Then
          If $hDownload > 0 Then
              ConsoleWrite("+Downloaded..." & @CRLF)
              Local $sPPHHtml = FileRead($sTempFile)
              $aTitlesandUrls = _StringBetween($sPPHHtml, '"title">' & @LF, 'time>')
      ;~         _ArrayDisplay($aTitlesandUrls)
              Local $aPPH[0][4]
              Local $sTitle = ""
              Local $sUrl = ""
              Local $sID = ""
              Local $sDate = ""
              Local $iRet=0
              Sleep(30)
              For $i = 0 To UBound($aTitlesandUrls) - 1
                  $sTitle = _StringBetween($aTitlesandUrls[$i], '<a title="', '" class')
                  $sUrl = _StringBetween($aTitlesandUrls[$i], 'href="', '">')
                  $sDate = _GetDate($aTitlesandUrls[$i])
                  If IsArray($sTitle) And IsArray($sUrl) Then
                      $sID = _GetID($sUrl[0])
      ;~                 _ArrayAdd($aPPH, $sDate & "|" & $sTitle[0] & "|" & $sUrl[0] & "|" & $sID)
                      $iRet = _BuildPopupsPPH($sID, $sDate, "PPH: " & $sTitle[0], $sUrl[0])
                      If $iRet Then $Show+=1
                  EndIf
              Next
              Sleep(30)
      ;~         If $Show > 0 Then ShowLatestJobs()
      ;~         _ArrayDisplay($aPPH)
              FileDelete($sTempFile)
              InetClose($hDownload)
              $hDownload = 0
              $hTimer = 0
              Return $Show
          EndIf
          Sleep(30)
      EndFunc   ;==>_CheckPPH
    • By careca
      This is my take on string triggers, triggers on specific strings.
      Able to simple text pasting,
      opening links (as long as there's a www. http:\\ or https:\\ at the beggining)
      and is able to open applications, if there is a parameter in the parameter field, it uses it.
      Shows your external, lan, and gateway ip's.
      Able to change system volume by a set percentage, reading from the inputbox the number the user sets, if 0 or empty uses system default.
      I made this because the existing string trigger applications didn't do it for me.
      I did this for me, but if someone finds it useful, all the better.
    • By singh54
      Hello All,

I am new to auto It  and coding. Have only tried few automated logging for different websites.  The login pages of the websites which I have worked on were having form name with input type as text and it seems straight forward to automate their login using "_IEFormElementSetValue".
      I have got a url, it does not have any form in the source page. On further analyzing I found that It does call some login page separately as below.
      function showLogin(arg) {
        Global.pollingDialogDoc = null;
        var fresh = jQuery.isValidString(arg) && "fresh" == arg ? !0 : !1, appFrame = $("#appFrame");
        if ($("#modalFrame").show(), $("iframe").hide(), fresh || !appFrame.attr('src').match("html/login.html")) appFrame.attr('src', baseURL + 'html/login.html'), 
        appFrame.on('load', function() {
          setTimeout(function() {
            $("#modalFrame").hide(), appFrame.show();
          }, 1);
        }); else try {
          window.frames.appFrame.updatePageFromIndex();
        } catch (e) {}
      }
      I can simply use "send" and "mouse click" Method to automate the login but that doesn't seems very reliable. Is there any separate way to fill the user ID and password to the respective fields by having reference by frames or something. 
      Appreciate if any one can point me to correct document or help in any way...!
    • By MrCreatoR
      This UDF allows to set an events handler for Mouse device.

The beginning...
      I searched for a way to disable the Mouse Primary click, and be able to call some function when the click event is received...
      Big thanks to amel27 for this one, i only organized the whole stuff to UDF style.

Example:
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include "MouseOnEvent.au3" HotKeySet("{ESC}", "_Quit") _Example_Intro() _Example_Limit_Window() Func _Example_Intro() MsgBox(64, "Attention!", "Let's set event function for mouse wheel *scrolling* up and down", 5) ;Set event function for mouse wheel *scrolling* up/down and primary button *down* action (call our function when the events recieved) _MouseSetOnEvent($MOUSE_WHEELSCROLLDOWN_EVENT, "_MouseWheel_Events") _MouseSetOnEvent($MOUSE_WHEELSCROLLUP_EVENT, "_MouseWheel_Events") _MouseSetOnEvent($MOUSE_PRIMARYDOWN_EVENT, "_MousePrimaryDown_Event") Sleep(3000) ;UnSet the events _MouseSetOnEvent($MOUSE_WHEELSCROLLDOWN_EVENT) _MouseSetOnEvent($MOUSE_WHEELSCROLLUP_EVENT) _MouseSetOnEvent($MOUSE_PRIMARYDOWN_EVENT) ToolTip("") MsgBox(64, "Attention!", "Now let's disable Secondary mouse button up action, and call our event function.", 5) _MouseSetOnEvent($MOUSE_SECONDARYUP_EVENT, "_MouseSecondaryUp_Event", 0, 1) Sleep(5000) _MouseSetOnEvent($MOUSE_SECONDARYUP_EVENT) ToolTip("") EndFunc Func _Example_Limit_Window() Local $hGUI = GUICreate("MouseOnEvent UDF Example - Restrict events on specific window") GUICtrlCreateLabel("Try to click on that specific GUI window", 40, 40, 300, 30) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 800) GUICtrlCreateLabel("Press <ESC> to exit", 10, 10) GUISetState() _MouseSetOnEvent($MOUSE_PRIMARYDOWN_EVENT, "_MousePrimaryDown_Event", $hGUI) ;A little(?) bugie when you mix different events :( ;_MouseSetOnEvent($MOUSE_SECONDARYUP_EVENT, "_MouseSecondaryUp_Event", $hGUI) While 1 Switch GUIGetMsg() Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE ExitLoop Case $GUI_EVENT_PRIMARYDOWN MsgBox(0, "", "Should not be shown ;)") EndSwitch WEnd _MouseSetOnEvent($MOUSE_PRIMARYDOWN_EVENT) ;_MouseSetOnEvent($MOUSE_SECONDARYUP_EVENT) EndFunc Func _MouseWheel_Events($iEvent) Switch $iEvent Case $MOUSE_WHEELSCROLLDOWN_EVENT ToolTip("Wheel Mouse Button (scrolling) DOWN Blocked") Case $MOUSE_WHEELSCROLLUP_EVENT ToolTip("Wheel Mouse Button (scrolling) UP Blocked") EndSwitch Return $MOE_BLOCKDEFPROC ;Block EndFunc Func _MousePrimaryDown_Event() ToolTip("Primary Mouse Button Down Blocked") Return $MOE_BLOCKDEFPROC ;Block EndFunc Func _MouseSecondaryUp_Event() ToolTip("Secondary Mouse Button Up Blocked") EndFunc Func _Quit() Exit EndFunc  
      Available Events Constants:

------------------------------------------
      CHANGELOG:
      Download:
      Attached:     MouseOnEvent_2.4.zip
      Old version:
      MouseOnEvent.zip - v2.3
      MouseOnEvent_2.1.zip
      MouseOnEvent_2.0.zip
      MouseOnEvent_UDF_1.9.zip
      MouseSetOnEvent_UDF_1.8.zip
      MouseSetOnEvent_UDF_1.7.zip
      MouseSetOnEvent_UDF_1.6.zip
      MouseSetOnEvent_UDF_1.5.zip
      MouseSetOnEvent_UDF_1.4.zip
      MouseSetOnEvent_UDF_1.3.zip
      Previous downloads: 146 + 200 + 804
      MouseOnEvent.zip
      MouseOnEvent.zip
    • By CarlD
      Update: Download the latest version here.
      As my first stab at GUI scripting, I'm trying to write a simple graphical interface for Grep for Windows. I have a basic GUI, but I'm stuck on one point and nothing I've tried so far works. The sticking point is that while the Tab key works to move focus from one input control to the next, clicking the mouse on any but the first input does nothing. This seems like a basic feature of GUI functionality that should work out of the box (like Tab), but clearly I'm missing something. I tried (among many other things) Melba23's technique in the post below, but this doesn't do what I'm after -- getting the left click to set the insertion point for user input. Would greatly appreciate a pointer or two. 😉
      Here's my code so far:
      ; Grep for Windows -- GUI [CLD] #include <AutoItConstants.au3> #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <StaticConstants.au3> #include <WinAPI.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", -2) #cs FileInstall("X:\nix\search1.ico", @TempDir & "\search1.ico") FileInstall("X:\nix\grep.exe", @TempDir & "\grep.exe") FileInstall("X:\nix\sed.exe", @TempDir & "\sed.exe") FileInstall("X:\nix\libiconv2.dll", @TempDir & "\libiconv2.dll") FileInstall("X:\nix\libintl3.dll", @TempDir & "\libintl3.dll") FileInstall("X:\nix\pcre3.dll", @TempDir & "\pcre3.dll") FileInstall("X:\nix\regex2.dll", @TempDir & "\regex2.dll") #ce ; $sDefFs = @ScriptDir & "\.txt" $sOut = "" $iX = 20 $iY = 20 $hgGGrep = GUICreate("Grep for Windows: Simple TeXT search", 600, 600) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hgGGrep) ; Obtain value of control: GUICtrlRead() ; left, top, width, height ; $iX, $iY, $iX + n, $iY + m ; $hgIco = GUICtrlCreateIcon(@ScriptDir & "\search1.ico", $iX, $iY, 10) $hgGL0 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Enter a string or regular expression" & @CRLF & "(space between words means ""OR"")", $iX + 50, $iY, 250, 30) $hgSch = GUICtrlCreateInput("", $iX + 50, $iY + 40, 325, 20, $GUI_SS_DEFAULT_INPUT, -1) $hgXyZ = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("cAsE-sEnSiTiVe", $iX + 50, $iY + 65, -1, -1) $hgExe = GUICtrlCreateButton("Search", 400, $iY + 40, -1, -1) $hgFL1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Filespec", $iX + 50, $iY + 100, 250, 20) $hgFs1 = GUICtrlCreateInput("d:\path\*.txt", $iX + 110, $iY + 100, 250, 20, $GUI_SS_DEFAULT_INPUT, -1) $hgFL2 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Filespec", $iX + 50, $iY + 120, 250, 20) $hgFs2 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", $iX + 110, $iY + 120, 250, 20, $GUI_SS_DEFAULT_INPUT, -1) $hgFL3 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Filespec", $iX + 50, $iY + 140, 250, 20) $hgFs3 = GUICtrlCreateInput("", $iX + 110, $iY + 140, 250, 20, $GUI_SS_DEFAULT_INPUT,-1) $hgOut = GUICtrlCreateEdit($sOut, 25, 190, 550, 400, $ES_LEFT, -1) GUICtrlSetState($hgSch, $GUI_FOCUS) While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit EndSwitch WEnd ; #cs _WinAPI_SetFocus(ControlGetHandle("Grep for Windows", "", $hgSch)) _WinAPI_SetFocus(ControlGetHandle("Grep for Windows", "", $hgFs1)) _WinAPI_SetFocus(ControlGetHandle("Grep for Windows", "", $hgFs2)) _WinAPI_SetFocus(ControlGetHandle("Grep for Windows", "", $hgFs3)) #ce Thanks in advance.