Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
meisandy

File Download without URL

15 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Hi all,

I'm using an embedded IE object to fill in a form and submit it. The form uses the POST method and has a Javascript function which runs when the form is submitted and changes some values according to what is entered into the form and generates a nonce, etc. When the form is submitted a file download is triggered.

How could I deal with this because at the minute the file download dialog is appearing? The only way I can think of is to send a keypress when the file download window becomes active but I have seen that this is not reliable.

Thanks in advance

Edited by meisandy

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

send a screenshot, and the output of the autoit window info tool (if it's a popup).

Control* functions and Window* functions are reliable, if it's a popup

Edited by jdelaney

IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

Here is the File Download dialog that appears (left) and window information for it (right)Download_Window.png

This is the code I'm using but for some reason it only works sometimes, and the desktop opens in Windows Explorer.

WinWaitActive("File Download", "", 15)
    If WinActive("File Download") <> 0 Then
        ControlClick("File Download", "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:3]")
    EndIf

#6 ·  Posted (edited)

Here is the File Download dialog that appears (left) and window information for it (right)Download_Window.png

For future reference... if you activate a window (bring it into focus) then press Ctrl+PrtScn, it will screen capture the focused window only. so you can save time from having to redact information from the screen capture.

Edit:

This is true for Win7, for xp the keycombo is Ctrl+Alt+PrtScn... I dont know about Vista

Edited by Wombat

Just look at us.
Everything is backwards; everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health. Lawyers destroy justice. Universities destroy knowledge. Governments destroy freedom. The major media destroy information and religions destroy spirituality. ~ Michael Ellner

The internet is our one and only hope at a truly free world, do not let them take it from us...

For future reference... if you activate a window (bring it into focus) then press Ctrl+PrtScn, it will screen capture the focused window only. so you can save time from having to redact information from the screen capture.

Edit:

This is true for Win7, for xp the keycombo is Ctrl+Alt+PrtScn... I dont know about Vista

Good suggestion, only if you hadn't completely mangled the keys ;)

It is Alt+PrtScr for all of them. Probably goes back to Win95, if not longer.

Ctrl does nothing, or at least not that.

1 person likes this

That's where I was going wrong - I knew there was a way but I thought it was Ctrl + PrtScr! Thanks :)

So does anybody know why the code I posted isn't working properly?

Good suggestion, only if you hadn't completely mangled the keys ;)

It is Alt+PrtScr for all of them. Probably goes back to Win95, if not longer.

Ctrl does nothing, or at least not that.

I meant that :sweating::whistle:

Just look at us.
Everything is backwards; everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health. Lawyers destroy justice. Universities destroy knowledge. Governments destroy freedom. The major media destroy information and religions destroy spirituality. ~ Michael Ellner

The internet is our one and only hope at a truly free world, do not let them take it from us...

Would ControlSend("File Download", "", "", "{ESC}") work?

Can you post your code so we can see what you are doing (makes it easier to help) or is this a private website?

I'm very sorry and I understand that it does make it harder for you to help me but the website is private. However if there is any code you would like to see in particular I could post 'snippets'...

Would ControlSend("File Download", "", "", "{ESC}") work?

Pressing the Esc key when the dialog appears does work really well, when I do it manually. However for some reason the code I posted earlier it is a bit hit and miss. Even when the File Download window is clearly active the code inside the If statement doesn't execute, and when I don't have the If statement all types of random things happen.

Forget winactive, use winexists, then winactivate, then Send("{SPACE}"), or enter or whatever key does what you want.

WinExists works a treat! Thank you! And I don't need to use WinActivate because ControlSend() still works perfectly.

And thank you NewPlaza for indirectly informing me about the Esc key being able to close the File Download box. :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• UEZ
      By UEZ
      Here a small tool I wrote to update my Sysinternal tools collection without the need to download always the whole package or visiting the site to check for updates. I know that there are several tools available (also some tools written in AutoIt) but here another one for the collection. It was good exercise for me to code it.

Some files from cannot be downloaded although they are visible on the web site!

Here the download link of the source code only: AutoIt Sysinternal Tools Synchronizer v0.99.1 build 2017-10-23 beta.7z  (1353 downloads previously)
      -=> Requires AutoIt version 3.3.13.20 or higher / tested on Win8.1 real machine and some VMs: Win7 / Vista / Win10

Compiled exe only: @MediaFire

Just select the Sysinternal Tools folder or create one and press the synchronize button to download the selected items. Click on AutoIt label (near to left upper corner) to open menu.

Special thanks to LarsJ, Melba23 and mesale0077 for their help. 

I've still some ideas to implement which are more gimmick related, so it is not finished yet...
      If you want to add your language please check out #Region Language. Thanks. 

Please report any bug or if you have any suggestions.

The language of the tool tip from each of the executable in the left list view were automatically created using Google translator and weren't checked for correctness.

Br,
      UEZ
    • Seminko
      By Seminko
      I am now able to populate the dropdown menus at https://www.tipcars.com/.
      The dropdowns are dynamic and do not have a Text value, only ids.
      Is there a way to get all the available options from a dropdown?
      $url = "https://www.tipcars.com/" $oIE = _IECreate($url) _IELoadWait($oIE) $oDownloadSamples = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "homepage_vyhl_frm_vozidlo") _IEFormElementOptionSelect($oDownloadSamples, "C") Above code, populates ID 'C' into the 'druh' dropdown, which results in selecting 'užitkové'. 
      Is there a way so I can grab all of the options from the dropdown menu? I could easily grab all the IDs but I am afraid they will change in the future so I would much rather match the text titles and assign the option IDs grabbed from site.
      This is what the options are according to Chrome:
      <select class="w1"id="homepage_vyhl_frm_vozidlo"name="homepage_vyhl_frm_vozidlo"onchange="try{NABIDKA_VOZIDEL_FORMULAR.naplnSelectZnacka('homepage_vyhl_frm');GLOBAL.pocetInzerceHZ('homepage_vyhl_frm','vozidlo');}catch(ex){odeslatJsChybu('formHOMEPAGE onChange 1: ' + ex.message, 'formHomePage onChange 1', -1);}"> <option value="A" style="color: black;">osobní a terénní (56 334)</option> <option value="C" style="color: black;">užitkové (4 333)</option> <option value="D" style="color: black;">nákladní (3 742)</option> <option value="E" style="color: black;">autobusy (56)</option> <option value="F" style="color: black;">obytné (373)</option> <option value="G" style="color: black;">přívěsy (1 179)</option> <option value="J" style="color: black;">motorky (780)</option> <option value="S" style="color: black;">pracovní stroje (605)</option> <option value="L" style="color: black;">ostatní (235)</option></select> Also, this cannot be grabbed by _INetGetSource.
      Thanks
    • Gowrisankar
      By Gowrisankar
      Hello everyone,
      I'm trying to pass values to elements in a website.
      The elements are present within a table, which is again present within a table, which is inside a form.
      I tried to read the form, tables, etc., but with no results. It appears to me that the elements, tables, form, etc., were not read at all.
      The following is what I tried. Please guide me.
      ;I tried the following to read the tables into arrays #include <IE.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> Local $oIE = _IECreate() _IENavigate($oIE, "---- URL HERE ----") _IELoadWait($oIE) $o_Table = _IETableGetCollection ($oIE) $i_NumTables = @extended For $i = 0 To $i_NumTables - 1 Step 1 $o_Table_Temp2 = _IETableGetCollection ($oIE, $i) $a_TableData = _IETableWriteToArray ($o_Table_Temp2) _ArrayDisplay($a_TableData) Next  
      ;I tried the following code to pass value to the field #include <IE.au3> #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> Local $oIE = _IECreate() _IENavigate($oIE, "---- URL HERE ----", 0) _IELoadWait($oIE) Local $oForm = _IEFormGetObjByName($oIE, "default") Local $oField = _IEFormElementGetObjByName($oForm, "tGroup") _IEFormElementSetValue($oField, "---- VALUE HERE ----")  
      The following is the html view of the website and the highlighted field is the one that I want to pass values to. Since this is an official website, I can't share the exact url.

• rudi
      By rudi
      Hello.
      I'm too stupid to see my mistake:
      To investigate the internal "dictionary" of TIFF files I'd like to read in the files in binary mode and to check, if there are more than one pages "in" this TIFF.
      Notepad++, "View as Hex" is presenting the first bytes as "49 49 2a 20 08 20 20 20 12" for the TIF attached to this posting
      The "TIFF Header Format" is easy:
      Offset 00h, 2 Byte = Byte Order, "II"=intel, "MM"=motorola. (I = 0x49)
      --> II
      Offset 02h, 2 Byte = Version Nr.
      Offset 04h, 4 Byte = pointer to first IFD entry
      Description of TIFF header: https://www.awaresystems.be/imaging/tiff/faq.html#q3

Howto read and analyse the binary content correctly? This is my messy, not operational code:

$sampleTiff="H:\daten\tif\11\11\111111.TIF" $h=FileOpen($sampleTiff,16) $content=FileRead($h) ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $content = ' & $content & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console FileClose($h) $type=VarGetType($content) ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $type = ' & $type & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console $ToString=BinaryToString($content) ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $ToString = ' & $ToString & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & @CRLF) $content=StringTrimLeft($content,2) ; cut off the leading "0x" ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $content = ' & $content & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console for $i = 1 to 8 step 8 $next=StringMid($content,$i,2) ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $next = ' & $next & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console $Chr=BinaryToString($next) ConsoleWrite('@@ Debug(' & @ScriptLineNumber & ') : $Chr = ' & $Chr & @CRLF & '>Error code: ' & @error & @CRLF) ;### Debug Console ConsoleWrite(@CRLF & "---" & @CRLF) Next Regards, Rudi.
      111111.TIF
    • Spask
      By Spask
      Hi, I'm trying to find a text value inside of a html.
      This is what the line looks like normally:
      <p id="line1" class> <span class="bot">TEXT HERE</span> </p> The text then changes to a non breaking space:
      <p id="line1" class> <span class="bot">&nbsp;</span> </p> And then it changes back to normal text but it's different every time.
      Can I code this so that it grabs the text every time it changes and has a variable that represents it?
      I currently have this inside of my loop:
      $span = .document.getElementsByTagName("span") For $text In $span If $text.value = "&nbsp;" Then Sleep(50) MsgBox(0,0,0) ;messagebox to test if it can be found, but I don't know how to grab the text EndIf Next The problem is that there are many other lines in the html that have the same span but are called "line3", "line5", etc and the one I need is from "line1".
      I will appreciate if anyone can help with this!