Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
meisandy

File Download without URL

15 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Hi all,

I'm using an embedded IE object to fill in a form and submit it. The form uses the POST method and has a Javascript function which runs when the form is submitted and changes some values according to what is entered into the form and generates a nonce, etc. When the form is submitted a file download is triggered.

How could I deal with this because at the minute the file download dialog is appearing? The only way I can think of is to send a keypress when the file download window becomes active but I have seen that this is not reliable.

Thanks in advance

Edited by meisandy

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

send a screenshot, and the output of the autoit window info tool (if it's a popup).

Control* functions and Window* functions are reliable, if it's a popup

Edited by jdelaney

IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

Here is the File Download dialog that appears (left) and window information for it (right)Download_Window.png

This is the code I'm using but for some reason it only works sometimes, and the desktop opens in Windows Explorer.

WinWaitActive("File Download", "", 15)
    If WinActive("File Download") <> 0 Then
        ControlClick("File Download", "", "[CLASS:Button; INSTANCE:3]")
    EndIf

#6 ·  Posted (edited)

Here is the File Download dialog that appears (left) and window information for it (right)Download_Window.png

For future reference... if you activate a window (bring it into focus) then press Ctrl+PrtScn, it will screen capture the focused window only. so you can save time from having to redact information from the screen capture.

Edit:

This is true for Win7, for xp the keycombo is Ctrl+Alt+PrtScn... I dont know about Vista

Edited by Wombat

Just look at us.
Everything is backwards; everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health. Lawyers destroy justice. Universities destroy knowledge. Governments destroy freedom. The major media destroy information and religions destroy spirituality. ~ Michael Ellner

The internet is our one and only hope at a truly free world, do not let them take it from us...

For future reference... if you activate a window (bring it into focus) then press Ctrl+PrtScn, it will screen capture the focused window only. so you can save time from having to redact information from the screen capture.

Edit:

This is true for Win7, for xp the keycombo is Ctrl+Alt+PrtScn... I dont know about Vista

Good suggestion, only if you hadn't completely mangled the keys ;)

It is Alt+PrtScr for all of them. Probably goes back to Win95, if not longer.

Ctrl does nothing, or at least not that.

1 person likes this

That's where I was going wrong - I knew there was a way but I thought it was Ctrl + PrtScr! Thanks :)

So does anybody know why the code I posted isn't working properly?

Good suggestion, only if you hadn't completely mangled the keys ;)

It is Alt+PrtScr for all of them. Probably goes back to Win95, if not longer.

Ctrl does nothing, or at least not that.

I meant that :sweating::whistle:

Just look at us.
Everything is backwards; everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health. Lawyers destroy justice. Universities destroy knowledge. Governments destroy freedom. The major media destroy information and religions destroy spirituality. ~ Michael Ellner

The internet is our one and only hope at a truly free world, do not let them take it from us...

Would ControlSend("File Download", "", "", "{ESC}") work?

Can you post your code so we can see what you are doing (makes it easier to help) or is this a private website?

I'm very sorry and I understand that it does make it harder for you to help me but the website is private. However if there is any code you would like to see in particular I could post 'snippets'...

Would ControlSend("File Download", "", "", "{ESC}") work?

Pressing the Esc key when the dialog appears does work really well, when I do it manually. However for some reason the code I posted earlier it is a bit hit and miss. Even when the File Download window is clearly active the code inside the If statement doesn't execute, and when I don't have the If statement all types of random things happen.

Forget winactive, use winexists, then winactivate, then Send("{SPACE}"), or enter or whatever key does what you want.

WinExists works a treat! Thank you! And I don't need to use WinActivate because ControlSend() still works perfectly.

And thank you NewPlaza for indirectly informing me about the Esc key being able to close the File Download box. :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• ur
      By ur
      For the below form, I am able to automate using below code for textboxes.

#include <IE.au3> Local $oIE = _IEAttach("http://localhost:18170/MartAdmin/", "url") _IELoadWait($oIE) $Search = _IEGetObjById($oIE,"x-auto-16-input") _IEPropertySet($Search, 'innerText','Uday KIran') $Search = _IEGetObjById($oIE,"x-auto-18-input") _IEPropertySet($Search, 'innerText','Uday KIran') But for the Login button, there is no id or name.
      The html code when I click on Inspect element in browser, shown below.
      <button tabindex="0" class="x-btn-text" style="width: 64px; position: relative;" type="button">Log In</button> Please let me know how to click this.?

• usmiv4o
      By usmiv4o
      #cs ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- AutoIt Version: 3.2.4.3 Author: usmiv4o Script Function: AutoIt script to check if files in directory are changed. It is usefull for security contra-inteligense measures. Function Name: LoadTripwireDB() Description: Loads database (text file tripwire.txt) and compare files in /test folder for changes. compares Hash (MD5) checksums. If they are not the same starts Initial() Function Name: Initial() Description: Checks directory and makes index of files and their MD5 checksums in text file (tripwire.txt) Function Name: Hush() Description: Checks file and returns its MD5 checksum. Requirement(s): Windows XP Return Value(s): On Success - Returns true. Files are the same as before. On Failure - return false. Example: LoadTripwireDB() #ce ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- #include <Crypt.au3> #include <File.au3> #include <Array.au3> $sDir = @ScriptDir & "\Test" $sFilePath = @ScriptDir & "\tripwire.txt" Func Hush(ByRef $sFile) $sRead = FileOpen( $sFile) $dHash = _Crypt_HashData($sRead, $CALG_MD5) ; Create a hash of the text entered. ConsoleWrite("Hash of file " & $sFile & " is " & $dHash & @CRLF) EndFunc ;ConsoleWrite("Files in Dir are " & $aScriptDir[0] & @CRLF) ;$sFilePath = @ScriptDir & "\Examples.txt" ;_FileWriteFromArray($sFilePath, $aScriptDir, 1) ;_ArrayDisplay($aScriptDir, "1D display") Func Initial() $aScriptDir = _FileListToArray($sDir) for $i = 1 To UBound($aScriptDir) - 1 $dHash = _Crypt_HashData($i, $CALG_MD5) ;ConsoleWrite("File " & $aScriptDir[$i] & " is " & $dHash & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite($aScriptDir[$i] & ":" & $dHash & @CRLF) ;Hush($aScriptDir[$i]) ;FileWrite $hFileOpen = FileOpen($sFilePath, $FO_APPEND) If $hFileOpen = -1 Then MsgBox($MB_SYSTEMMODAL, "", "An error occurred when reading the file.") EndIf FileWrite($hFileOpen, $aScriptDir[$i] & ":" & $dHash & @CRLF) Next EndFunc Func Monitor() $aScriptDir = _FileListToArray($sDir) for $i = 1 To UBound($aScriptDir) - 1 Next EndFunc Func LoadTripwireDB() $comparison_ok = false $dArray = _FileListToArray($sDir) ;directory $dArray0 = UBound($dArray) - 1 $fArray = FileReadToArray($sFilePath) ;file $fArray0 = UBound($fArray) ;_ArrayDisplay($dArray, "files array") if $dArray0 = $fArray0 Then ; are file same as recorded in txt file? ;ConsoleWrite("files in monitoring dir: " & $dArray[0] & " = file recorded: " & $fArray0 & @CRLF & $fArray[0]& @CRLF) for $i = 1 To UBound($dArray) - 1 ;ConsoleWrite("i = " & $i & @CRLF) $dHash = _Crypt_HashData($i, $CALG_MD5) ;binary ;$dHash = BinaryToString($dHash) $ffhash = StringSplit( $fArray[$i-1],":") $fhash = $ffhash[2] ;ConsoleWrite("IsBinary $dHash " & IsBinary($dHash) & @CRLF) if $dHash = $fhash Then ;if compared hashes are equal ;ConsoleWrite($fhash & ":" & $dHash & " equal" & @CRLF) ;ConsoleWrite("File: " & $fhash & @CRLF & "Directory: " & $dHash & @CRLF & "equal: yes " & @CRLF) Else ;if compared hashes are not equal ;ConsoleWrite("File: " & $fhash & @CRLF & "Directory: " & $dHash & @CRLF & "equal: not " & @CRLF) ;MsgBox(0,"hash md5",$fhash & ":" & $dHash & " not equal") EndIf Next ;ConsoleWrite("hashes are equal" & @CRLF) $comparison_ok = true Else ConsoleWrite("number of files in monitoring dir are not same as recorded" & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite("directory: " & $dArray[0] &":"& "files: " & UBound($fArray) - 1 & @CRLF) EndIf Return $comparison_ok EndFunc #main if LoadTripwireDB() = true Then ConsoleWrite(" hashes are equal " & @CRLF) ElseIf LoadTripwireDB() <> true Then ConsoleWrite(" hashes are not equal " & @CRLF) ConsoleWrite(" hashes are not equal " & @CRLF) Initial() EndIf  
      tripwire.au3
      tripwire.txt
    • jonson1986
      By jonson1986
      Hey,
      I'm trying to select language from drop-down menu on a webpage by _IEGetObjById but it's  not working, It mean autoit open the page but unable to select my desired value not even by matching text or by value, I'm looking for kind help...I've pastes my Autoit codes below along with source codes(using ie) of the webpage ;
      #include <IE.au3> $site = "http://example.com/upload" $oIE = _IECreate($site) $oDownloadSamples = _IEGetObjById($oIE, "language") $oDownloadSamplesSelect = _IETagNameGetCollection($oDownloadSamples, "select", "language") $oDownloadSamplesSelect.focus _IEFormElementOptionSelect($oDownloadSamplesSelect, "French", 1, "byText") Sleep (1000) _IEFormElementOptionSelect($oDownloadSamplesSelect, "2", 1, "byValue") HTML Codes using IE:
      <html> <head> <div class="form-row"> <div class="col-7"> <label>Language</label> <select name="language" class="select" id="language"> <option value="1">English</option> <option value="2">French</option> <option value="3">German</option> <option value="4">Italian</option> <option value="5">Japanese</option> <option value="6">Spanish</option> <option value="7">Russian</option> <option value="8">Hindi</option> <option value="9">Arabic</option> <option value="10">Chinese</option> <option value="11">Dutch</option> <option value="12">Finnish</option> <option value="13">Korean</option> <option value="14">Norwegian</option> <option value="15">Portuguese</option> <option value="16">Romanian</option> <option value="17">Serbian</option> <option value="18">Croatian</option> <option value="20">Polish</option> <option value="21">Afar</option> <option value="22">Abkhazian</option> <option value="23">Afrikaans</option> <option value="24">Amharic</option> <option value="25">Assamese</option> <option value="26">Aymara</option> <option value="27">Azerbaijani</option> <option value="28">Bashkir</option> <option value="29">Belarusian</option> <option value="30">Bulgarian</option> <option value="31">Bihari</option> <option value="32">Bislama</option> <option value="33">Bengali/Bangla</option> <option value="34">Tibetan</option> <option value="35">Breton</option> <option value="36">Catalan</option> <option value="37">Corsican</option> <option value="38">Czech</option> <option value="39">Welsh</option> <option value="40">Danish</option> <option value="41">Bhutani</option> <option value="42">Greek</option> <option value="43">Esperanto</option> <option value="44">Estonian</option> <option value="45">Basque</option> <option value="46">Persian</option> <option value="47">Fiji</option> <option value="48">Faeroese</option> <option value="49">Frisian</option> <option value="50">Irish</option> <option value="51">Scots/Gaelic</option> <option value="52">Galician</option> <option value="53">Guarani</option> <option value="54">Gujarati</option> <option value="55">Hausa</option> <option value="56">Hungarian</option> <option value="57">Armenian</option> <option value="58">Interlingua</option> <option value="59">Interlingue</option> <option value="60">Inupiak</option> <option value="61">Indonesian</option> <option value="62">Icelandic</option> <option value="63">Hebrew</option> <option value="64">Yiddish</option> <option value="65">Javanese</option> <option value="66">Georgian</option> <option value="67">Kazakh</option> <option value="68">Greenlandic</option> <option value="69">Cambodian</option> <option value="70">Kannada</option> <option value="71">Kashmiri</option> <option value="72">Kurdish</option> <option value="73">Kirghiz</option> <option value="74">Latin</option> <option value="75">Lingala</option> <option value="76">Laothian</option> <option value="77">Lithuanian</option> <option value="78">Latvian/Lettish</option> <option value="79">Malagasy</option> <option value="80">Maori</option> <option value="81">Macedonian</option> <option value="82">Malayalam</option> <option value="83">Mongolian</option> <option value="84">Moldavian</option> <option value="85">Marathi</option> <option value="86">Malay</option> <option value="87">Maltese</option> <option value="88">Burmese</option> <option value="89">Nauru</option> <option value="90">Nepali</option> <option value="91">Occitan</option> <option value="92">(Afan)/Oromoor/Oriya</option> <option value="93">Punjabi</option> <option value="94">Pashto/Pushto</option> <option value="95">Quechua</option> <option value="96">Rhaeto-Romance</option> <option value="97">Kirundi</option> <option value="98">Kinyarwanda</option> <option value="99">Sanskrit</option> <option value="100">Sindhi</option> <option value="101">Sangro</option> <option value="102">Serbo-Croatian</option> <option value="103">Singhalese</option> <option value="104">Slovak</option> <option value="105">Slovenian</option> <option value="106">Samoan</option> <option value="107">Shona</option> <option value="108">Somali</option> <option value="109">Albanian</option> <option value="110">Siswati</option> <option value="111">Sesotho</option> <option value="112">Sundanese</option> <option value="113">Swedish</option> <option value="114">Swahili</option> <option value="115">Tamil</option> <option value="116">Telugu</option> <option value="117">Tajik</option> <option value="118">Thai</option> <option value="119">Tigrinya</option> <option value="120">Turkmen</option> <option value="121">Tagalog</option> <option value="122">Setswana</option> <option value="123">Tonga</option> <option value="124">Turkish</option> <option value="125">Tsonga</option> <option value="126">Tatar</option> <option value="127">Twi</option> <option value="128">Ukrainian</option> <option value="129">Urdu</option> <option value="130">Uzbek</option> <option value="131">Vietnamese</option> <option value="132">Volapuk</option> <option value="133">Wolof</option> <option value="134">Xhosa</option> <option value="135">Yoruba</option> <option value="136">Zulu</option> <option value="19">Other</option> </select> </div> </main> </body> </html>  
    • kawliga751
      By kawliga751
      I am trying to script the opening of multiple tabs in IE with each tab having a separate login/password. I have been able to make a successful script that will open 3 separate IE sessions with the correct webpage and login or a script that will open 3 tabs in one session (which I want) but will not login. I have tried _IECreate, IEAttach etc. This is the script I am currently using . 
      #include <IE.au3> Const $navOpenInNewTab = 0x0800 Dim $oIE = _IECreate('http://asag.xxxxxxx.com/AAAA/index.htm') ;$o_IE.Navigate2('http://asag.xxxxxxx.com/apps/yyyyyyy/LogInSAG/login.asp', $navOpenInNewTab) ;$o_IE.Navigate2('http://asag.xxxxxxx.com/apps/yyyyyyy/LogInSAG/login.asp', $navOpenInNewTab) Call ("YYYYYYYSignIn") Func YYYYYYYSignIn () Local $username = _IEGetObjByName ($oIE,"uname") Local $password = _IEGetObjByName ($oIE,"pword") $oIE.Navigate2('http://asag.xxxxxxx.com/apps/xxxxxxx/LogInSAG/login.asp',2048) _IEFormElementSetValue ($username, "xxxxxxx") _IEFormElementSetValue ($password, "xxxxxxx") Send('{Enter}') EndFunc Call ("xxxxxxxSignIn") Func xxxxxxxSignIn () __IENavigate($oIE, "https://soa1gui.xxxxxxx.biz/gateway/NFServlet;jsessionid=1E3B8F6520DE0A1EC914A8ABB7E86341?NFH_MessageId=&NFH_Page=%2fpages%2fsearch%2fsearch.jsp", 1, 0x800) Local $domain = _IEGetObjByName ($oIE,"NF_CustomerID") Local $User_Name = _IEGetObjByName ($oIE,"NF_UserName") Local $Password = _IEGetObjByName ($oIE,"NF_Password") _IEFormElementSetValue ($domain, xxxxxxx") _IEFormElementSetValue ($User_Name, "xxxxxxx") _IEFormElementSetValue ($Password, "xxxxxxx") ;Send('{Enter}') EndFunc  
    • milos83
      By milos83
      How can I check if element is focused in Firefox using FF.au3 UDF?
      This is my try:
      I have prepared a function that checks if the object is focused:

_FFCmd('FFau3.isfocused=function isfocused(a){try{return (a === document.activeElement)}catch(e){return}}') $oElm = _FFXPath("//*[@id='someId']") ConsoleWrite(_FFIsFocused($oElm)) Func _FFIsFocused($sElement = "") Local $isFoc = _FFCmd("FFau3.isfocused(" & $sElement & ")") Return $isFoc EndFunc ;==>_FFIsFocused Now, the javascript part is tested and it does return successfully.
      After a lot of try/fails I inserted an alert box in order to display the object being compared.
      Here is what I got

The focused object is: [object XULElement]
      The object that I send for comparing is [object HTMLInputElement]
      Why is that?