Sign in to follow this  
meisandy

Get windows created by the program

Hi guys,

This is just a general query, but it is related to >one of my previous topics in some ways. If a program generates 'sub-windows', i.e if file download dialogs are created that belong to the script's process, is there any way to return an array or something with the information, or handles for these windows?

Hopefully that makes sense.

Thanks in advance

Look helpfile winlist function

Local $var = WinList()

For $i = 1 To $var[0][0]
    ; Only display visble windows that have a title
    If $var[$i][0] <> "" And IsVisible($var[$i][1]) Then
        MsgBox(0, "Details", "Title=" & $var[$i][0] & @LF & "Handle=" & $var[$i][1])
    EndIf
Next

Func IsVisible($handle)
    If BitAND(WinGetState($handle), 2) Then
        Return 1
    Else
        Return 0
    EndIf

EndFunc   ;==>IsVisible

or maybe also WinGetProcess () can do to your case

here something similar?

bye

small minds discuss people average minds discuss events great minds discuss ideas.... and use AutoIt....

#include <Array.au3>

#include <WinAPI.au3>
$hWin = WinGetHandle("your window") ; This is the parent window
$iPID = WinGetProcess($hWin)
$iCurrentPid = ""
$aWin = WinList()
For $i = UBound($aWin)-1 To 0 Step -1
    _WinAPI_GetWindowThreadProcessId($aWin[$i][1], $iCurrentPid)
    If $iCurrentPid <> $iPID Then
        _ArrayDelete($aWin,$i)
    EndIf
Next

_ArrayDisplay($aWin)

or:

#include <constants.au3>
#include <WinAPI.au3>
$hWin = WinGetHandle("your window") ; This is the parent window
$iPID = WinGetProcess($hWin)

$hWin = _WinAPI_GetWindow($hWin, $GW_HWNDFIRST)
$end= _WinAPI_GetWindow($hWin, $GW_HWNDLAST)

$iCurrentPid = ""
While True
    $hWin = _WinAPI_GetWindow($hWin, $GW_HWNDNEXT)
    _WinAPI_GetWindowThreadProcessId($hWin, $iCurrentPid)
    If $iCurrentPid = $iPID Then
        ConsoleWrite($hWin & " state=[" & WinGetState($hWin) & "] title=[" & WinGetTitle($hWin) & "]" & @CRLF)
    EndIf
    If $hWin = $end Then ExitLoop
WEnd
; many of the handles returned will not be visible, but you can add checks on the wingetstate inside the if statement

Edited by jdelaney

IEbyXPATH-Grab IE DOM objects by XPATH IEscriptRecord-Makings of an IE script recorder ExcelFromXML-Create Excel docs without excel installed GetAllWindowControls-Output all control data on a given window.

Thank you very much everyone. You all showed me exactly what I was looking for!

I'm going to mark jdelaney's answer as the one that solved the topic, but only because it is the more complete of the three. :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By DesireDenied
      Hey guys,
      I having some hard times getting false-positive, probably because I am trying to execute my AutoUpdater.
      Here is my code:

Global $iUpdateTimer = 0 While 1 checkUpdates(10) WEnd Func checkUpdates($iDelay = 10) $iDelay = $iDelay * 1000 * 60 If TimerDiff($iUpdateTimer) > $iDelay Then ConsoleWrite('checking for updates...' & @CRLF) $iUpdateTimer = TimerInit() If FileExists('AutoUpdater.exe') Then ShellExecuteWait('AutoUpdater.exe') ; this is the line which cause my problem EndIf EndFunc And AutoUpdater code:
      #include <MsgBoxConstants.au3> #include <FileConstants.au3> Global $sExecName = 'test.exe' Global $sUpdatePath = @UserProfileDir &'\desktop\AnyAppName\update\'& $sExecName Global $sUserPath = @UserProfileDir &'\desktop\AnyAppName\'& $sExecName Global $sCopyright = 'someUniqueStringHere' If Not FileExists($sUpdatePath) Then Exit 0 If FileGetVersion($sUpdatePath, $FV_LEGALCOPYRIGHT) <> $sCopyright Then Exit 0 ; checking if we really want to update and execute the file If FileGetVersion($sUpdatePath) > FileGetVersion($sUserPath) Then $iResponse = MsgBox(BitOR($MB_YESNO, $MB_ICONQUESTION),'AnyAppName', 'There is an update available, would you like to update?') If $iResponse == $IDYES Then If ProcessExists($sExecName) Then ProcessClose($sExecName) Sleep(500) EndIf FileCopy($sUpdatePath, $sUserPath, $FC_OVERWRITE) Sleep(3000) ShellExecute($sUserPath) Exit 1 EndIf EndIf Exit 0 I am not trying to ask, why is my code is getting recognized as false-positive, because this is quite obvious, but is there any other way to get things done without running external process?

• By nacerbaaziz
      hello autoit team
      please i need your help today
      am trying to make the list of features in list view and control it
      am using the dism command line to read output
      i've made the code
      but i found some problems
      what i need is the list of features in 2d array
      $array[$n][0]= name $array[$i][1] = state
      when i tested the code
      it give me some results that i don't need to it e.g
      ------ ------  | --------
      or
      name       | state
      i need just the list of features and there state
      please help me to do that
      here is my example
      #RequireAdmin #NoTrayIcon #include <AutoItConstants.au3> Wow64EnableWow64FsRedirection(false) _Windows_Get_Features() func _Windows_Get_Features() local $a_FeaturesArray[1][2] $a_FeaturesArray[0][0] local $i_Dism_Run = Run("DISM /online /english /get-features /format:table", "", @sw_hide, BitOR($STDERR_CHILD, $STDOUT_CHILD)) local $s_OutputDism = "", $a_OutPutDism While 1 $s_OutputDism = StdoutRead($i_Dism_Run) If @error Then exitLoop if ($s_OutputDism = "") or (StringRegExp($s_OutputDism, "^((\-){1,})?(?:\s)\|?(?:\s)((\-){1,})$", 0) = 1) then ContinueLoop if (StringRegExp($s_OutputDism, "((([\s\d\-\+\_\,]{1})\|([\s\d\-\+\_\,]{1})){1,})", 0) = 1) then $a_OutPutDism = StringSplit($s_OutputDism, @lf) for $i = 1 to $a_OutPutDism[0] if msgBox(1, $i, $a_OutPutDism[$i]) = 1 then exitLoop next endIf Wend endFunc func Wow64EnableWow64FsRedirection($b_Enabled) local $h_OpenFS = DLLOpen("kernel32.dll") local $Return = DllCall($h_OpenFS, "boolean", "Wow64EnableWow64FsRedirection", "boolean", $b_Enabled) if @error then DLLClose($h_OpenFS) Return SetError(@error, @extended, -1) else DLLClose($h_OpenFS) Return $Return[0] endIf endFunc  
    • By nacerbaaziz
      hello autoit team
      is there any wey to check if any process run as admin or no?
      i mean e.g if i want to restart any process, now i have the ability to get the process path and commands line
      what i need is a wey to check if the process was runing as admin or no to restart it with the same state.
      here is the part that am using it to restart the process
      func _processRestart($i_pid, $s_ProcessPath) if not (ProcessExists($i_ProcessPid)) then return SetError(1, 0, -1) local $s_ProcessWorkDir = _WinAPI_GetProcessWorkingDirectory($i_ProcessPid) ProcessClose($i_ProcessPid) ProcessWaitClose($i_ProcessPid) ProcessWait(ShellExecute($i_pid,"", $s_ProcessWorkDir)) ProcessesGetList() return true endFunc thanks in advance
    • By nacerbaaziz
      question about _WinAPI_CreateWindowEx
      good morning
      welcome autoit team
      please i need your help
      i've searched a lot about how to use the _WinAPI_CreateWindowEx
      finally i found an example
      but i found some problem i hope you can help me
      firstly, i want to set the controls focussable with the keyboard input
      i already used the ws_tabStop but it did not work with me.
      secondly, i want to set some access keys linked with the window
      such as control+o enable the open button and control+f4 exit the app
      note: i need a local access keys and not a global hotkeys
      such as GUISetAccelerators
      finaly, before i will put the code here i must clarify a few things.
      1. you will ask me why you don't use the GUICreate function
      here i'll tell you that it as dialog and It is a little heavy in motion with screen readers.
      the screen readers for blind has some function that work with dialogs and others work with full windows style
      2. you will ask me why you didn't search the net for that?
      i will tell you that all examples that i found in the internet with pdfs and Picture books.
      i found some examples in microsoft but it with cpp.
      ok here is the code
      i hope you can help me to do what i want
      thank you in advance

; Small AutoIt Application that uses Windows API ; Written by Yuraj #NoTrayIcon #include <_RegisterClassEx.au3> #include <WinAPI.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> #include <ButtonConstants.au3> #include <EditConstants.au3> #include <FontConstants.au3> AutoItSetOption("MustDeclareVars", 1) ; Window definitions Const $WinWidth = 370 Const $WinHeight = 350 Const $WinXPos = (@DesktopWidth / 2) - ($WinWidth / 2) Const $WinYPos = (@DesktopHeight / 2) - ($WinHeight / 2) Const $WinTitle = "Win32 Application - Text reader" Const $WinClass = "mainapp" Const $WinIcon = _WinAPI_LoadIcon(_WinAPI_GetModuleHandle("shell32.dll"), 13) ; Windows handles Global $hwnd, $edit1, $btn1, $btn2 ; Fonts Global $fnt1 ; Register class, Create the window Local $retVal = __WinAPI_RegisterClassEx($WinClass, "WindowCallback", $WinIcon, 0, _WinAPI_GetSysColor($COLOR_BTNFACE), BitOR($CS_DEFAULTSTYLE, $CS_DROPSHADOW)) ; If $retVal == 0 Then ; If registerclass fails MsgBox(16, "Error", "Error while registering window class!") Exit EndIf ; Create windows/controls $hwnd = _WinAPI_CreateWindowEx($WS_EX_STATICEDGE, $WinClass, $WinTitle, BitOR($WS_OVERLAPPED,$WS_SYSMENU, $WS_MINIMIZEBOX, $WS_GROUP, $WS_DLGFRAME), $WinXPos, $WinYPos, $WinWidth, $WinHeight, 0) $btn1 = _WinAPI_CreateWindowEx(0, "button", "Open file ...", BitOR($WS_VISIBLE, $WS_CHILD, $WS_TABSTOP, $WS_CLIPCHILDREN), 25, 270, 100, 30,$hwnd) $btn2 = _WinAPI_CreateWindowEx(0, "Button", "Exit", BitOR($WS_VISIBLE, $WS_CHILD, $WS_TABSTOP, $WS_CLIPCHILDREN), 235, 270, 100, 30, $hwnd) $edit1 = _WinAPI_CreateWindowEx(0, "edit", "text", BitOR($WS_VISIBLE, $WS_CHILD, $WS_VSCROLL, $ES_AUTOVSCROLL, $es_readOnly, $WS_TABSTOP), 5, 5, $WinWidth - 15, $WinHeight - 100, $hwnd) ; Set controls identifiers _WinAPI_SetWindowLong($btn1,$GWL_ID,150) _WinAPI_SetWindowLong($btn2,$GWL_ID,160) ; Set (controls) fonts $fnt1 = _CreateFont("MS Sans Serif", 15) _WinAPI_SetFont($btn1, $fnt1) _WinAPI_SetFont($btn2, $fnt1) _WinAPI_SetFont($edit1, $fnt1) ; Set focus to edit _WinAPI_SetFocus($edit1) ; Show window _WinAPI_ShowWindow($hwnd) _WinAPI_UpdateWindow($hwnd) ; Main loop that keep application opened While 1 Sleep(100) WEnd ;=================================================================; ; WINDOW CALLBACK ... ;=================================================================; Func WindowCallback($_hwnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam) Local $iNC, $iID Switch $iMsg ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; Case $WM_CLOSE ; Show message on closing If MsgBox(48 + 4, $WinTitle, "Do you want really exit?", 0, $hwnd) <> 6 Then Return 0 ; Call destructor and then exit main thread FinalizeApp() Exit ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; Case $WM_COMMAND $iNC = _WinAPI_HiWord($wParam) $iID = _WinAPI_LoWord($lParam) Switch $iNC Case $BN_CLICKED ; When is control clicked Switch _WinAPI_GetDlgCtrlID($iID) Case _WinAPI_GetDlgCtrlID($btn1) BtnOpenFileClick() Case _WinAPI_GetDlgCtrlID($btn2) BtnExitClick() EndSwitch EndSwitch ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; EndSwitch Return _WinAPI_DefWindowProc($_hwnd, $iMsg, $wParam, $lParam) EndFunc ;==>WindowCallback Func FinalizeApp() _WinAPI_DeleteObject($fnt1) _WinAPI_DestroyWindow($hwnd) __WinAPI_UnregisterClass($WinClass) EndFunc ;==>FinalizeApp Func _CreateFont($fontName, $height = 16, $style = $FW_NORMAL, $italic = False, $underline = False, $strikeout = False) Local $hFont = _WinAPI_CreateFont($height, 0, 0, 0, $style, $italic, $underline, $strikeout, $DEFAULT_CHARSET, _ $OUT_DEFAULT_PRECIS, $CLIP_DEFAULT_PRECIS, $DEFAULT_QUALITY, $DEFAULT_PITCH, $fontName) Return $hFont EndFunc ;==>_CreateFont ;=================================================================; ; WINDOW EVENTS ;=================================================================; Func BtnOpenFileClick() Local $ret = _WinAPI_GetOpenFileName("", "Text files (*.txt)|All files (*.*)", ".", "", "", 1, 0, 0, $hwnd) If ($ret[0] > 0) Then Local $path = $ret[1] & "\" & $ret[2] Local $file = _WinAPI_CreateFile($path, 2, 2) Local $buf = DllStructCreate("byte[" & _WinAPI_GetFileSizeEx($file) & "]") Local $i = 0 _WinAPI_ReadFile($file, DllStructGetPtr($buf), _WinAPI_GetFileSizeEx($file), $i) ; Close file handle _WinAPI_CloseHandle($file) _WinAPI_SetWindowText($edit1, BinaryToString(DllStructGetData($buf, 1))) EndIf EndFunc ;==>BtnOpenFileClick Func BtnExitClick() FinalizeApp() Exit EndFunc ;==>BtnExitClick  
      _RegisterClassEx.au3
    • By Saravanan2213
      Hi everyone,
      i just need your help. i have script for cleaning browsing history and other unwanted file but the problem is i don't want to see the GUI i have attached below. It should not show anything on the screen. is it possible to do it in autoit. thanks in advance.

So for i have tried flag
      Run("rundll32.exe InetCpl.cpl,ClearMyTracksByProcess 255", "", @SW_HIDE)
      @SW_DISABLE

Looking forward your help.........