Active Directory Tool: Userinfo

Marc

Hi all,

a long time ago I wanted a comfortable tool to get information of a specified user in our active directory.
After some searching I decided to create my own tool and "Userinfo" was born.

• displays all useful information about the user (retrieved from active directory)
  • displays the PCs/NCs the user has (if this information can be retrieved from a database)
  • displays the list of neighbours of the current user
  • compares the active directoy groups of the selected user with another user
  • unlock a locked account

Feel free to adjust it to your needs ;)

Credits go to:

Update 2018-03-08:

Release of v3.43.

Changes from 2.80: ehrm, plenty. Multilanguage support is removed, but this version is translated to english.

This time, the Zip file includes two versions:

1. the stripped-down version, which uses only the active directory. This version should run out-of-the-box (hehe, a Domain is required. Wouldn't make much sense otherwise, would it?)
  2. the 'full' version. This needs to be adopted to your environment, because it requires some SQL Database connections to get information about the user's PC

Update 2022-02-21:

Release of v4.07

Changes:

• now the Userinfo uses waters excellent AD.UDF instead of some code of it
  • improved interface
  • lots of new abilities
  • now uses the loga.udf to create a Logfile if started from scite or if the compiled exe ist launched with the /log parameter
  • now there is not a stripped-down version and a "full version" of the code. Instead, before trying any database connection, the server to be queried is checked via ping. So the code should run out-of-the-box without changes, and you can edit the database queries to fit to your environment

81787014_2022-02-2108_11_01-Window.thumb.png.3bdad510590a3f6e7421887dc6709067.png

best regards,
Marc

Userinfo.zip userinfo_english v3.43.zip Userinfo 4.07.zip

Edited by Marc

Any of my own codes posted on the forum are free for use by others without any restriction of any kind. (WTFPL)

Good looking example :thumbsup:

I'm going to post a link on the Active Directory Example Scripts thread.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

• 2 years later...

because of what I have an error

---------------------------

We intercepted a COM Error!

Number is: 80005000

Windescription is:

err.description is:

err.source is:

err.helpfile is:

err.helpcontext is:

err.lastdllerror is: 0

err.retcode is:

Script Line number is: 605
OK

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2.12.2015 at 7:34 AM, araneon said:

It seems to understand.
It was necessary to to specify the domain on 597 line?
Funk finde_domaene ($ user = "", $ domaene = "DOMANE.RU")

Hi araneon, sorry for the late reply - after two years, I did not expect questions to come up ;)

You can add a domain name here as default, which wil be used if no domain is chosen in the GUI. At least on my PC, the GUI displays all Domains known to the PC in the Listbox.

Any of my own codes posted on the forum are free for use by others without any restriction of any kind. (WTFPL)

On 11.7.2016 at 7:10 PM, Battalion said:

are you still supporting this? when I click on "Neighbours" I get a COM error:

Hi Battalion,

sorry for the late answer. I am still using this tool (but in a different version - not multilingual and somewhat tweaked to fit in our specific environment).

Anyway, the function suche_nachbarn() does rely on the active directory having set the "physicalDeliveryOfficeName". I suppose the crash occures here, do you have a line number where the error occures to investigate this?