Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sumitd

Differentiate between 2 windows with same name/title

10 posts in this topic

How do i  differentiate between 2 windows with same name/title ?

Though both have same name but content and processing fields is different.

And 1 of the window may not appear all the time while the script executes.

Tried with WinWaitActive ( "<title>" , " " , 1000 ), but not able to differentiate.

Any suggestions?

Hi,

Each window has a handle which is unique, you can do a WinList with a title then keep the handles when you have differentiated the windows.

Br, FireFox.

OS : Win XP SP2 (32 bits) / Win 7 SP1 (64 bits) / Win 8 (64 bits) | Autoit version: latest stable / beta.
Hardware : Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10Ghz / 8 GiB RAM DDR3.

My UDFs : Skype UDF | TrayIconEx UDF | GUI Panel UDF | Excel XML UDF | Is_Pressed_UDF

My Projects : YouTube Multi-downloader | FTP Easy-UP | Lock'n | WinKill | AVICapture | Skype TM | Tap Maker | ShellNew | Scriptner | Const Replacer | FT_Pocket | Chrome theme maker

My Examples : Capture toolIP Camera | Crosshair | Draw Captured Region | Picture Screensaver | Jscreenfix | Drivetemp | Picture viewer

My Snippets : Basic TCP | Systray_GetIconIndex | Intercept End task | Winpcap various | Advanced HotKeySet | Transparent Edit control

hi sumitd

have you tryed to use the second parameter of the WinWaitActive() function?,
it is used to search a text inside the windows body instead of only the title

bye

small minds discuss people average minds discuss events great minds discuss ideas.... and use AutoIt....

hi Prodigy,

I tried with the text option in WinWaitActive() function, but it doesn't seem to differentiate.

FireFox,

how do I use WinList and the handle to differentiate between windows? (In my case 1 of the window may not appear all the time)

#6 ·  Posted (edited)

I don't know what you mean by "not appear", if this mean hidden then try this :

Local $aWl = WinList("mytitle")
If $aWl[0][0] = 0 Then Exit 1

Local $hWndNotAlwaysVisible = 0

While 1
    For $i = 1 To $aWl[0][0]
        If IsVisible($aWl[$i][1]) = 0 Then
            $hWndNotAlwaysVisible = $aWl[$i][1]
            ExitLoop 2
        EndIf
    Next
    Sleep(10)
WEnd

WinSetState($hWndNotAlwaysVisible, "", @SW_SHOW)

Func IsVisible($hWnd)
    If BitAND(WinGetState($hWnd), 2) Then Return 1
    Return 0
EndFunc   ;==>IsVisible
Br, FireFox. Edited by FireFox

OS : Win XP SP2 (32 bits) / Win 7 SP1 (64 bits) / Win 8 (64 bits) | Autoit version: latest stable / beta.

My UDFs : Skype UDF | TrayIconEx UDF | GUI Panel UDF | Excel XML UDF | Is_Pressed_UDF

My Projects : YouTube Multi-downloader | FTP Easy-UP | Lock'n | WinKill | AVICapture | Skype TM | Tap Maker | ShellNew | Scriptner | Const Replacer | FT_Pocket | Chrome theme maker

My Examples : Capture toolIP Camera | Crosshair | Draw Captured Region | Picture Screensaver | Jscreenfix | Drivetemp | Picture viewer

My Snippets : Basic TCP | Systray_GetIconIndex | Intercept End task | Winpcap various | Advanced HotKeySet | Transparent Edit control

If it is possible use a hidden label and search for this text in a loop of Winlist.

Then get hwnd of the win you want to identify.

Greetings

Adom

Thanks! :bye:

Greetings

Andrew

Firefox,

The window is not hidden. What I meant was that the windows are a part of installation process and both window pop out if only a previous installation is detected,

else only 1 of the window appears in the installation process.

~sumitd

hm. The only way for you to differentiate them is to read their text using the ControlGetText function (use the Au3Info tool for that).

Br, FireFox.