How Can I Work With A FlowPanel?

I have an autoit script that has been automating around 150 sql scripts every morning for the past year. this saves me and my team at work over 4 labor hours everyday. The autoit script is working through another program that hosts these 150 sql datablocks. I can normally communicate with controls and boxes in the sql datablocks in order to run them. Well the problem is that program holding these sql datablocks has updated their software (Long overdue). But the update had changes with the GUI, so now the controls i was using in autoit will now longer work, because they are not using buttons anymore. There are all now in a "TFlowPanel"

Has anyone worked with a FlowPanel? It seems to just be a group of predeterminded buttons, however the control is only a panel control, I cannot referrance anything inside the flowpanel!? Does anyone have any advice or experiance working with these?

Why do you automate the application? Can't you access the SQL datablocks and directly execute them with AutoIt?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Why do you automate the application? Can't you access the SQL datablocks and directly execute them with AutoIt?

Well I dont think I can run the blocks outside of the application. I can export a datablock, and it will export as xml, however it has settings for the application that i believe will only run through the application. by the way im speaking of Argos by Evisions if anyone has used that

Did you try the AutoIt Window Info tool? Do you get a ControlId for the TFlowPanel control?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Do the buttons themself have a different ControlId?

Can you post a screenshot of the Window Info Tool?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Ive attached a screen shot of the TFlowPanel. I need to be able to click that save button. however if i hover over it with the info tool it does not give me control ids for those buttons, only the flowpanel, or the drop down, and some other controls on the page. I have even tried to use a focuscontrol command to choose the TFlowPanel, then tab over to the buttons, but it simply just tabs to the next control which i think was a TPanel :-(

I have been pursuring another option also, which is scripting an ODBC direct connection and running sql from the script. But im also having some trouble getting that to work properly with some of the SQL text/formatting. I would much prefer to work through my argos sql application

post-79478-0-35735500-1376406661_thumb.p

If it is not possible to access the save "button" by ControlId you could use Au3Recorder to record a session. The recorder uses mousmoves and clicks to automate an application.

This only works reliable if you always have the same window size and position and the same screen resolution.

Maybe as a workaround until you find a final solution?

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

yea, I had the same thought. However, the script has to run on a locked/or disconnected remote machine. This will work with control IDs, but it will not run on mouse or pixel location because technically the display is off, so there are no pixels or location to referrance

Hi AndrewT

if the tab key on the keyboard is used, do the buttons of the TFlowPanel  get the focus?

or is there some keyboard shortcut to activate the button's functions?

Edited by Pincopanco

image.jpeg.9f1a974c98e9f77d824b358729b089b0.jpeg Chimp

small minds discuss people average minds discuss events great minds discuss ideas.... and use AutoIt....