Excel files as Data Sources

Hey All,

I was wondering if someone could help point me in the right direction here.

Could I keep a few CSV files and have them act as datasources or tables to write some SQL queries to handle in my scripts.

I wanted to keep it simple and keep a few Excel CSV files with some information that our users at work can update easily.

My goal is to build some pricing and updating features into some scripts I am going to write for different customers so I need to bounce it off of something.

I want to make this plug an play and still be quick for some other offices within my company.  So I wanted to avoid just setting up a database for it, because

information can change week to week and it will be managed by departments for specific customers.

Would SQL lite be something I can use for this?  I'm trying to look at the most efficient way to do this without reading all the excel sheets to arrays because

that can take quite a bit of time.

A bit new to programming but have some DB2 sql knowledge and scripting experience so any ideas or help greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

You can use ADO to access CSV or Excel files as data sources. I suggest to use Excel files because it is easier if you manually need to modify them.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Thanks Water!  ActiveX Data Objects I'm assuming, and can I program directly into the scripts?  Wasn't sure if I can set variables using SQL like structure or if it's just completely different.

I'll take your word for it though and start trying to find out as much information on the net as I can.

With the correct provider you can access a CSV, Excel or whatever like a MySQL database.

I started to describe ADO & AutoIt in the Wiki (still work in progress).

In the forum you will a few examples describing how to access Excel using ADO.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

:)

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki