AutoIt Script doesn't run until I login to the computer via TeamViewer...

Hyflex

Hey Guys,

I have a pretty advanced script on one of my computers which runs and does stuff every few hours and basically the computer is never turned of and only logged into on teamviewer.

It was turned on a few days ago, I logged into the operating system manually (not on teamviewer) and then left it and only logged in over teamviewer.

If the script was set to run at 03:00AM and I checked it at 06:00 as soon as I logged into the computer is exactly when it starts...

How do I get around this so it starts correctly when it should?

You need to give us more information.

How do you start the script? What does your script do? Interact with the screen? Etc.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
OutlookEX_GUI (2021-04-13 - Version 1.4.0.0) - Download
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Excel - Example Scripts - Wiki
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

You need to give us more information.

How do you start the script? What does your script do? Interact with the screen? Etc.

The script is constantly running 24/7

Functions are time initiated by simple code like:

$sNow = @HOUR & ":" & @MIN & ":" & @SEC
If $sNow = "12:00:00" Then
The script then interacts with the screen using MouseClick, MouseMove, ControlClick, Send, ControlSend, _ScreenCapture_Capture, PixelChecksum, ImageSearch

I'm sure not all of the listed functions work when the user is logged off.

Which program do you automate? Maybe there is a more reliable way to do what you want to do.

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:
Active Directory (NEW 2022-02-19 - Version 1.6.1.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
ExcelChart (2017-07-21 - Version 0.4.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts
OutlookEX (2021-11-16 - Version 1.7.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Outlook Tools (2019-07-22 - Version 0.6.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki
PowerPoint (2021-08-31 - Version 1.5.0.0) - Download - General Help & Support - Example Scripts - Wiki
Task Scheduler (NEW 2022-07-28 - Version 1.6.0.1) - Download - General Help & Support - Wiki

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

I'm sure not all of the listed functions work when the user is logged off.

Which program do you automate? Maybe there is a more reliable way to do what you want to do.

The user is logged in though, autoit just seems to do nothing until it senses a human (logging in on teamviewer for example)

The program I'm automating only 50~ people have access to it, it's a private company program which isn't in the public domain.

Then you either need to do some error checking AFTER any of the commands you listed has been executed or write to a log file BEFORE. So you know where the script "hangs".

My UDFs and Tutorials:

Spoiler

UDFs:

Standard UDFs:
Word - Wiki

Tutorials:
ADO - Wiki
WebDriver - Wiki

Then you either need to do some error checking AFTER any of the commands you listed has been executed or write to a log file BEFORE. So you know where the script "hangs".

It hangs on simple tasks, only until I login to the computer then it starts and I can log back out.

If the computer is locked or not logged on you can't use MouseClick, MouseMove, Send, and more than likely the screen capture/image search functions.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator