Sign in to follow this  
Rickname

How to get the Title of a Link ?

Rickname

How can I take the title of a link, just like the browsers does ? For example , as you know, all the tabs from the browser, have a name, based on what link is opened in them. So how can I take that name of a link with AutoIT and without the help of the browser ?

Edited by Rickname

Rickname

Yes, the examples are the best methods to explain it better :

I uploaded the picture :post-78453-0-62370700-1391375658_thumb.j

That titles I want to extract, NOT EXACTLY THIS ONES , but any title from any link !

Edited by Rickname

Palestinian

Look up WinGetTitle in the help file.

Chimp

have a look to all the _IE* function in the help

maybe the _IELinkGetCollection function can be of help for your case

when you have a reference to the link, use the .href property to "extract" the url of that link

(see the example in the help)

EDIT:

sorry, misunderstood your question
what you need should be the ".document.title" property
if you use IE try this as example:

#include <IE.au3>
$oIE = _IECreate("www.autoitscript.com")
MsgBox(0,"",$oIE.document.title)
Edited by PincoPanco

small minds discuss people average minds discuss events great minds discuss ideas.... and use AutoIt....

Rickname

Great Information Danp2 ! I did what you said, and it worked :

So you just need to get the source of the webpage via this function : _IEDocReadHTML() , then extract the text that is enclosed between the <title> </title> tags !

Thats the name of the link !

Thankyou so much !

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• kingjacob90
      By kingjacob90
      Hay guys
      Just had an idea and wanted to know where to start. I want to download a screenshot of a website automatically into a .png .jpg ect format so I can then set it as my desktop background.
      This might be for for news: When the latest news is added to a website a screenshot of that website is saved and added to my desktop background.
      I have tried using website that already do the screenshot but you have to open the website and click the button for it to generate one and thus InetGet does not help.
      Any Ideas?
      By 31290
      Hi everyone, hope you are doing fine
      Well, I'm currently writing a small script that goes to a certain web page, finds the first link of a specified section and download the file associated to this link.
      Depending on the computer that the tool is launched, the script gets the computer model and search in the (provided here) ini file which link to follow.
      At first, Dell was kind enough to provide only one link but now, they provide two of them. The first one is now a .txt file (  ) whereas my script has been designed to download only the fist and latest link released for the BIOS Update.

Here's the current code which is working with only the first and latest link of the BIOS category:
      So the question is: 
      In the case of double links like shown in the picture above, how it is possible to tell the script to download only the link containing an the .exe file?
      Of course, I could have changed the array result to [1] instead of [0] [which is working] but it seems that Dell does that randomly and that I deal with a lot of computer models.
      Thanks for the help you can provide, 
      -31290-

SEE_BIOS_LINKS.ini
    • Nareshm
      By Nareshm
      Its Possible To auto Login with autoit script ?
    • ur
      By ur
      I saw few UDFs related to IE and Firefox to automate tasks related to these browsers.

But is it possible to automate tasks like drag and drop in the website.?
      Like in the below video.
      If not can you tell me some alternatives, as it is not possible in selenium as I heard.
      drag_and_drop.mp4
    • AnonymousX
      By AnonymousX
      Hello,
      I need to pull data from company intranet website. I created a script that I can give a list of project numbers and it will open up the the related webpage for each project, save the html comments for that project, then move on to the next. 
      However my problem comes in that each time I open up a project it locks it for other users, and if you just exit the page it keeps it locked, you have to actually press the "close" button on the page. So I'm not sure how to deal with this as I end up just locking every project in my name when I run my program as I don't understand the nature of how the website is built. I don't understand how to close with just using my automation code without manually having to press the stupid button. 
      My Function:
      Func Getscript($ProjectAddress) ;getting the page source code and storing it into text file for easy reading it $file = FileOpen(@ScriptDir & "\source.txt", 10) $IE = _IECreate($ProjectAddress & ".html", 0, 0) $source = _IEDocReadHTML($IE) FileWrite($file, $source) $target_source = _StringBetween($source, "<BODY>", "</BODY>") ; only take content between the specified tags _IEQuit($IE) FileClose($file) return $target_source[0] EndFunc ;==>Getscript  
      Source Code I got from website that I think is relevant:
      function closeForm(){ if(topButtonEnabled("closeButton")){ parent.mainFrame.closeForm(); } } <button id="closeButton" class="saveCloseButton" style="LEFT: 77px;" onclick=closeForm()>&nbsp;Close&nbsp;</button>  
      Any Ideas of how to tell website to either activate the closeform function or just give it the command to close?

Thanks