Scintilla DLL with AUtoIT?

JohnOne,

#include <WinAPI.au3>

MsgBox(0, "Native AutoIt", "Yoo Hoo!")

_WinAPI_MsgBox(0, "_WinAPI AutoIt", "Yoo Hoo!")

;http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms645505(v=vs.85).aspx
DllCall("User32.dll", "int", "MessageBox", "HWND", 0, "str", "Yoo Hoo!", "str", "DllCall AutoIt", "UINT", 0)

that's a good start  :)

Just read the page from the link you gave me.

I have a few questions about this:

DllCall("User32.dll", "int", "MessageBox", "HWND", 0, "str", "Yoo Hoo!", "str", "DllCall AutoIt", "UINT", 0)

Why did you have to type "int" before "MessageBox"  :think: is that the return number?

also, "UINT", 0 what is 'UINT'? I know its a 32 bit integer but why? and why 0 before "HWND"?

Sorry for al the questions  :P , I hope i'm not bother you with this questions...

; Calling the MessageBox API directly. DllCall("user32.dll", "int", "MessageBox", _         "hwnd", 0, _ ; Handle to the parent window         "str", "Some text", _ ; The text of the message box         "str", "Some title", _ ; The title of the message box         "int", 0) ; Flags for the message box.
TheAutomator.

Why did you have to type "int" before "MessageBox" :think: is that the return number?

The return type.

Help file says of second parameter "The return type of the function"

MSDN says

Return value

Type: int

UINT is unsigned int

Help file says "an unsigned 32 bit integer"

0 is not before HWND it's after it, the type you want to pass to dll is HWND, the value of it

is 0.

AutoIt Absolute Beginners    Require a serial    Pause Script    Video Tutorials by Morthawt   ipify 

Monkey's are, like, natures humans.

Ok guys, I try'd to study "ScriptEditor 1.7 - Forums Release" and "ISN AutoIt Studio" but wow,

that's not simple!

The files from ScriptEditor 1.7 don't even contain a call to the SciLexer.dll and the rest of the code is Chinese for me..

also the 'AU3' scripts in the folder with it won't work because they can't find some UDF include-files that are missing...

Same with ISN AutoIt Studio source code, comment is written in German and also a lot of code for a newbie to even understand..

I tried my best but it's a little bit to advanced for now, what I need is just a simple peace of small code that shows me how to use the SciLexer.dll with a few lines of code..

Thanks for the support already!

TheAutomator.

Hey TheAutomator,

Im the developer of the ScriptEditor and I'm VERY sorry! I forgot to include the Libs folder in the archive the last time! So many thanks for pointing this out. Please re-download the ZIP file. It includes every necessary file now...

As a starting point:

As I don't use any build-in lexer module of scilexer.dll, I'm using my own AutoIt functions for it. To analyse my lexing (colouring) or folding code, start at _GUICtrlLex_StyleIt or _GUICtrlLex_FoldIt in _LexingUDF.au3. It is mainly called from function LEX_WM_NOTIFY.

Perhaps it will make some things clearer. And if it doesn't feel free to ask...

Regards,

Holger

Edited by pandel