Sign in to follow this  
perfaram

Shell icons...

perfaram

Hi all !

I'm looking for arrow icons in the Windows Explorer :

Adding-Folder-UP-arrow-to-Windows-7-and-

(The 2 similar ones in this pic)

I think they're in a system DLL... but which one ? (Not in shell32, nor in user32)

Any help appreciated !

Never forget to mark a question as resolved, this button has been purposely created :-P 

BrewManNH

It's not included in Windows, that up arrow is from an add-on.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude
How to ask questions the smart way!

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

perfaram

Yes, I know... Actually, I'm looking for the 2 other ones ;-)

Never forget to mark a question as resolved, this button has been purposely created :-P 

BrewManNH

You could always make your own icons, or find them on the net somewhere if you can't find the exe or dll they're in.

If I posted any code, assume that code was written using the latest release version unless stated otherwise. Also, if it doesn't work on XP I can't help with that because I don't have access to XP, and I'm not going to.
Give a programmer the correct code and he can do his work for a day. Teach a programmer to debug and he can do his work for a lifetime - by Chirag Gude

I hereby grant any person the right to use any code I post, that I am the original author of, on the autoitscript.com forums, unless I've specifically stated otherwise in the code or the thread post. If you do use my code all I ask, as a courtesy, is to make note of where you got it from.

Back up and restore Windows user files _Array.au3 - Modified array functions that include support for 2D arrays.  -  ColorChooser - An add-on for SciTE that pops up a color dialog so you can select and paste a color code into a script.  -  Customizable Splashscreen GUI w/Progress Bar - Create a custom "splash screen" GUI with a progress bar and custom label.  -  _FileGetProperty - Retrieve the properties of a file  -  SciTE Toolbar - A toolbar demo for use with the SciTE editor  -  GUIRegisterMsg demo - Demo script to show how to use the Windows messages to interact with controls and your GUI.  -   Latin Square password generator

perfaram

Yes... but the easiest way to make them different in Win7, in WinXP or Win8 is to use its path.

BrewManNH

That's assuming that they're actually icons in the first place.

Richard Robertson

You aren't given license to use those images. It's not like Microsoft will care, but they aren't for public use.

Have you considered looking in the resources for explorer.exe or even iexplore.exe?

funkey

I didn't find the arrows, but wmploc.dll are similar ones.

Here some pics with the icons: http://www.techrepublic.com/pictures/windows-7-files-that-contain-icons/1/

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to
build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe
trying to produce bigger and better idiots.
So far, the Universe is winning.

perfaram

Thanks a BIG HUGE LOT funkey, this link will be really useful ! Will take a look !

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• buymeapc
      By buymeapc
      Hi all,
      I'm trying to create a listview with subitem icons and I achieved this by simply rearranging the order of the columns, so that the first column is in the middle, thus appearing as a subitem with an icon - this method prevents the "icon clipping" that happens when using subitem icons in a listview. My issue is that when I select a row that does not have an icon, the space where the icon would be is white. Is there a way to make this transparent, so it looks like the entire row is selected?
      Here's an example - click the second listview item/row to see a blank space where the icon would be.
      #include <GuiConstantsEx.au3> #include <GuiListView.au3> #include <GuiImageList.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> _Main() Func _Main() Local $hGui, $listview, $hImage Local $iLV_EXStyle_NoChecks = BitOR($LVS_EX_GRIDLINES, $LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT, $LVS_EX_SUBITEMIMAGES, $LVS_EX_DOUBLEBUFFER, $LVS_EX_HEADERDRAGDROP) $hGui = GUICreate("Listview Test With Icons", 400, 300) $listview = GUICtrlCreateListView("Col 1|Col 2|Col 3", 2, 2, 394, 268, BitOR($LVS_REPORT, $LVS_SHAREIMAGELISTS)) _GUICtrlListView_SetExtendedListViewStyle($listview, $iLV_EXStyle_NoChecks) GUISetState() ; Create the image list $hImage = _GUIImageList_Create(16, 16, 5, 3) _GUIImageList_AddIcon($hImage, @SystemDir & "\shell32.dll", 165) _GUICtrlListView_SetImageList($listview, $hImage, 1) ; Set the order so the first column is moved to the middle, ; acting like a subitem with an icon _GUICtrlListView_SetColumnOrder($listview, "1|0|2") ; Add the items GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("Item1|Item2|Item3", $listview) GUICtrlCreateListViewItem("Item4|Item5|Item6", $listview) ; Set an icon for just the first item _GUICtrlListView_SetItemImage($listview, 0, 0) Do Until GUIGetMsg() = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE GUIDelete() EndFunc ;==>_Main  
    • GordonFreeman
      By GordonFreeman
      Hi, i searched some topics but cannot found a simple way to do that:
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> $Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 615, 438, 192, 124) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) ; I tried this but user reported that it work in 2006, not seems work actually $filemenu = GUICtrlCreateMenu ("&File") $fileitem = GUICtrlCreateMenuitem ("Open",$filemenu) GuiCtrlSetImage($fileitem, "shell32.dll", 4) While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit EndSwitch WEnd Also tried:
      #include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #include <WindowsConstants.au3> $Form1 = GUICreate("Form1", 615, 438, 192, 124) GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) $filemenu = TrayCreateMenu("&File") $fileitem = TrayCreateItem("Open",$filemenu) ;GuiCtrlSetImage($fileitem, "shell32.dll", 4) ;GuiCtrlSetImage(TrayItemGetHandle($fileitem), "shell32.dll", 4) While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit EndSwitch WEnd Well.. thanks in advance!

Ok. I found this working example from Yashied. If i cannot find a simple then i will go with it
      #Include <GUIConstantsEx.au3> #Include <GUIMenu.au3> #Include <Constants.au3> #Include <WinAPI.au3> #Include <WindowsConstants.au3> Opt('MustDeclareVars', 1) Global $hMenu, $hForm, $hFile = 1000, $idNew, $idExit $hForm = GUICreate('Menu', 400, 300) $hFile = _GUICtrlMenu_CreateMenu() _GUICtrlMenu_InsertMenuItem ($hFile, 0, ' &Favorites', $idNew) _GUICtrlMenu_InsertMenuItem ($hFile, 1, '', 0) _GUICtrlMenu_InsertMenuItem($hFile, 2, ' E&xit', $idExit) $hMenu = _GUICtrlMenu_CreateMenu() _GUICtrlMenu_InsertMenuItem($hMenu, 0, '&File', 0, $hFile) _GUICtrlMenu_SetMenu($hForm, $hMenu) _GUICtrlMenu_SetItemBmp($hFile, 0, _CreateBitmapFromIcon(_WinAPI_GetSysColor($COLOR_MENU), @SystemDir & '\shell32.dll', 43, 16, 16)) _GUICtrlMenu_SetItemBmp($hFile, 2, _CreateBitmapFromIcon(_WinAPI_GetSysColor($COLOR_MENU), @SystemDir & '\shell32.dll', 27, 16, 16)) GUISetState() Do Until GUIGetMsg() = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Func _CreateBitmapFromIcon($iBackground, $sIcon, $iIndex, $iWidth, $iHeight) Local $hDC, $hBackDC, $hBackSv, $hIcon, $hBitmap $hDC = _WinAPI_GetDC(0) $hBackDC = _WinAPI_CreateCompatibleDC($hDC) $hBitmap = _WinAPI_CreateSolidBitmap(0, $iBackground, $iWidth, $iHeight) $hBackSv = _WinAPI_SelectObject($hBackDC, $hBitmap) $hIcon = _WinAPI_PrivateExtractIcon($sIcon, $iIndex, $iWidth, $iHeight) If Not @error Then _WinAPI_DrawIconEx($hBackDC, 0, 0, $hIcon, 0, 0, 0, 0, $DI_NORMAL) _WinAPI_DestroyIcon($hIcon) EndIf _WinAPI_SelectObject($hBackDC, $hBackSv) _WinAPI_ReleaseDC(0, $hDC) _WinAPI_DeleteDC($hBackDC) Return $hBitmap EndFunc ;==>_CreateBitmapFromIcon Func _WinAPI_PrivateExtractIcon($sIcon, $iIndex, $iWidth, $iHeight) Local $hIcon, $tIcon = DllStructCreate('hwnd'), $tID = DllStructCreate('hwnd') Local $Ret = DllCall('user32.dll', 'int', 'PrivateExtractIcons', 'str', $sIcon, 'int', $iIndex, 'int', $iWidth, 'int', $iHeight, 'ptr', DllStructGetPtr($tIcon), 'ptr', DllStructGetPtr($tID), 'int', 1, 'int', 0) If (@error) Or ($Ret[0] = 0) Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0) EndIf $hIcon = DllStructGetData($tIcon, 1) If ($hIcon = Ptr(0)) Or (Not IsPtr($hIcon)) Then Return SetError(1, 0, 0) EndIf Return $hIcon EndFunc ;==>_WinAPI_PrivateExtractIcon Ok, i noticed that is a pain create submenu with _GUICtrlMenu_CreatePopup to do like in Tray, and Tray better located, then i need images/icon with Tray functions, some workaround?? 
    • WoodGrain
      By WoodGrain
      Hi All,
      I'm using UseTraySetIcon("shell32.dll", xx) to set my tray icon to a specific icon while running, is there a way I can specify this icon when I compile my script into an exe so my exe icon is the same?
      Thanks!
    • nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      Hi guys
      I have an inquiry please
      I want an example of how to add an icon file to the compiled autoit file and how to use it in GUICtrlCreateIcon
      Preferably in a separate list within the resourceFor example myIcons
      I hope my request is clear and I hope you will help me solve this problem
      Because I found an example in the help files but I did not understand the method well
    • amimemeami
      By amimemeami
      I have a simple script that switches between IE and Chrome for the default browser, I even made a custom half chrome half ie icon for it. Question is, can I have the script toggle between two icons to signify the last browser it changed to? I would have the active browser's half of the icon in color, and inactive half grey scale. As a workaround, I put link next to it, and refresh the icon cache after it runs. 
      #RequireAdmin #Region ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** #AutoIt3Wrapper_Icon=..\..\Icons\IE_Chrome.ico #AutoIt3Wrapper_Outfile=..\..\..\..\Users\dmking\Desktop\Browser Switcher.exe #EndRegion ;**** Directives created by AutoIt3Wrapper_GUI **** $sCurrentDefault = RegRead('HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Associations\UrlAssociations\http\UserChoice',"ProgId") if $sCurrentDefault = "IE.HTTP" Then     ChromeDefault() Else     IEDefault() EndIf ;~ Run("ie4uinit.exe -ClearIconCache") Run("C:\Windows\System32\ie4uinit.exe -ClearIconCache") Func IEDefault()     RegWrite("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Associations\UrlAssociations\ftp\UserChoice","Progid","REG_SZ","IE.FTP")     RegWrite("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Associations\UrlAssociations\http\UserChoice","Progid","REG_SZ","IE.HTTP")     RegWrite("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Associations\UrlAssociations\https\UserChoice","Progid","REG_SZ","IE.HTTPS")     RegWrite("HKCU\Software\Clients\StartMenuInternet","","REG_SZ","IEXPLORE.EXE") EndFunc Func ChromeDefault()     RegWrite("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Associations\UrlAssociations\ftp\UserChoice","Progid","REG_SZ","ChromeHTML")     RegWrite("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Associations\UrlAssociations\http\UserChoice","Progid","REG_SZ","ChromeHTML")     RegWrite("HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Associations\UrlAssociations\https\UserChoice","Progid","REG_SZ","ChromeHTML")     RegWrite("HKCU\Software\Clients\StartMenuInternet","","REG_SZ","Google Chrome") EndFunc