Sign in to follow this  
Graeme

Compiling scripts in non admin Windows 8

Graeme

I have a new Windows 8 computer and it won't compile scripts in my non admin account but it will in the admin account which is fine except that I want to use the non admin account.

I have a simple script

MsgBox(0,"Test","This is running")

and this is the output I get when I try to compile it.

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /ShowGui /in "C:UsersGraeme_2DocumentsTestNon.au3"
+>10:58:14 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.2.0.3 SciTE v.3.4.1.0   Keyboard:00000809  OS:WIN_81/  CPU:X64 OS:X64    Environment(Language:0809)
+>         SciTEDir => C:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3SciTE   UserDir => C:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3SciTEAutoIt3Wrapper
-> No changes made..
>Running AU3Check (1.54.22.0)  from:C:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3  input:C:UsersGraeme_2DocumentsTestNon.au3
+>10:58:21 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.8.1):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Aut2Exe\aut2exe.exe  /in "C:UsersGraeme_2DocumentsTestNon.au3" /out "C:UsersGraeme_2AppDataLocalAutoIt v3Aut2exe~AU3yjbyxti.exe" /nopack /comp 2
!>10:58:21 Aut2exe.exe ended errors because the target exe wasn't created, abandon build. (C:UsersGraeme_2AppDataLocalAutoIt v3Aut2exe~AU3yjbyxti.exe)rc:9999
+>10:58:21 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.
>Exit code: 0    Time: 7.94

Any ideas about how I can compile programs in this account welcome.

Blessings

computergroove

You could run autoit as administrator. Does that work when you are logged into the non admin account?

Get Scite to add a popup when you use a 3rd party UDF -> http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/docs/SciTE4AutoIt3/user-calltip-manager.html

Graeme

Thanks for the suggestion, computergroove, I tried running aut2exe directly and I didn't need to run it as administrator but it worked! That's a step in the right direction.

Thanks Jokky, unfortunately I looked at the permissions and changed what I could see to give me full permission but that didn't work. Actually, the non admin account already had full access. Is it possible that when I run Aut2exe from within SciTE that this is seen as someone else?

I still can't compile from within SciTE but being able to compile with Aut2exe directly is a big help.

Any other thoughts on what might be blocking the compilation would be gratefully received.

Blessings

PainTain

Any other thoughts on what might be blocking the compilation would be gratefully received.

Any AV's maybe?

Turn it off (or disable it for this folder) and try again.

computergroove

try to create the compiled script on the user desktop and see if that works. This is a  security issue with the user type and Windows 8. Sometimes you can copy / make files on your own desktop,

Get Scite to add a popup when you use a 3rd party UDF -> http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/docs/SciTE4AutoIt3/user-calltip-manager.html

Jos

There is no need to run SciTE in Admin.

Did you get any error from AUT2EXE when you run from SciTE?

What are the #AutoIt3Wrapper_ Directives in this script?

Give the current Beta a try to see if that contains any fixes that could be the root cause.

Jos

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions  - Beta files                                How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Graeme

Thanks everyone. I got it sussed. :thumbsup: Actually it was something you said long ago Joss, that got me on the 'right' track. :thumbsup: You said, in another thread, to take out UPX and I think I tried that or found that it wasn't checked. Then as I watched the Aut2exe compiling I saw that it called UPX. So I tried compiling with UPX and everything works fine.

By the way I'd tried the AV earlier - that seems to be a common problem but it wasn't my problem. I don't know why I need UPX in my non admin account and I don't in the admin one... at least maybe I'll go there next and see if it was in fact checked..

Oh by the way - I'm still stuck using AutoIT 3.3.8.1 as all the new versions that I've tried can't handle running scripts that have #requireadmin. I struck another yesterday that I had to recompile with 3.3.8.1 in order for it to run at all. So using the latest beta wouldn't help me. :

Have a good day.

Blessings all

Graeme

Edited by Graeme

Jos
Oh by the way - I'm still stuck using AutoIT 3.3.8.1 as all the new versions that I've tried can't handle running scripts that have #requireadmin. I struck another yesterday that I had to recompile with 3.3.8.1 in order for it to run at all. So using the latest beta wouldn't help me. :

What is the problem with #requireadmin and the new version?

Show a snippet that demonstrates the issue and explain what the issue is.

Jos

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions  - Beta files                                How to post scriptsource        Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• drapdv
      By drapdv
      So, I have this odd issue happening with UIAWrappers.  When I run simplespy.au3 through SciTE, it finds the object I'm trying to work with, no problem. But, when I compile simplespy.exe, it can't find it.  Another script that utilizes UIAWrappers is experiencing the same phenomenon. EDIT: Compiling as 32-bit or 64-bit does not affect this behavior.
      The trouble starts at the very first object I try to get via _UIA_getObjectByFindAll, so I included the $properties2Match array and the object properties that were returned by _UIA_getPropertyValue for that first object both when running from SciTE and when compiled.
      It always finds the matches for the title and control type properties.  But when compiled, it fails to find the Automation ID property.  Any ideas as to why this would be happening?  Hoping junkew will see this and have an idea.

These are the $properties2Match
      30005|Screen/PVN - ###.###.##.## - CDK Drive|0|False
      30003|50032|0|False
      30011|Portal|0|False

Object properties when running from SciTE:
      <propertymatching>       
              j:1 propID:[30005] expValue:[Screen/PVN - ###.###.##.## - CDK Drive]actualValue:[Screen/PVN - ###.###.##.## - CDK Drive]1
              j:2 propID:[30003] expValue:[50032]actualValue:[50032]1
              j:3 propID:[30011] expValue:[Portal]actualValue:[Portal]1  
      </propertymatching>

Object properties when script is compiled:
      <propertymatching>
              j:1 propID:[30005] expValue:[Screen/PVN - ###.###.##.## - CDK Drive]actualValue:[Screen/PVN - ###.###.##.## - CDK Drive]1
              j:2 propID:[30003] expValue:[50032]actualValue:[50032]1
              j:3 propID:[30011] expValue:[Portal]actualValue:[]0  
      </propertymatching>

• FrancescoDiMuro
      By FrancescoDiMuro
      Good evening everyone
      I was trying to compile my executable, adding #pragma directives instead of #AutoIt3Wrapper* directives, and, I don't know why the #pragma compile doesn't add the Author field to the executable.

These are the directives:
      #pragma compile(Author, 'Surname Name') ; or #pragma compile(Author, Surname Name)
      and this is the output, in both cases:

- #pragma directive Author found but don't understand it so will ignore: #pragma compile(Author, 'Surname Name') - #pragma directive Author found but don't understand it so will ignore: #pragma compile(Author, Surname Name) What am I missing?
      Thanks

Francesco
    • griefman
      By griefman
      Hi everyone,
      i am writing to you after a very long struggle i had while trying to figure out how to send a simple click inside a virtual machine running in vmware workstation 14.
      i have an autoit script running on my host machine watching for the UAC prompt to be displayed in a running vm. Both the host and the guest OS are Windows 10. This script worked perfectly with virtual box. It recognized the UAC prompt and clicked inside and the UAC was accepted. Since i switched to VMware Workstation 14, the script no longer clicks inside the VM successfully. It acts as if it clicks, but it doesn't. 
      I tried sending key combinations instead of a click, so that the VM can grab the input, but it also did not work. Every attempt that i made to send clicks or keys from the host inside the VM did not work. I tried using:
      MouseClick
      ControlClick
      MouseMove
      _WinAPI_Mouse_Event
      _WinAPI_Keybd_Event

I also noticed that while the cursor moves to the target which has to be cilcked when my vmware worstation window is not focused, it even doesn't do that when i WinActivate the vmware workstation window first.

Did anyone experience such an issue, or maybe could give me a hint, what else i could use to send a key combination or a mouse click in a vmware workstation 14 pro guest window?

here is my code, which works with virtualbox:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Icon=".\uac.ico" #include <ImageSearchSubrogated.au3> FileInstall(".\ImageSearchDLL.dll", ".\ImageSearchDLL.dll", 0) FileInstall(".\UAC_ginloSetup.bmp", ".\UAC_ginloSetup.bmp", 0) FileInstall(".\UAC_Yes.bmp", ".\UAC_Yes.bmp", 0) ; set global variables for the coordinates, which should be delivered global $x1 = 0, $y1 = 0 global $x2 = 0, $y2 = 0 global $counter1 = 0 global $counter2 = 0 global $sleep = 10000 global $smallSleep = 5000 ; execute the script in a loop, so that it will hopefully recover from some unexpected errors While $counter1 < 1 checkForImage() WEnd #cs ------------ Functions #ce ------------ Func checkForImage() While $counter2 < 1 ; search for the UAC in the entire screen - 2 screens supported local $searchUac = _ImageSearchArea('UAC_ginloSetup.bmp', 1, -2568, -8, 5136, 1440, $x1, $y1, 0) If $searchUac = 1 Then ; if the UAC was found search for the Yes button in a an area 200 x 200 from the middle of the found UAC image local $searchYes = _ImageSearchArea('UAC_Yes.bmp', 1, $x1, $y1, $x1 + 200, $y1 + 200, $x2, $y2, 0) If $searchYes = 1 Then ; if the Yes button was found click it and pause the script for $sleep seconds MouseClick("left", $x2, $y2, 1,0) Sleep($sleep) Else ; if the Yes button was not found retry from the beginning in $smallSleep seconds MsgBox(0, "UAC found error", "UAC was found but the 'Yes' button was not found. Script will retry in " & $smallSleep & " seconds.", $smallSleep) EndIf ; another way to accept the UAC - via shortcut ;Send("{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}") ;Send("!y") Else ; if UAC was not found try again in $sleep seconds Sleep($sleep) EndIf WEnd ; if some error occured which expired the loop, pause the script for $sleep seconds MsgBox(0, "Error", "Some Error expired the timer and the script could not recover. The script will restart in " & $sleep & " seconds.", $sleep) EndFunc  
    • Barrtrek
      By Barrtrek
      I get the "Unable to add resources" error related to AppData\Local\AutoIt v3\Aut2Exe when compiling with a large FileInstall of a 1.5GB file.  Is there a size limit I need to be aware of?  I've also disabled or removed Trend from three different machines and had the same results.  I've had issues like this in the past but have compiled after the Aut2Exe folder was excluded in AV.  That doesn't seem to be the problem this time around.  If I comment out the FileInstall the script compiles successfully.
    • Earthshine
      By Earthshine
      This baby can do almost any language! I found Gleany on this site and set it up on a fresh win10 install. all i would need to do to make it build an exe of the search files app we discovered is the .NET Target Framework download to build 100 % but the exe works and generates! You also need to add the path the the version of csc.exe that you want to run. MSBuild is part of .NET and can read your .csproj file.
      YOU can develop .NET OR C/C++ on this baby!
      Super lightweight (fit for crappy laptops), and you can use any dev compilers you wish, Ming, MS, etc, whatever.
      To use the build, you need to open the csproj file, else, to check your syntax it can compile individual files as well. The warning are because I do not have the .NET 4.6 Targeting Pack installed... LOL, and I could get rid of the Core warning, yes, I did not want to build a .NET Core.dll I wanted a live x64 exe! Told you MSBUILD could handle .CSPROJ, .VBPROJ, and all others Microsoft. Don't let Visual Code or Visual Studio slow you down, although, this works with Visual Code as well but there is only debugging in CORE.DLL projects

ListFiles Example.zip