Sign in to follow this  
Graeme

Compiling scripts in non admin Windows 8

I have a new Windows 8 computer and it won't compile scripts in my non admin account but it will in the admin account which is fine except that I want to use the non admin account.

I have a simple script

MsgBox(0,"Test","This is running")

and this is the output I get when I try to compile it.

>"C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /ShowGui /in "C:UsersGraeme_2DocumentsTestNon.au3"
+>10:58:14 Starting AutoIt3Wrapper v.2.2.0.3 SciTE v.3.4.1.0   Keyboard:00000809  OS:WIN_81/  CPU:X64 OS:X64    Environment(Language:0809)
+>         SciTEDir => C:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3SciTE   UserDir => C:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3SciTEAutoIt3Wrapper
-> No changes made..
>Running AU3Check (1.54.22.0)  from:C:Program Files (x86)AutoIt3  input:C:UsersGraeme_2DocumentsTestNon.au3
+>10:58:21 AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.3.8.1):C:\Program Files (x86)\AutoIt3\Aut2Exe\aut2exe.exe  /in "C:UsersGraeme_2DocumentsTestNon.au3" /out "C:UsersGraeme_2AppDataLocalAutoIt v3Aut2exe~AU3yjbyxti.exe" /nopack /comp 2
!>10:58:21 Aut2exe.exe ended errors because the target exe wasn't created, abandon build. (C:UsersGraeme_2AppDataLocalAutoIt v3Aut2exe~AU3yjbyxti.exe)rc:9999
+>10:58:21 AutoIt3Wrapper Finished.
>Exit code: 0    Time: 7.94

Any ideas about how I can compile programs in this account welcome.

Blessings

Thanks for the suggestion, computergroove, I tried running aut2exe directly and I didn't need to run it as administrator but it worked! That's a step in the right direction.

Thanks Jokky, unfortunately I looked at the permissions and changed what I could see to give me full permission but that didn't work. Actually, the non admin account already had full access. Is it possible that when I run Aut2exe from within SciTE that this is seen as someone else?

I still can't compile from within SciTE but being able to compile with Aut2exe directly is a big help.

Any other thoughts on what might be blocking the compilation would be gratefully received.

Blessings

Any other thoughts on what might be blocking the compilation would be gratefully received.

Any AV's maybe?

Turn it off (or disable it for this folder) and try again.

try to create the compiled script on the user desktop and see if that works. This is a  security issue with the user type and Windows 8. Sometimes you can copy / make files on your own desktop,

Get Scite to add a popup when you use a 3rd party UDF -> http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/docs/SciTE4AutoIt3/user-calltip-manager.html

There is no need to run SciTE in Admin.

Did you get any error from AUT2EXE when you run from SciTE?

What are the #AutoIt3Wrapper_ Directives in this script?

Give the current Beta a try to see if that contains any fixes that could be the root cause.

Jos

Thanks everyone. I got it sussed. :thumbsup: Actually it was something you said long ago Joss, that got me on the 'right' track. :thumbsup: You said, in another thread, to take out UPX and I think I tried that or found that it wasn't checked. Then as I watched the Aut2exe compiling I saw that it called UPX. So I tried compiling with UPX and everything works fine.

By the way I'd tried the AV earlier - that seems to be a common problem but it wasn't my problem. I don't know why I need UPX in my non admin account and I don't in the admin one... at least maybe I'll go there next and see if it was in fact checked..

Oh by the way - I'm still stuck using AutoIT 3.3.8.1 as all the new versions that I've tried can't handle running scripts that have #requireadmin. I struck another yesterday that I had to recompile with 3.3.8.1 in order for it to run at all. So using the latest beta wouldn't help me. :

Have a good day.

Blessings all

Graeme

Edited by Graeme

Oh by the way - I'm still stuck using AutoIT 3.3.8.1 as all the new versions that I've tried can't handle running scripts that have #requireadmin. I struck another yesterday that I had to recompile with 3.3.8.1 in order for it to run at all. So using the latest beta wouldn't help me. :

What is the problem with #requireadmin and the new version?

Show a snippet that demonstrates the issue and explain what the issue is.

Jos