Sign in to follow this  
RogerRabbitsClone

Fun with UAC!!!! Please help.

RogerRabbitsClone

So im trying to install office 2013 via the OEM click to run app which i get through with "send()" but i need to disable UAC and reboot because of the prompt. you can do this by changing some registry keys but i cant for the life of me get this to run. when i run the following from cmd:

;Run('C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /k %windir%System32reg.exe ADD "HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionWinlogon" /v DefaultPassword /t REG_SZ /d password /f ')
it tells me the operation completed sucsessfully and the values have changed. when i run the same command from autoit it tells me it was sucsessful however the registry values have not changed. ive tried running as administrator and as a regular user but no dice. ive tried regwrite and also using @comspec. these are the only 4 values i need to change, can someone shed some light on where im going wrong?

;Run('C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /k %windir%\System32\reg.exe ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /v AutoAdminLogon /t REG_SZ /d 1 /f ')
RegWrite("HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon", "AutoAdminLogon", "REG_SZ", "1")
sleep(1000)
;Run('C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /k %windir%\System32\reg.exe ADD "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /v DefaultUserName /t REG_SZ /d Admin /f ')
RegWrite("HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon", "DefaultUserName", "REG_SZ", "Admin")
sleep(1000)
;Run('C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /k %windir%\System32\reg.exe ADD "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon" /v DefaultPassword /t REG_SZ /d password /f ')
RegWrite("HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon", "DefaultPassword", "REG_SZ", "password")
sleep(1000)
;Run('C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /k %windir%\System32\reg.exe ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System" /v EnableLUA /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f ')
RegWrite("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System", "EnableLUA", "REG_DWORD", "0")
sleep(4000)
Shutdown(6)

<--a good way to start you day

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• antonioj84
      By antonioj84
      Hi all to the forum guru and expert I am trying to  automate this. in the registry  I have the network profile name network 2 and network   I want to  change their  CATEGORY  to Private .  Can someone lead me in the right direction.
      Private is 1 and Public is 0
      #RequireAdmin Global $sHKLMRoot = @OSArch = "x64" ? "HKLM64" : "HKLM" RegWrite($sHKLMRoot &"\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\NetworkList\NewNetworks" ,'/v NetworkList /t REG_MULTI_SZ /d 00000000 /f') see  attached picture below
      Much appreaciate

• griefman
      By griefman
      Hi everyone,
      i am writing to you after a very long struggle i had while trying to figure out how to send a simple click inside a virtual machine running in vmware workstation 14.
      i have an autoit script running on my host machine watching for the UAC prompt to be displayed in a running vm. Both the host and the guest OS are Windows 10. This script worked perfectly with virtual box. It recognized the UAC prompt and clicked inside and the UAC was accepted. Since i switched to VMware Workstation 14, the script no longer clicks inside the VM successfully. It acts as if it clicks, but it doesn't. 
      I tried sending key combinations instead of a click, so that the VM can grab the input, but it also did not work. Every attempt that i made to send clicks or keys from the host inside the VM did not work. I tried using:
      MouseClick
      ControlClick
      MouseMove
      _WinAPI_Mouse_Event
      _WinAPI_Keybd_Event

I also noticed that while the cursor moves to the target which has to be cilcked when my vmware worstation window is not focused, it even doesn't do that when i WinActivate the vmware workstation window first.

Did anyone experience such an issue, or maybe could give me a hint, what else i could use to send a key combination or a mouse click in a vmware workstation 14 pro guest window?

here is my code, which works with virtualbox:

#AutoIt3Wrapper_Icon=".\uac.ico" #include <ImageSearchSubrogated.au3> FileInstall(".\ImageSearchDLL.dll", ".\ImageSearchDLL.dll", 0) FileInstall(".\UAC_ginloSetup.bmp", ".\UAC_ginloSetup.bmp", 0) FileInstall(".\UAC_Yes.bmp", ".\UAC_Yes.bmp", 0) ; set global variables for the coordinates, which should be delivered global $x1 = 0, $y1 = 0 global $x2 = 0, $y2 = 0 global $counter1 = 0 global $counter2 = 0 global $sleep = 10000 global $smallSleep = 5000 ; execute the script in a loop, so that it will hopefully recover from some unexpected errors While $counter1 < 1 checkForImage() WEnd #cs ------------ Functions #ce ------------ Func checkForImage() While $counter2 < 1 ; search for the UAC in the entire screen - 2 screens supported local $searchUac = _ImageSearchArea('UAC_ginloSetup.bmp', 1, -2568, -8, 5136, 1440, $x1, $y1, 0) If $searchUac = 1 Then ; if the UAC was found search for the Yes button in a an area 200 x 200 from the middle of the found UAC image local $searchYes = _ImageSearchArea('UAC_Yes.bmp', 1, $x1, $y1, $x1 + 200, $y1 + 200, $x2, $y2, 0) If $searchYes = 1 Then ; if the Yes button was found click it and pause the script for $sleep seconds MouseClick("left", $x2, $y2, 1,0) Sleep($sleep) Else ; if the Yes button was not found retry from the beginning in $smallSleep seconds MsgBox(0, "UAC found error", "UAC was found but the 'Yes' button was not found. Script will retry in " & $smallSleep & " seconds.", $smallSleep) EndIf ; another way to accept the UAC - via shortcut ;Send("{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}{TAB}") ;Send("!y") Else ; if UAC was not found try again in $sleep seconds Sleep($sleep) EndIf WEnd ; if some error occured which expired the loop, pause the script for $sleep seconds MsgBox(0, "Error", "Some Error expired the timer and the script could not recover. The script will restart in " & $sleep & " seconds.", $sleep) EndFunc  
    • nacerbaaziz
      By nacerbaaziz
      Hi dear
      With this script you can print Unicode text in the CMD screen
      the script is  easy to use
      just you  write the text that contains Unicode in the first input
      and the script automatically reflect the code in the second input
       you can copy the text to the clipboard
      or you can try printing the text in the CMD window
      I apologize to everyone for colors and shape if not appropriate
      I'm a blind man and I do not see
      Thank you for your understanding
      Greetings to all of youCmdUtM.au3
    • Simpel
      By Simpel
      Hi.
      Thanks to this post (https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/189553-writing-to-cmd/?do=findComment&comment=1361142) I can now write a helpfile to the cmd when for instance passing parameter -h or -help at cmd. But then cmd is blocked by the script (I had to free it with CTRL+BREAK):
      #include <WinAPI.au3> _WinAPI_AttachConsole() $hConsole = _WinAPI_GetStdHandle(1) _WinAPI_WriteConsole($hConsole, "Print helpfile................" & @CRLF) Inside MSDN Library then I found this sentence: A process can use the FreeConsole function to detach itself from its console.
      But I don't find something like _WinAPI_FreeConsole(). How can I do it in another way?
      Regards, Conrad
    • TheAutomator
      By TheAutomator
      A fullscreen console with custom commands!

Introduction:
      Hi everyone!
      This funny project started as a question in the help section:
      https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/174404-edit-detect-key-before-updating-content/
      I'd like to share this script with everyone that is interested. 

Why would I want it?
      You like the old style fullscreen console (like in the old day's), You can add custom commands, You can customize the font a lot more compared to cmd.exe, You can share ideas or add tweaks to the script.  
      Still to do:
      Write a simple custom programming language to implement this tool. Writing a little help file / pdf to describe my little programming language. Add little sound effects like a beep if there is a syntax error (optional). Clean up and modify Console.Au3 content. Add an option to have to type a login password (optional). Make an optional installer that also gives scripts for this tool a custom icon and open with command. ...Call Neo?  
      Thanks to:
      xxaviarxx: debugging, some ideas. jguinch: debugging, adding a bunch of tweaks and ideas. kylomas: debugging, new ideas.  
      Edits and updates:
      Added usage of tab key in edit control Edit has focus now on startup I'm currently rewriting a simple custom programming language to implement this tool.  
      UDF download: Console.au3

Regards
      TheAutomator