Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheAutomator

Click on menubar item

19 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Hello :)

How does Autoit detect when you click on a menu button? (not a sub-menu item, but the actual menu button itself)

$Form = GUICreate("", 410, 270)
    $Menu_Help = GUICtrlCreateMenu("Help")
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

while true
    Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $Menu_Help
        msgbox(0,1,2)
    EndSwitch
wend

Thanks in advance :)

TheAutomator

[EDIT:] Should this be in the gui section?

Edited by TheAutomator

WM_ENTERMENULOOP:

#include <WindowsConstants.au3>

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

GUIRegisterMsg( $WM_ENTERMENULOOP, "WM_ENTERMENULOOP" )

while true
    Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $Menu_Help
          msgbox(0,1,2)
        Case -3
          Exit
    EndSwitch
wend

Func WM_ENTERMENULOOP( $hWnd, $iMsg, $iwParam, $ilParam )
  msgbox(0,1,"WM_ENTERMENULOOP")
EndFunc

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

WM_ENTERMENULOOP:

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

while true
    Switch GUIGetMsg()
        Case $Menu_Help
          msgbox(0,1,2)
        Case -3
          Exit
    EndSwitch
wend

msgbox(0,1,"WM_ENTERMENULOOP")
EndFunc

how do i know which item is clicked on if i have 2 menu heather's?

also just clicking on the menu bar gives the message... 

TheAutomator

Edited by TheAutomator

#4 ·  Posted (edited)

how do i know which item is clicked on if i have 2 menu heather's?

also just clicking on the menu bar gives the message... 

TheAutomator

Local $gFocus = ControlGetFocus('[ACTIVE]') ; get the focus of the menu you are selecting
    MsgBox(0, "", $gFocus) ; tell us
EndFunc
Edited by MikahS

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

Local $gFocus = ControlGetFocus('[ACTIVE]') ; get the focus of the menu you are selecting
    MsgBox(0, "", $gFocus) ; tell us
EndFunc

did you test the script?

because the msgbox is just empty and also it still gives a pop-up when you click on the menu bar..

TheAutomator

#6 ·  Posted (edited)

did you test the script?

because the msgbox is just empty and also it still gives a pop-up when you click on the menu bar..

TheAutomator

Nope, just thought I would throw something out there. Yes, what it is doing is their is not control focused when you click on a menu item because it will instantly take away focus, should have thought of that..

But, maybe..

Local $hts = _HexToString($lparam)
MsgBox(0, "", $hts)
;untested
Edited by MikahS

Snips & Scripts

My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

Nope, just thought I would throw something out there. Yes, what it is doing is their is not control focused when you click on a menu item because it will instantly take away focus, should have thought of that..

But, maybe..

Local $hts = _HexToString($lparam)
Local $stascii = StringToASCIIArray($hts)
Local $t = _ArrayToString($stascii)
MsgBox(0, "", $t)
;untested

nope :(

#8 ·  Posted (edited)

I edited my post, give that one a try as well. You don't need to make it ASCII.

Edited by MikahS

Snips & Scripts

I edited my post, give that one a try as well. You don't need to make it ASCII.

Still not working...

Thanks for the effort but I think its not the right way to do this, I swear I saw an answer on this forum for that exact problem a LONG time ago but I can't find it anymore  :huh:

think it was answered by Melba23 ...

Still not working...

Thanks for the effort but I think its not the right way to do this, I swear I saw an answer on this forum for that exact problem a LONG time ago but I can't find it anymore  :huh:

think it was answered by Melba23 ...

Seems to me like it is time for a wild goose chase ;)

Snips & Scripts

Haha, I guess so  :D

Thanks for the help already btw ;)

My pleasure ;)

I will help on the goose chase but I must get going, Later tonight I will search more :)

Snips & Scripts

TheAutomator,

think it was answered by Melba23

Someone called? :D

Perhaps you mean >this post? But beware you need at least 1 valid menu entry first. ;)

I posted >this other solution a long time ago, but I would recommend the above. :)

M23

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area

TheAutomator,

Someone called? :D

Perhaps you mean >this post? But beware you need at least 1 valid menu entry first. ;)

I posted >this other solution a long time ago, but I would recommend the above. :)

M23

Dang, you're fast ;)

Could it be a blank menu item such as a line made with ""?

Snips & Scripts

MikahS,

Dang, you're fast ;)

I aim to please! :D

M23

1 person likes this

Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind._______My UDFs:

Spoiler

ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes

#16 ·  Posted (edited)

MikahS,

I aim to please! :D

M23

Sometimes I doubt if you are human Melba23,

You never sleep and your everywhere on this forum  :D

Thanks for solving my problem  ;)

Edited by TheAutomator

TheAutomator,

Only too human, alas. ;)

M23

1 person likes this

Spoiler

WM_ENTERMENULOOP

You can do something like this. But menus without menu items are not proper menus.

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

$Menu_File1 = GUICtrlCreateMenu("File1")
$Menu_File2 = GUICtrlCreateMenu("File2",-1)
$Menu_File3 = GUICtrlCreateMenu("File3",-1)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

while true
  Switch GUIGetMsg()
    Case -3
      ExitLoop
  EndSwitch
wend

Local $x = GUIGetCursorInfo()[0]
  Local $i = Int( $x / ( 112 / 3 ) )
  Switch $i
    Case 0
      MsgBox( 0, "", "File1" )
    Case 1
      MsgBox( 0, "", "File2" )
    Case 2
      MsgBox( 0, "", "File3" )
    Case Else
      MsgBox( 0, "", "No menu" )
  EndSwitch
  Return $GUI_RUNDEFMSG
EndFunc

#19 ·  Posted (edited)

WM_ENTERMENULOOP

You can do something like this. But menus without menu items are not proper menus.

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>

$Menu_File1 = GUICtrlCreateMenu("File1")
$Menu_File2 = GUICtrlCreateMenu("File2",-1)
$Menu_File3 = GUICtrlCreateMenu("File3",-1)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

while true
  Switch GUIGetMsg()
    Case -3
      ExitLoop
  EndSwitch
wend

Local $x = GUIGetCursorInfo()[0]
  Local $i = Int( $x / ( 112 / 3 ) )
  Switch $i
    Case 0
      MsgBox( 0, "", "File1" )
    Case 1
      MsgBox( 0, "", "File2" )
    Case 2
      MsgBox( 0, "", "File3" )
    Case Else
      MsgBox( 0, "", "No menu" )
  EndSwitch