Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BlazerV60

Hiding icons/toolbar in an explorer window

4 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

Hello everyone!

I'm working on a GUI that has 2 explorer windows embedded inside of it.

Eventually I'm going to put 4 explorer windows inside of the GUI since it's convenient to have 1 program opened with 4 explorer windows embedded inside it, than having 4 seperate explorer windows opened.

Anyway, I ran into some space problems. I'm trying to remove the icons/toolbar that appears on top of the explorer windows since they take up so much space. Here's a pic of what I mean:

BGiNmrm.png?1

Here's my code:

#include <GUIConstantsEx.au3>
#include <WindowsConstants.au3>
#include <WinAPI.au3>
#include <Constants.au3>

Opt("WinTitleMatchMode", 4) 

Global $hMigration, $hExplHolder, $hExplorer, $hExplorer2, $sStartDir = "C:\"
Global $iWidth = 800, $iHeight = 400

;Create the Explorer GUI
$hExplHolder = GUICreate("Explorer", $iWidth, $iHeight, Default, Default)

Run('explorer.exe /n, "' & $sStartDir & '"')
WinWait("[CLASS:CabinetWClass]") ;Wait until the window appears
WinSetState("[CLASS:CabinetWClass]","",@SW_HIDE)
WinMove($hExplorer, "", 0, 0, 400, 400)
$hExplorer = WinGetHandle("[CLASS:CabinetWClass]")

Run('explorer.exe /n, "' & $sStartDir & '"')
WinWait("[CLASS:CabinetWClass]") ;Wait until the window appears
WinSetState("[CLASS:CabinetWClass]","",@SW_HIDE)
WinMove($hExplorer2, "", 400, 0, 400, 400)
$hExplorer2 = WinGetHandle("[CLASS:CabinetWClass]")

;WinSetState($hExplorer, "", @SW_HIDE)
;WinMove($hExplorer, "", 0, 0, 400, 400)

;WinSetState($hExplorer2, "", @SW_HIDE)
;WinMove($hExplorer2, "", 400, 0, 400, 400)

_WinAPI_SetParent($hExplorer, $hExplHolder) ;Puts the explorer window inside the GUI
_WinAPI_SetWindowLong($hExplorer, $GWL_STYLE, -1064828928) ;Minuses the x button in the windows explorer (I think?)

_WinAPI_SetParent($hExplorer2, $hExplHolder) ;Puts the explorer window inside the GUI
_WinAPI_SetWindowLong($hExplorer2, $GWL_STYLE, -1064828928) ;Minuses the x button in the windows explorer (I think?)

ControlListView($hExplorer, "", "[CLASS:SysListView32; INSTANCE:1]", "ViewChange", "list")
ControlListView($hExplorer2, "", "[CLASS:SysListView32; INSTANCE:1]", "ViewChange", "list")

$hList = GUICtrlCreateListView ("File", $iWidth + 4, 4, 292, 200, 0x0003 + 0x0008 + 0x0004)
GUICtrlSetState (-1, 8)

WinSetState($hExplorer, "", @SW_SHOW)
WinSetState($hExplorer2, "", @SW_SHOW)

GUISetState(@SW_SHOW, $hExplHolder)

While 1
   $msg = GUIGetMsg()
   Switch $msg
      Case -3
         Exit
      Case -13
         GUICtrlCreateListViewItem (@GUI_DRAGFILE, $hList)
   EndSwitch
WEnd

How can I remove those top icons/toolbar so that there's more room for the file listing?

Edit: Extra props to whoever can make it so that the 2 explorer windows not do the brief flash before it disappears into the GUI.

Thanks,

Brian

Edited by BlazerV60

1) have you tried any of these?

http://winaero.com/blog/all-the-ways-to-hide-or-show-explorer-ribbon-in-windows-8/

2) how about using an alternative file manager, which is more customizable (and way, way more usable then the built-in file manager) ? there are many really good ones.

3) also, it may be more elegant to implement a file manager in AutoIt.

Thanks, after reading on the url you just gave me, I figure that I can try making the program perform a Ctrl+F1 press in each window, since that command will hide the ribbon.

I want to eventually make my program look like this:

5qW3K9Z.png?1

Since I have to always move files from one folder to another at work. It can get really messy when I have 4 different explorer windows opened. So I just want to deal with 1 window.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• elsemieni
      By elsemieni
      Hey hello.
      I came here with maybe too specific questions about uncommon things, but as people says, I don't lose anything trying to asking here 
      There's long time that I have a little "experimental" idea: Use windows desktop and it icon system like old videogame consoles (where "sprites" are used to draw things on screen, can be manipulated/animated to make interesting things happen). Some of that inspiration came from another experiments from demoscene.
      Researching the possibilities of doing something like that (maybe not so intense) I found that the Windows Desktop uses a GuiListView to show and arrange icons (and of course, AutoIt provides UDF's for that  ). So, I'm used that UDF to create dummy icons (not putting files on Desktop, just modifiying the "GUI layer" of desktop for put non-working icons), setting custom values like coordinates, name and Icon (from a list of loaded icons in the GuiListView).  As you can see in next image works well in Windows XP... even in Windows 95 (that's not the case from Windows Vista to 10, but I already posted another question here about that... anyways, for now I'm working that with a isolated XP machine... sigh).

Another video doing an animation with that:
      How I make that custom icons? Here:
      $hWnd = ControlGetHandle("Program Manager", "", "[CLASS:SysListView32; INSTANCE:1]") $newItem = _GUICtrlListView_AddItem ( $hWnd, "TEST", 32 ) ; with an icon of index 32 _GUICtrlListView_SetItemPosition ( $hWnd, $newItem, 300, 300 ) ; set some example property. Put in X=300 Y=300 Okay, so the next phase was changing the icons with custom ones. And here starts the issues. As AutoIT help says, icons from GuiListView came from a loaded GUIImageList, which, seeing past images I conclude that it's already preloaded with some sort of most used icons (something like an icon cache?). But If I modify it (or create another GUIImageList and then put into the GuiListView) the icons became corrupted and replaced with blank ones. (can be reverted deleting IconCache.db, just like when windows shows wrong icons in desktop).
      How I change icons? Here
      $hImage = _GUIImageList_Create(48, 48, 5) ; create an image list for 48x48 icons $newIcon = _GUIImageList_AddIcon($imageList, @SystemDir & "\shell32.dll", 110) ; just adding a new icon in the image list _GUICtrlListView_SetImageList($hWnd, $hImage, 0) ; $hwnd is the desktop hwnd Another option as workaround for setting icons was getting the desktop GUIImageList, and modifiyng it directly. I otbtain a GUIImageList handle, but ... without any images inside! (That's strange beacuse, when I set desktop item icons without altering the GUIImageList, it applies correctly). And finally if I try to add new ones, it returns -1 with @error setted.
      How I'm trying to get  desktop GUIImageList? Here.
      $imageList = _GUICtrlListView_GetImageList ( $hWnd, 0 ) MsgBox(0,_GUIImageList_GetImageCount ( $imageList ), $imageList) ; getting image count and GUIImageList handle $newIcon = _GUIImageList_AddIcon($imageList, @SystemDir & "\shell32.dll", 110) ; adding icons without success So, what is the question? There's something wrong I'm doing while trying to set the new icon set on desktop? Or desktop icons work in different way than the rest of the GuiListView's? Or there's something really stupid that I can't saw before that corrupts the icons? 
      Also... if there's not known solution for that, do you have some idea for doing a workaround for that? Or another crazy idea? (Maybe putting real files instead dummy icons could be a solution ... a very slow one). Or even maybe (maybe not, I sure about that xD) do you want to help with this "experiment".
      Thanks in advance, have a good day  
    • Aphotic
      By Aphotic
      Just wanted to share my functions for managing a GUI with lots of controls and many screens.
      I personally feel that it is very efficient and keeps line count to a minimum.
      And if it's not, I'll learn a better solution!
      Note: There are some conditional veriables such as $changes and $cont that are modified by the main loop in this particular script; they are meant as an example, please don't try too hard to understand why they're used.
      *Usage*
      This allows you to re-state a handful of buttons in one line when doing slight GUI changes:
      ToggleCTRL($GUI_DISABLE, $dALO, $dAAF, $dRLA) (A few buttons on a certain screen)
      ToggleCTRL($GUI_DISABLE, $dSAV, $dCAN) (Save/Cancel buttons)
      AND
      A single line solution to switching a GUI "screen":
      GuiMod("MAIN", $GUI_HIDE)
      GuiMod("DETAILS", $GUI_SHOW)
      GuiMod("PLANS", $GUI_HIDE)
      Another way I've used this to my advantage is as follows:
      Say a GUI has 3 or 4 main screens, and 3 or 4 "form" screens.
      When switching to a form screen, save the main screen that it was on to a variable; then once the user is done with the form, either submitting or cancelling, you can call the variable to revert back to the main screen it was on.
      Func _GuiMod($i, $tog, $act = True) Switch $i Case "MAIN" If $tog = $GUI_SHOW And $changes Then $changes = False ControlClick($GUI, "", $LOGfg) Else EndIf If $tog = $GUI_SHOW Then WinMove($GUI, "", Default, Default, 535, 445) _ToggleCTRL($tog, $TAB, $LOGfl, $LOGfc, $LOGfi, $LOGfg, $LOGta, $LOGvd) _ToggleCTRL($tog, $LOGtp, $LOGse) Case "DETAILS" If $tog = $GUI_SHOW Then WinMove($GUI, "", Default, Default, 535, 475) Local $cont = True If $tog = $GUI_SHOW And $act Then If Not UpdateDetails() Then $cont = False _GuiMod("MAIN", $GUI_SHOW) EndIf EndIf If $cont Then _ToggleCTRL($tog, $dUID, $dICU, $dACC, $dCOF, $dNAM, $dCO2, $dIPW, $dEMA, $dEDI, $dLOG, $dMOD) _ToggleCTRL($tog, $dUPD, $dINP, $dAPL, $dALO, $dAAF, $dPLL, $dLOL, $dAFL, $dSAV, $dCAN, $dRPL) _ToggleCTRL($tog, $dRLA, $dACT, $dAC2, $dRET, $dDEL, $dADD, $dMQC) EndIf Case "ADD-INPUT" _ToggleCTRL($tog, $nCOMi, $nCO2i, $nNAMi, $nNAMb, $nEMAi, $nPREc, $nACCc, $nICUi, $nADDi, $nNOTi) _ToggleCTRL($tog, $nAPLb, $nALOb, $nAAFb, $nPLAl, $nLOCl, $nAFFl, $nRPLb, $nRLAb, $nADDb, $nCLEb) Case "PLANS" If $tog <> $GUI_SHOW Or Not $changing Then If $act Then _ToggleCTRL($tog, $dMOD, $dLOG, $dUPD, $dDEL) _ToggleCTRL($tog, $dINP, $dAPL, $dALO, $dAAF, $dPLL, $dLOL, $dAFL, $dSAV, $dCAN, $dRPL, $dRLA) EndIf Case "CHANGE" _ToggleCTRL($tog, $dITL, $dITC, $dAML, $dAMC, $dSCB, $dCCB, $dEAB) If $tog = $GUI_SHOW Then GUICtrlSetState($dRET, $GUI_DISABLE) Else GUICtrlSetState($dRET, $GUI_ENABLE) EndIf Case "NEW" If $tog = $GUI_SHOW Then WinMove($GUI, "", Default, Default, 465, 475) _ToggleCTRL($tog, $TAB, $nCOMl, $nCOMi, $nCO2l, $nCO2i, $nNAMl, $nNAMi, $nEMAl, $nEMAi, $nPREl, $nPREc) _ToggleCTRL($tog, $nACCl, $nACCc, $nPAEb, $nICUl, $nICUi, $nADDi, $nAPLb, $nALOb, $nAAFb, $nPLAl, $nLOCl) _ToggleCTRL($tog, $nAFFl, $nRPLb, $nNOTl, $nNOTi, $nADDb, $nCLEb, $nLAST) Case "ACCESS" If $tog = $GUI_SHOW Then WinMove($GUI, "", Default, Default, 465, 330) _ToggleCTRL($tog, $ACCd1, $ACCd2, $TYPla, $TYPli, $TYPad, $TYPde, $TYPmu, $TYPmd, $ACCla, $ACCli) _ToggleCTRL($tog, $ACCde, $ACCmu, $ACCmd, $ACCdl, $ACCdi, $ACCal, $ACCai, $ACCaa, $taRET) Case "TPi" _ToggleCTRL($tog, $tpOPEb, $tpCREr, $tpLINr, $tpCO2i, $tpEMAi, $tpEMAl, $tpCREb, $tpCOPb, $tpCOPi, $tpCTOi, $tpCGOb) _ToggleCTRL($tog, $tpUFLi, $tpUFLb, $tpICUi, $tpPLAi, $tpLINb, $tpDLIb, $tpUFMi, $tpSCAl, $tpCFAr, $tpCBAr) Case "TPC" If $tog = $GUI_SHOW Then _GuiMod("TPL", $GUI_HIDE) _GuiMod("TPH", $GUI_HIDE) _GuiMod("TPD", $GUI_HIDE) EndIf _ToggleCTRL($tog, $tpCO2l, $tpCO2i, $tpCOPl, $tpCOPi, $tpCREb, $tpCOPb, $tpSEPl, $tpCTOl, $tpCTOi, $tpCGOb, $tpLAST) _ToggleCTRL($tog, $tpIDNl, $tpIDNi, $tpIDNn, $tpSCAl, $tpEMAi, $tpEMAl, $tpCFAr, $tpCBAr) Case "TPL" If $tog = $GUI_SHOW Then _GuiMod("TPC", $GUI_HIDE) _GuiMod("TPH", $GUI_HIDE) _GuiMod("TPD", $GUI_HIDE) EndIf _ToggleCTRL($tog, $tpUFLl, $tpUFLi, $tpUFLb, $tpICUl, $tpICUi, $tpPLAl, $tpPLAi, $tpLINb, $tpDLIb, $tpUFMl, $tpUFMi, $tpIMAb, $tpIMRb) Case "TPH" If $tog = $GUI_SHOW Then _GuiMod("TPC", $GUI_HIDE) _GuiMod("TPL", $GUI_HIDE) _GuiMod("TPD", $GUI_HIDE) EndIf _ToggleCTRL($tog, $tpUFLl, $tpUFLi, $tpUFLb, $tpUFMl, $tpUFMi, $tpCOCl, $tpCOCi, $tpCOGb) Case "TPD" If $tog = $GUI_SHOW Then _GuiMod("TPC", $GUI_HIDE) _GuiMod("TPL", $GUI_HIDE) _GuiMod("TPH", $GUI_HIDE) EndIf _ToggleCTRL($tog, $tpDIDl, $tpDIDi, $tpDIDb) EndSwitch EndFunc Func _ToggleCTRL($tog, $c0 = 0, $c1 = 0, $c2 = 0, $c3 = 0, $c4 = 0, $c5 = 0, $c6 = 0, $c7 = 0, $c8 = 0, $c9 = 0, $c10 = 0, $c11 = 0, $c12 = 0) For $i = 0 To @NumParams GUICtrlSetState(Eval("c" & $i), $tog) Next EndFunc  
    • david1337
      By david1337
      Hey guys
      I need help to get further with this script

Test.txt contains lines like this:
      #Include <File.au3> #include <GUIConstants.au3> Global $file = FileRead("Test.txt") GUICreate("", 800, 800, 192, 124) $control = GUICtrlCreateEdit($file, 0, 0, 400, 800, $ES_AUTOVSCROLL + $WS_VSCROLL + $ES_READONLY) GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 14, 400, 0, "@Arial Unicode MS") GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0xFFFFFF) GUICtrlSetState($control, $GUI_FOCUS) ;Makes sure that text is not highlighted by default GUISetState(@SW_SHOW) While 1 $nMsg = GUIGetMsg() Switch $nMsg Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE Exit EndSwitch WEnd  
      Okay so is it possible to make each line become a clickable item?
      Say I want to delete Line2, then I highlight it and click a "remove" button.
      Also an "add" button would be needed to add new lines
      On Case $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE the changes should be saved to Test.txt (Or with a save button)

Is this possible?
      I hope you can help me :-)

• jiggunjer
      By jiggunjer
      I want to listen for certain windows events like window open/closed. After reading the help I think I need to use ObjCreate('shell.application') and ObjEvent with that object to create/register a listener. The problem is I don't know what interface or events (i.e. the specific event names) are available for the listener. I tried searching MSDN but it is a labyrinth and I'm not that familiar with the programming frameworks/models used by Windows, and all the examples seem to refer to compiled code using .NET or some other api.
      Can any1 point me in the right direction? Also is using COM objects considered the 'modern' way to do this, or should I be using some other framework/resources?
    • parrishjason
      By parrishjason
      I want an AutoIT script to be able to open a given page, but also be able to check the HTTP status of the page and print out the status code in a message box. Looking through some of the documentation, I've found how to open a page in Internet Explorer and keep it as an object by doing this:
      $IE = _IECreate($google_url)
      ^^^ but how would I find the HTTP status 200 from here?