How to activate a certain tab on a program

hello again here is my question i have a tabbed program ( a program that has multiple tabs inside it , just like any browser)

i want to select a tab containing a certain title and activate it . how can i do it?

thank you in advance regards

What's the program if you don't mind me asking?

EDIT: Also, the AutoIt window info tool will be your best friend. :)

Edited by MikahS

Snips & Scripts

My Snips: graphCPUTemp ~ getENVvars
My Scripts: Short-Order Encrypter - message and file encryption V1.6.1 ~ AuPad - Notepad written entirely in AutoIt V1.9.4

Feel free to use any of my code for your own use.                                                                                                                                                           Forum FAQ

Look up the _GUICtrlTab_ActivateTab function in the help file.  Use the window info tool as described by MikahS to help determine the control instance then look at the ControlGetHandle function in the help file to learn how to programmatically obtain the handle needed.

What to do if the window info tool doesn't  give back any control on the tabs? I had a similar problem a while back with an updated program. I danced around the problem reather ungracefully by moving the window to 0,0 resizeing it to the size it appeared to my computer then mouseclick in said coordinates to achive what I wanted.